[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

"
Freredacier wrote:
You want your brand recall to be as high as possible.

Our shield + empower lvl 3 gives us +6 to brand recall. We have a lvl 7+6 brand recall, mana cost is 29 (22 + 1.25 multiplier from empower).

Arcane surge can't be too high lvl because it increases the mana required.
We have +2 arcane surge aswell. Your arcane surge gem should be lvl 4 because a level 4+2 arcane surge requires 26 mana spent to be enabled (lvl 5+2 requires 30).

With this setup, everytime you use brand recall (29 mana spent), you get the arcane surge buff !

Aha okey. So i will stop leveling arcane surge at lvl 4 and brand recall at lvl 7.

Ty ^^
I edited my post, you can't have a >7 brand recall. Max level is 6 +1 with the right corruption.
A level 7 brand recall might be expensive. Luckily it doesn't change anything for arcane surge because lvl 6 and level 7 brand recall have the same mana cost.
Last edited by Freredacier on Jan 21, 2019, 7:34:40 PM
"
Freredacier wrote:
I edited my post, you can't have a >7 brand recall. Max level is 6 +1 with the right corruption.
A level 7 brand recall might be expensive. Luckily it doesn't change anything for arcane surge because lvl 6 and level 7 brand recall have the same mana cost.

Got it. Ty very much for the explanation :D
Sorry for asking again, but now im seeing Shield charge is lvl 1 and fortify is lvl 4?

Why not level these up more?
Yes you should max shield charge for the faster movespeed (as gear permits). There's no real point in maxing Fortify but you might as well, so you can continually flip them.
does anyone have a Magic Find version of this build?
would items could i swap? ventors gamble or goldwyrm or what do you think are good options?
Great guide! It’s been a blast playing through the game with Storm Brand. As a couple of other people have posted, I noticed you made some changes to your character including a change to crit on the tree and with weapon. By any chance could you made a post on your opinion between the original guide and the updated crit storm brand character you are running now. Thanks in advance!
completed my first uber elder with your build
I had a slight mishap, put my 'lucky' carcass (It 6 linked in 1 fusing) in the corruption chamber and it poofed! So was back to my +1 tabula for a bit.
But in the same temple, I found a Xoph's amulet in the breech room, which funded linking my loreweave, so was a net positive I guess!
Had to tweak gear a little for resists without the carcass and to hit 80%. Have had to grab lightning walker too, but it's not too inefficient.

Need to enchant boots, or maybe just get an upgrade in general. At the moment I can't balance resists, or even get lightning highest to use wise oak. And a more DPS focussed amulet would be nice.

I've rolled this, waiting for a multimod. I need to get a bit more currency, plus unlock a few higher tier mods (Or find someone I trust) to finish it off

If anyone is wondering about the base, I favoured better attack speed than 8% additional increased damage. Plus they are 2ex cheaper than void sceptre bases - I have no idea why everyone goes for them.

I'm assuming flat lightning, spell damage/added as chaos hybrid, cast speed and chance to double damage are the go to mods?

I'm probably not going to be playing that much, so will try and optimise this char as much as I can I think, I normally re-roll by the time I hit lvl 90ish.
I might try one more character I guess late league.
Which gloves would you guys use instead of trap/cast speed ones ?

I don't need res on my gloves anymore so i'm looking for offensive/utilities stats.
Right now i use these
for regular mapping because rampage is lul and
for endgame bosses.

Atziri's Acuity : vaal pact is nice but my leech is fine right now in maps

Worldcarver for extra shield charge speed ?

Command of the pit abyss jewel + arcane surge

Volkuur's Guidance : extra lightning damage + poison (i'm not familiar with poison mechanics)

By the way, i added an headhunter to my map setup and it feels good !
Last edited by Freredacier on Jan 23, 2019, 10:47:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info