AI can generate portaits indistinguishable from real human faces. what does this mean?

"
erdelyii wrote:

I'm curious: are people looking for something completely new then? What is it we are trying to get phones to do that they don't?

We wanna do this, but using a phone.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

We wanna do this, but using a phone.

Peace,

-Boem-

Silly me.
"
erdelyii wrote:

"
tsunamikun wrote:
klischees

You're German? English = cliches, but I like yours, it's cool.

I'm curious: are people looking for something completely new then? What is it we are trying to get phones to do that they don't?

ah yeah forgot about that :)

and having native AI systems on them, the example used was a mimic of other voices.(which need serious computing power right now. currently only found at the google mainframes :> )

but i like Boems idea a lot more :D
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
erdelyii wrote:

Silly me.

We have been fondling phones for years now, it's time for payback and we will welcome it!

Peace,

-Boem-
"
tsunamikun wrote:

ah yeah forgot about that :)

and having native AI systems on them, the example used was a mimic of other voices.(which need serious computing power right now. currently only found at the google mainframes :> )

but i like Boems idea a lot more :D

All good, it was such an odd spelling I looked it up :)

I see. That makes sense, because rough, non-organic edges are hard to smooth and easy to detect in fakes of any kind.

Boem's idea, hahaha of course you do.

"
We have been fondling phones for years now, it's time for payback and we will welcome it!

Peace,

-Boem-

The restless, eldritch multi-thumbed horror I am imagining does have killer curves...

So, today I went to a small event at a warehouse where Nora Bateson engaged in several dialogues with various people. Aside from it being an interesting day
for the conversations and audience participation, the idea of warm data was discussed.

The application of warm data to AI of course came up. Nora said that she has been talking with a group of people in Silicon Valley who are involved in developing AI, and who want to do something good with it. She didn't go into the AI angle too much, and as it's all new concepts to me I won't either - just leaving the links here at this stage for anyone who wants to look into it.

Without understanding it all enough to explain anything, it seems that AI could do incredible things with warm (and cold, as we already predicted they could) data analyses, but the big systems that will also use it will use it to entrench their systems even further.

Interesting times.

Last edited by erdelyii on Feb 23, 2019, 9:37:29 AM
"
erdelyii wrote:
So, today I went to a small event at a warehouse where Nora Bateson engaged in several dialogues with various people. Aside from it being an interesting day
for the conversations and audience participation, the idea of warm data was discussed.

The application of warm data to AI of course came up. Nora said that she has been talking with a group of people in Silicone Valley who are involved in developing AI, and who want to do something good with it. She didn't go into the AI angle too much, and as it's all new concepts to me I won't either - just leaving the links here at this stage for anyone who wants to look into it.

Without understanding it all enough to explain anything, it seems that AI could do incredible things with warm (and cold, as we already predicted they could) data analyses, but the big systems that will also use it will use it to entrench their systems even further.

Interesting times.

Give me a workable piece of "warm data" thank you.

She looks like a fascinating women to talk with or listen to. I think
cross-field examination is extremely important but also intensely dangerous because of exponential growth of data-sets.(if you want to understand fully, your going to add more and more fields to the data-set)

And i don't particularly believe people who have sacrificed their life on a single field can simply do such tasks because they have blind spots or biases towards other fields.

Would an AI be capable of such a feat is an interesting question, after all the core "mind" from which it would be booted would be human.

Peace,

-Boem-

"
Boem wrote:

Give me a workable piece of "warm data" thank you.

Lol I think you are still back at weird science with that Boem!

So - moving on

"
Boem wrote:
She looks like a fascinating women to talk with or listen to. I think
cross-field examination is extremely important but also intensely dangerous because of exponential growth of data-sets.(if you want to understand fully, your going to add more and more fields to the data-set)

And i don't particularly believe people who have sacrificed their life on a single field can simply do such tasks because they have blind spots or biases towards other fields.

Would an AI be capable of such a feat is an interesting question, after all the core "mind" from which it would be booted would be human.

Peace,

-Boem-

Yeah, she was fascinating to listen to. I had a chat with her afterwards, about the soup, her love of salt (I was on kitchen duty, open plan warehouse so was in and out of the audience) and how I liked how she took a long time sometimes to think after a question was posed. I said I liked watching her think. She liked hearing that.

She lives in Sweden, you could go meet her :)

Again, I'm new to it and haven't yet read further. From the conversations (which were with variously, a professor, a therapist, and a self-described couple of mad people) it seems to be tied to asking different questions and looking at context rather than trying to look at all things at once.

I didn't take any notes, just absorbed it.

One memorable thing Nora said was about problems. I wonder if she's written up the zombie story....

YES Zombies and Hitchhikers (selected from my book: Small Arcs of Larger Circles)

OK, so what we think is the "problem", often is not the problem, it's what systems are saying is the problem, where all the arrows are pointing, but it might not be what the actual problem is.

Hopefully that's sensical and doesn't sound too wafty!

Last edited by erdelyii on Feb 23, 2019, 10:34:07 PM
I"ll read the story's tomorrow, just going to bed and watching some anime.

But if i get the gist of it it's something like this

"your not asking the right answers from the context presented"

A shift in paradigm to adress something.

When i am presented with something like that, i use a mental trick to fascilitate what is otherwise framed.
I bassicaly use a black magics cube with a ? written on it and use it like a shrodingers box.

That is to say, i think of it as a mental space where all and no answers are agregated and then present it with a question and then follow whatever returns from that space and work back to the question.

Not sure if that makes sense, but to me it's a solid mental tool to work on questions without falling in the trap of "framing" or "solidifying" the result.

It's something i came up with myself so i'm not sure if it translates to other people though.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : maybe it makes more sense if you think of the black cube as your subconcious or dreamstate which isn't shackled by the "framing" part of your mind which allows more cross-reference patterns which wouldn't be available if you use your "concious mind" to contemplate something.

I think i got you beat on the wishy washy area though.
Try it, see what answers pop out if you ask it a question and enjoy.
Last edited by Boem on Feb 23, 2019, 11:19:46 PM
Thanks for that Boem. It does make sense and I know just what box to picture. A Minskytron.

Sweet dreams (you're probably waking up by now, ha).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info