[3.5] Wretched Orb (Insane duration Winter orb) Shaper, Uber elder, end game

Hello, im really impressed by your build and gonna try it, but have 1 question. What about sustain. I didnt see any life leech on items on tree, so using only pots is enough to survive?

and funny thing, yesterday Coward's Legacy was 70-75c, today its 1.5-2 exalts...
I just started league and coz of work couldnt grind this yesterday, Halleluja
Have you thought of having this setup in your gloves

Frost Bomb - Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit Support - Temporal Chains

This makes your curse automatic while mapping and you use Frost Bomb on bosses anyway for the cold debuff, this setup makes it also keep the curse up.
What do you think about a MF version? Would Temp Chains make you too slow without Kaom's Root?
"
Vaximette wrote:
Have you thought of having this setup in your gloves

Frost Bomb - Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit Support - Temporal Chains

This makes your curse automatic while mapping and you use Frost Bomb on bosses anyway for the cold debuff, this setup makes it also keep the curse up.

thats a great idea, ran a few maps with it to try it out and its pretty consistent. I put arcane surge onto phase run instead. I found that hitting the boss with the dmg part of frost bomb can be tricky however (if they are very mobile)

I'll definately throwing it in as an option, as it really enables the BV setup in the helm.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Dec 19, 2018, 2:22:41 PM
I was wondering how tricky it would be to actually hit Frost Bomb.

I thought of 2 options:

1-Writhing Jar: frost bomb on worms before fight. Not sure if worth a flask slot.

2-Use a different spell in place of Frost Bomb, but keep the HoI+CoH setup.
Other thing I thought is to use Starkonja's for 50% reduced damage taken on low life since the belt puts us on low life status.

Not sure how efficient this will be though.

P.S. Your build is so clever, I'm super hyped to try it (leveling right now).
"
Vaximette wrote:
Other thing I thought is to use Starkonja's for 50% reduced damage taken on low life since the belt puts us on low life status.

Not sure how efficient this will be though.

P.S. Your build is so clever, I'm super hyped to try it (leveling right now).

If Starkonyas would work like that, it would be BiS for this and every other low life build. But it actually causes us to deal 50% reduced damage. It gives us 150% increased evasion rating.

@OP: Very nice build, I am currently considering this or a CoC build for my next project.

Sadly, as fascinating as I find this concept, this build seems extremely limited in its clearspeed. Max. movement speed is always going to cap the clear speed. And can't use HH to get the speed there.

Also, I like to take my builds to level 95+, and while I can only assume, I would say this build will make that very hard because it has no real sustain.

But again, extremely clever concept. And here I thought my current setup to play Arc totems with Cowards Legacy, Soul Mantle, Self-Flaggelation, Pain Attunement and Atziris Reflection was the height of playing around with curses.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 19, 2018, 5:36:46 PM
Could use Zerphi's Heart for perma Soul Eater. That's big boy budget though.

Also *facepalm* on my idea with Starkonja that's awkward...
"
Vaximette wrote:
Could use Zerphi's Heart for perma Soul Eater. That's big boy budget though.

Also *facepalm* on my idea with Starkonja that's awkward...

Ahh, was hyped by a 40 second Soul Eater until I remembered that Soul Eater only gives attack and cast speed :D
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 19, 2018, 5:43:13 PM
Absolutely love the build, and I've been messing with it just a little bit to incorporate a Headhunter for maximum enjoyment.

In order to do this, I had to get rid of Cowards Legacy, which drops the Lowlife status and the 50% increased Effect of Curses on you. This is a pretty big deal.

However, what we can do is wear the Solstice Vigil to make debuffs expire 33% slower to free up the belt slot which helps partially.

Then we use an Aspect of the Spider ring to make up for the loss of Pain Atonement somewhat.

Additionally, we use Herald of Thunder instead of BV for mapping in our Shackles to proc temp chains, so your now a one tap build for mapping, and can use the DPS BV helm for additional boss damage.

The result is massive memes, very long HH buffs, great gameplay, and surprisingly high boss damage even without HH buffs. It almost feels like an autobomber, but I can kill bosses.

Gear so far:

Working on a BV Helmet as well and a corrupted Shackles of the Wretched.
Last edited by FaytePGN on Dec 19, 2018, 7:15:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info