Can't play - always getting error 2005270523

Hi guys,

For 3 days I've been trying to get rid of the error message. The game freezes or crashes. Sometimes several windows appear with the same error message, but there is always a different path there. Sometimes the game freezes my PC completely and I can't even start the Task Manager. Then only a hard reset helps.

I tried:
- starting the game with Steam client and normal client
- reinstalled directx
- updated every driver on my system
- tried older Nvidia drivers
- tested with dx9 and dx11
- terminated almost all background processes
- and many, many more little things from the forum of people who also had crashes/freezes.

Today I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows so I could finally play. Unfortunately it didn't work. I'm slowly getting desperate and don't know what else to do.

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/9tyVK9f

dxdiag:
https://pastebin.com/kAv3Cpd5

temps:
https://imgur.com/a/NZKUDho

Hope you guys can help me ... I really would like to play this league :/
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2019, 6:52:39 AM
GGG has been ignoring this crash/error since Delve sadly. Literally 0 response from GGG about this, only a few players trying to help.
Suffering from the same issue. Tried all those fixes as well as more with no positive results. This is my first time playing the game and when I submitted a ticket i received a response that GGG wont be offering help until February 2019. Which is insane... to just stop supporting your game for months? I've suffered this for all 4 Acts so far and i think i'm almost at my limit. I would love to play this game. Please someone help us poor souls.
Come on GGG we really need some help here...
Everything I did to fix this issue:

First of all this problem is related only with directx 11 + windows 10, this is not a fixed if you have crashs or erros with directx 9 too, so... you probably updated your windows, updated your drivers and check PoE integrity of files, but nothing works, so follow this steps until fix.

Important: Always do the spteps with PoE closed. It's important restart the PC when I said to do, the problem is memory leak so the best way to clean the memory is restarting your PC.

1° step: Go to Documents\My Games\Path of Exile and delete production_Config.ini.
Open PoE and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

2° step: Go to Nvidia Control Panel (right click in desktop screen), in 3D settings click at Set PhysX Configuration, in Select a PhysX processor select your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit, ex: GTX 960, GTX 1050...). Restart your PC, open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

3° step: Go to your folder where POE is install, find both clients: PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe and PathOfExileSteam.exe. Properties, tab Compatibility, check Disable fullscreen optimizations, check Run this program as an administrator, and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows 7, do this in both executables. Restart your PC, open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

4° step: Install the CCleaner, open the program and close all others programs, chrome (browser) include, and clean the Registry, u don't need save the backup, just fix all issues. Restart your PC, open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

5° step: Remove all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ in your PC, you can uninstall these through CCleaner, if you have recent program's like new version of photoshop or any other program, you should install the 2017 version, otherwise install just the 2015 version, you can find the download link at official microsoft page for both (2015 and 2017 versions). Before restart your PC, clean the registry with CCleaner again, restart your PC open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed.

That's all I did to fix this problem and now I can play with Directx 11 without any crashs. I hope this solve your problem too and let me know what step solved for you.
Have also started getting this error today.
Have reinstalled client, run dxdiag, i will try your steps now thanks Bruno
"
BrunoBacsh wrote:

First of all this problem is related only with directx 11 + windows 10, this is not a fixed if you have crashs or erros with directx 9 too, so... you probably updated your windows, updated your drivers and check PoE integrity of files, but nothing works, so follow this steps until fix.

Important: Always do the spteps with PoE closed. It's important restart the PC when I said to do, the problem is memory leak so the best way to clean the memory is restarting your PC.

1° step: Go to Documents\My Games\Path of Exile and delete production_Config.ini.
Open PoE and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

2° step: Go to Nvidia Control Panel (right click in desktop screen), in 3D settings click at Set PhysX Configuration, in Select a PhysX processor select your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit, ex: GTX 960, GTX 1050...). Restart your PC, open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

3° step: Go to your folder where POE is install, find both clients: PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe and PathOfExileSteam.exe. Properties, tab Compatibility, check Disable fullscreen optimizations, check Run this program as an administrator, and check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows 7, do this in both executables. Restart your PC, open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

4° step: Install the CCleaner, open the program and close all others programs, chrome (browser) include, and clean the Registry, u don't need save the backup, just fix all issues. Restart your PC, open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed, if it's not go to next step.

5° step: Remove all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ in your PC, you can uninstall these through CCleaner, if you have recent program's like new version of photoshop or any other program, you should install the 2017 version, otherwise install just the 2015 version, you can find the download link at official microsoft page for both (2015 and 2017 versions). Before restart your PC, clean the registry with CCleaner again, restart your PC open PoE again and run somes maps to check if the problem is fixed.

That's all I did to fix this problem and now I can play with Directx 11 without any crashs. I hope this solve your problem too and let me know what step solved for you.

Hey BrunoBacsh,

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback.

I went through all the steps:

1. I had already tried. Unfortunately it didn't work.
2. I had already tried it. No success.
3. I had not tried that yet. But remained also without success.
4. also already done. No success.
5. I just tried that too. Uninstalled all Microsoft Visual versions, uninstalled all the Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Dreamveawer, etc.) including Creative Cloud. But that didn't work either.

But that helped:
I currently have an RTX 2080 TI installed. I replaced it with my old graphics card (GTX 780 TI). Now the game runs without crashes. But it can't be the graphics card fault, because all other games and applications run without any problems. It's not overclocked, so there can't be a problem.
Unfortunately, the performance on my old card is not good, so I would like to use my new card. After all, I didn't buy it so that it's now lying around on the table. And the right of withdrawal has already expired. So I can't send it back.

It's really sad that the support of GGG just doesn't react. After all, I am not the only one with this problem. I just don't understand that they don't offer email support until February 2019. How can that be? I mean GGG can not be THAT small.

Anyway, I really hope that you or someone else has more tips. I will try them all.

Thanks in advance!
"
Banks2337 wrote:
"
BrunoBacsh wrote:

Hey BrunoBacsh,

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback.

I went through all the steps:

1. I had already tried. Unfortunately it didn't work.
2. I had already tried it. No success.
3. I had not tried that yet. But remained also without success.
4. also already done. No success.
5. I just tried that too. Uninstalled all Microsoft Visual versions, uninstalled all the Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Dreamveawer, etc.) including Creative Cloud. But that didn't work either.

But that helped:
I currently have an RTX 2080 TI installed. I replaced it with my old graphics card (GTX 780 TI). Now the game runs without crashes. But it can't be the graphics card fault, because all other games and applications run without any problems. It's not overclocked, so there can't be a problem.
Unfortunately, the performance on my old card is not good, so I would like to use my new card. After all, I didn't buy it so that it's now lying around on the table. And the right of withdrawal has already expired. So I can't send it back.

It's really sad that the support of GGG just doesn't react. After all, I am not the only one with this problem. I just don't understand that they don't offer email support until February 2019. How can that be? I mean GGG can not be THAT small.

Anyway, I really hope that you or someone else has more tips. I will try them all.

Thanks in advance!

Fellow RTX user here (RTX 2080) with the same problem. I feel your pain.

I have an old GTX 970 sitting around, but I'm not willing to swap that back in to fix this issue.
No mention of the problem in the 3.5.0d patchnotes. How can it be that a problem is just being ignored? :(
Hmm seems like the 2080 has some issues with other games also.
Maybe NVidia needs to push a Game Ready Driver.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1073231/geforce-rtx-20-series/games-crashes-on-rtx-2080-no-oc/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info