[3.5] Crit Winter Orb Assassin [All Contents][Uber Elder Deathless]

I noticed the forum for this build isn't too active lately, but maybe someone can answer this for me...

I am currently running a CoC build with 2x Might of the Meek and Unnatural instinct. I decided I want to push to 100 for the first time this league, but my CoC build seems squishy even with 7.2k HP (being melee sucks).

This build looks fun and it's ranged. I put together a tree with the gear I already have for my CoC build (just swapped out weapons for 2x VBs), and was able to reach near the OP's DPS in PoB with 7k life.

Was wondering if this different take would be a viable route, as I have never played Winter Orb.

Link to PoB: https://pastebin.com/8TPzbbUu

Thanks!
"
Phizeek wrote:
I noticed the forum for this build isn't too active lately, but maybe someone can answer this for me...

I am currently running a CoC build with 2x Might of the Meek and Unnatural instinct. I decided I want to push to 100 for the first time this league, but my CoC build seems squishy even with 7.2k HP (being melee sucks).

This build looks fun and it's ranged. I put together a tree with the gear I already have for my CoC build (just swapped out weapons for 2x VBs), and was able to reach near the OP's DPS in PoB with 7k life.

Was wondering if this different take would be a viable route, as I have never played Winter Orb.

Thanks!

To be honest, Your items are already superb, so you can do anything.
"
bvgftr wrote:
"
Phizeek wrote:

Thanks!

That's kind of what I thought. I've only played this character for Betrayal, and now, I'm just wanting to push to 100, so just wanted some input on that current setup as my highest character ever is 96 since I usually havent felt the need to go further in the past. Anyways, appreciate the input and I'll give this a shot!
"
Phizeek wrote:
"
bvgftr wrote:
"
Phizeek wrote:

Thanks!

That's kind of what I thought. I've only played this character for Betrayal, and now, I'm just wanting to push to 100, so just wanted some input on that current setup as my highest character ever is 96 since I usually havent felt the need to go further in the past. Anyways, appreciate the input and I'll give this a shot!

To use 2 Meek + Unnatural, I think the current node seems to be the best.
In addition, since you are using Hatred Watcher's Eye, you can't select MoM.
Just can't make any other skill or ascendancy work as well as this build. Keep coming back to it, current version:

Sitting at atleast 12mil shaper dps with buffs on, assuming 5 projectiles hit per "barrage".
Would crafting a rare, multi-modded sceptre be better over using Void Battery in your opinion? According to PoB, I get more DPS with multi-modded rares, but I'm only sitting at around 78% crit with rares, and around 94% with VB's.
Also, I seem to be fine in survival running T16's, but when a Breachlord spawns in a breach, I end up just getting 1shot. Any advice?
"
Phizeek wrote:
Would crafting a rare, multi-modded sceptre be better over using Void Battery in your opinion? According to PoB, I get more DPS with multi-modded rares, but I'm only sitting at around 78% crit with rares, and around 94% with VB's.

Rare items of higher rank are much better than VB.

For reference, I have never been killed by 1SHOT except before Syndi Nerf Patch.
MoM is really OP.
Hi there,

A rare ring with warlord's mark lvl 8 vs Mark of Submission Unset Ring
Is there a big difference?

"
bvgftr wrote:
"
Phizeek wrote:

Rare items of higher rank are much better than VB.

For reference, I have never been killed by 1SHOT except before Syndi Nerf Patch.
MoM is really OP.

Thanks for the reply. I might try dropping 1x Might of the Meek for MoM and taking the duration keysyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info