[3.7] Ice Spear Miner - Fun & Fast Machine Gun Simulator, Great League Starter

Yeah that's actually a really good point that honestly just slipped my mind when I was updating the build. There really isn't any point in getting the keystone if you have Cloak of Defiance now since there are no mana nodes behind it anymore. I'll have to update the main post to reflect that.
IGN: LepreTuggler
Hi! New to the build. I have 3 questions to start, just reached 70 and about to start mapping in HC Legion.

1) I've noticed you run a lot of rare ES based gear, despite gem color requirement not being needed. Since MoM only works for protecting life, shouldn't we either changed that for Evasion or Armor gear, or run Eldrich Battery? On the POB link in the main post there's 800 ES that seem a bit useless to me, which I would rather spend on mana to save passive points or on other form of mitigation to require less chromatics and get a bit more tankiness.

2) Since I'm playing HC, what DPS passive points could I cut to get more life (and/or mana, regarding your MoM level, as you explained). I'm curious to know in which order you prioritize your DPS passives.

3) This is more of a gameplay issue, as I'm new to mines, but... how can you clear packs with this build? The whole leveling process I ran on a second weapon set with Ice Traps on a Lifesprig, only to switch on bosses. I got overwhelmed a LOT while leveling and even on Kitava, the fight was rough in heart phases, had to switch back to Ice Traps to clear the mobs, make a way to the heart, and then place the mines. The Ice Spears just fire in every direction, half damaging many mobs but killing none. It was honestly tough to play. Does this get better?

Thank you for your time and for sharing your build!

Last edited by Gallaxe on Jun 16, 2019, 12:04:50 AM
"
Gallaxe wrote:
1) I've noticed you run a lot of rare ES based gear, despite gem color requirement not being needed. Since MoM only works for protecting life, shouldn't we either changed that for Evasion or Armor gear, or run Eldrich Battery? On the POB link in the main post there's 800 ES that seem a bit useless to me, which I would rather spend on mana to save passive points or on other form of mitigation to require less chromatics and get a bit more tankiness.

Extra ES is never really useless. The amount of evasion or armor you would get from a few pieces of hybrid gear without any scaling on the tree wouldn't add up to a whole lot. The added EHP of some flat ES on top of your life and mana pool can help out a lot against one-shots. The reason you don't take EB on this build is pretty simple though, you would eat through your ES in no time with the high mana cost of placing mines and you would have no way to recover your ES other than waiting for it to recover naturally.

"
Gallaxe wrote:
2) Since I'm playing HC, what DPS passive points could I cut to get more life (and/or mana, regarding your MoM level, as you explained). I'm curious to know in which order you prioritize your DPS passives.

If you really want to save yourself a few points, you could entirely skip out on the Doom Cast cluster. It would be pretty hard to justify giving up most of the other DPS nodes, as they generally serve some other purpose besides just damage. If you don't care at all about damage, you could also give up Snowforged, but those are some of the most cost-efficient DPS nodes that this build gets.

"
Gallaxe wrote:
3) This is more of a gameplay issue, as I'm new to mines, but... how can you clear packs with this build? The whole leveling process I ran on a second weapon set with Ice Traps on a Lifesprig, only to switch on bosses. I got overwhelmed a LOT while leveling and even on Kitava, the fight was rough in heart phases, had to switch back to Ice Traps to clear the mobs, make a way to the heart, and then place the mines. The Ice Spears just fire in every direction, half damaging many mobs but killing none. It was honestly tough to play. Does this get better?

Looking at your tree, it seems like you've already taken piercing shots, it is really odd that you're being overwhelmed and having trouble clearing packs. When I'm mapping with this character, unless I intentionally jump in to the middle of a pack of mobs, it is very rare that they will even come close to me before they die. I've run delves down to ~400 without taking damage to my ES just because everything is frozen all the time. You might want to consider dropping Elemental Focus for Elemental Proliferation or Increased Critical Damage.

If you want an example of how the build generally plays in maps when I'm not trying too hard to go fast, the full hydra video is fairly representative. https://streamable.com/3mk0k
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jun 16, 2019, 5:14:51 AM
Hello!
I really love the build and am enjoying it in maps and boss runs.
I've been playing this build most of the league.
I'm currently having a really bad issue with survivability and damage.
Comparing my build to yours in Path of Exile, you still do significantly more damage than I do. This is calculated without the flasks, increasing my critical strike change in the tree, and putting on an additional link in my Tremor Rod (currently running 5-link).
I know I'm missing the Watcher's eye jewel. I'll be obtaining it soon.
But I'm still baffled as to why my damage is so poor.
Here's my PoB link if you have the time to check it out.
https://pastebin.com/bYeC0TQM
I have no idea what to do. I'm not exactly a great builder myself.
Thanks for your help and the awesome build!
Looking over your build, the best thing you could do right now is get yourself a shaper helmet with the Place an Additional Mine mod so that you can replace Minefile in your 5-link with Controlled Destruction. That alone will pretty much double your current DPS. After that, I would make sure you have arcane surge set up on your flame dash.

Another thing to note is that you currently don't have any sources of elemental penetration. Using a curse, boot enchantment, delve helmet mod, the cold penetration support, wise oak or frost bomb would significantly increase your damage as well. If you go the curse route, projectile weakness is better than both frostbite and elemental weakness.

As for survivability; once you have enough damage, you can swap out elemental focus for elemental proliferation and it should solve most of your problems.
Last edited by LepreConMan on Jun 17, 2019, 10:39:22 PM
what pantheon you use?
"
LepreConMan wrote:
Looking over your build, the best thing you could do right now is get yourself a shaper helmet with the Place an Additional Mine mod so that you can replace Minefile in your 5-link with Controlled Destruction. That alone will pretty much double your current DPS. After that, I would make sure you have arcane surge set up on your flame dash.

Another thing to note is that you currently don't have any sources of elemental penetration. Using a curse, boot enchantment, delve helmet mod, the cold penetration support, wise oak or frost bomb would significantly increase your damage as well. If you go the curse route, projectile weakness is better than both frostbite and elemental weakness.

As for survivability; once you have enough damage, you can swap out elemental focus for elemental proliferation and it should solve most of your problems.

Thanks very much! I followed your advice and it's working wonders. Much appreciated!
Please add levelling items and level 24 - 48 - 72 - 96 skill tree way. Im beginner thanks for the your guide.
Hey!
First off, thank you for writing this guide.
Secondly; how do you go about generating frenzy for the duration of phase run?

Secondly, is it possible to run a CS option of this with Shav's?
Anybody plz help me, what i can upgrade in my build?
https://pastebin.com/yEjgKqi8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info