[3.5] Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build Guide [Frostbolt/Ice Nova] 2.3M+ Shaper DPS Tanky

Just picked up my Cospri's, did lab3, and then a10 kitava. I would be more fazed by the fact that cospris is 2ex now if not for the fact that I got a random exalt drop in a8. I don't think I've ever got one while leveling a character before.

Now I need to actually replace all this gear (still got my Goldrim on lol). What is the consensus on chest armour for this build? Presumably Loreweave?

Can someone also explain to me why we have nova on Cospri's as well as our 6L? I thought this was a mistake at first since the wiki suggests that we can't trigger both from one crit, but then I checked on poe.ninja and all the top 10 or so cospri/lyco assassins that I checked have the same setup. I'm using it too but I can't seem to tell if there is a difference between that and putting just frostbolt on the sword. On a related note, is this still the optimal spell setup for single-target? Or is there some GC swap or similar that is worthwhile?

"
DonkyDFabio wrote:
Hello everyone im having some problems soo far with surviving some maps and i need to have some tips on what i could improof.

Would be really nice
https://pastebin.com/HhPybYqH

Plus i dont really See a point in using Rightours Fire, unless i wanna kill my self ^^

You have Righteous Fire socketed in your gloves, OP has Vaal Righteous Fire in the Gems section.

I believe this is so you can use the Vaal version of the skill in order to do more single target damage

everything else looks good imo, but I don't have all of the gear yet so I'm not sure.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Guys, I'm a bit confused as to the point of having multiple ice novas in separate items.

Trigger cooldowns apply to all spells of the same name (regardless of item slot, rank, etc). So when you cospri ice nova is triggered, all ice novas go on cooldown (ie whether they're in your chest or in your other hand if you're dual wielding).

What's the point then of having multiple ice novas equipped?

You're half right and half wrong.

Yes, Triggering the cooldown will automatically put other abilities under the same name into cooldown as well. However, CoC and cospri and two completely different items and works differently.

Cospri has 250ms cooldown on triggering, and CoC has 150 MS. they work separately.

so having two ice nova is fine, as long as they're not in the same item.
"
DonkyDFabio wrote:
Hello everyone im having some problems soo far with surviving some maps and i need to have some tips on what i could improof.

Would be really nice
https://pastebin.com/HhPybYqH

Plus i dont really See a point in using Rightours Fire, unless i wanna kill my self ^^

LoL, seems like a lot of people still don't understand the underlying mechanics behind this build. You want to use Vaal righteous fire is because the spell damage increased secondary effect , it buffs your frostbolt+ice nova by like 39% at level 20. it significantly increases your burst damage against end game bosses
Wow. My level 70 fresh-out-of-leveling character just instantly exploded every monster in a t9 map in about 30 seconds. This is nuts.
the build itself is nice but for me its far to slow its like snail pace once u flask run out anyway to change this

Also how are we suppose to get cyclone down to 0.15 i am at 0.21 missing 2 gem slots but i cant see that taking it to 0.15 is it worth dropping frozen trail?
Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Dec 25, 2018, 4:07:27 PM
So im alittle confused. In this post https://i.imgur.com/nZXHI3D.png it shows that COC and Cospri cast every 7.47 seconds with minimum of 14% cooldown recovery speed on boots/belt so why does your build have so much attack speed? shouldn't 3.73 be optimal attack speed on cyclone? Anyone help me out?
"
the build itself is nice but for me its far to slow its like snail pace once u flask run out anyway to change this

Also how are we suppose to get cyclone down to 0.15 i am at 0.21 missing 2 gem slots but i cant see that taking it to 0.15 is it worth dropping frozen trail?

Surprised by your comment. This is one of the fastest builds I ever played. Shield charging like a madman all over the map, everything blowing up instantly, flasks never run out. Clearing T15 in 1-2 minutes.
Also, check out my character. With Ancestral protector and Blood Rage my Cyclone attack rate is around 0.12.
Last edited by NemoRSRB on Dec 26, 2018, 7:18:18 AM
Original poster makes a build guide but you can't even look at his character, he removed all equipment from it.
Currently only level 71, and this all my budget allowed for now, it will definitely be a work in progress but i like where it's going :).

Anything i should change in my current setup? (minus the obvious getting gems to 20)

Edit: just solo'd merc, and uber lab at 73, id say thats solid.

Last edited by Vlammenzee2190 on Dec 27, 2018, 4:46:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info