[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

Hey , awesome guide. I've been following it for awhile. With the Cold Iron's "deal no elemental damage" Does that effect our agony? Will hatred still be usable, ect?
Re CIP NO elemental:

I believe that the "deal no elemental damage" applies only to us, since it lacks a minion tag. I don't use hatred myself, but it shouldn't be hard to run a test--turn on hatred and see if the crawler still chills enemies. Let us know if I was right ;>

-O

P.S. As a side note, I was trying to finish the Waka unique map today and tried my old dodge of subbing in a balefire for the boss. I was briefly confused when it wasn't working . . . then I unequipped the other cold iron point. :>

-O

----

Hatred works. Thanks
Last edited by BinaryMasta on Sep 21, 2019, 4:28:37 AM
Playing this build at blight sc league and lovin it!!! Awasome!

A question: which is better: pride or Hatred?
re pride vs. hatred:

Likely this will vary by circumstance/rezzes etc. I suspect Hatred will be better for clear and pride will be better for bosses with high res.

For reference, in hc I am currently using just HOA and aspect of spider.

Glad you are enjoying it!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 21, 2019, 6:03:19 PM
Welp, my tech for fighting uber elder needs work. Lost my attempt at 93. So it goes.

That said, the cold iron version of the build was marvelous everywhere else, delves deep, farms shaper, and was all around fun to play.

Break time.

-O
Swapping out the Empower 4 for a 20/20 Vicious Projectiles increases the DPS on Tail Spike (and Mortar).

Do you use the Empower so that the Cleave attack does more damage?
Partially. Empower is most important if it takes you past a breakpoint. In the cold iron version, we want empower to get past lvl 31, which is a big power spike for the crawler, as the attack speed goes from 4% per stack to 5% per stack. In the bow version, lvl 4 empower provides better overall dps because it applies to the melee attack also, keeps the ranged damage close, and provides slightly better attack speed for faster clear (since VP comes with an attack speed penalty. That said, I would choose VP over lvl 3 empower in the bow version. On the cold iron version, I would choose even a lvl 2 empower if it specifically got us from lvl 30 to lvl 31. Hope that helps.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 24, 2019, 12:02:30 AM
My Current Project (Short video)

This is slightly off topic, since the project I am working on, though it still starts with Herald of Agony, is currently as an elementalist (though it also works as a jugg for slightly better defense/slightly lower dps) but for those of you following along on this build, I couldn't help sharing it.

It starts from the same basic concept as the original build: Use a bow to power up herald of agony while getting excellent life gain on hit. But instead of just the herald of agony, the bow now ALSO summons skeletons (via trigger) to fully power up 6 Carrion Golems (4 in Jugg variation).

The result is much more fun for blights than the original build, and its single target dps is hilarious. Below is a link to a very short clip of the build deleting the 3rd Uber Izaro fight at lvl 75. If you feel like having a look, my profile is open. The character is O_Jugg_O.

Uber Iz deletion: https://youtu.be/1cgTNKeLiY8

-Orion
Has any one else here tried Divine Flesh? i am currently using it and loving it, i feel as if the only thing that could really kill me is very large phys crits from mean abyss monsters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info