Haste

Everyone benefits from Haste. There isn't a single build that does not benefit from either Move, Attack or Cast speed. Hatred is useless if you don't deal a lot of Physical damage. Especially in party play this becomes a pretty significant difference, and can make Haste far more preferrable.

Also, it's nice to cast EC faster :)
I use this aura with CI and it's really awesome. Add shavronne's pace boots and blood rage = cast and move supper fast!!
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
not a huge issue, just wanted to know why is Haste aura increase different(larger) from all the other auras?
Really feel that as a 40% reserve gem haste is just not powerful enough.

I can't speak towards the casting speed bonuses since I don't use that, or know if cast speed bonuses are common.

But for IAS (and movespeed even) Haste is just not worth 40% mana reserve. It either needs to be buffed in effect or changed to a static reserve.

at level 20 haste gives +7% move speed, +14% IAS and +14% casting speed. Those are all decent buffs. However by the time you have a level 20 haste gem have +20-30% movement is common, as is +50-100% IAS. So the haste gem gives you a bare 5.4% increase in movement speed (1.37-1.3)/1.3 and only a 7-9% increase in IAS. Compare this to gloves which can give you as much IAS, or internal mods which can give you up to +30%. Purity at least gives you elemental resistances beyond your max.

Haste just still isn't a gem that is worth the reserve cost. at 30% reserve it might be worth it (after a reduced mana), but not 40.
I think the mana cost needs to be reduced at 40% mana haste is not worth it. Maybe if it was around 25-30%
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
The skill says increased movement speed, attack speed and cast speed.

However I've heard some people claim it is actually more movement speed, attack speed and cast speed.

Can anyone confirm?
Brutus. Do you even sync?
Hey, can haste please be classified as a movement gem? I want to put this into Bronn's Lithe and get a +2 bonus for it. I mean, it gives movement speed, so it definitely should be classified as such...

Additionally, I think that this either should be a "more" multiplier or have a reduced mana reservation. As it stands it's not anywhere close to determination, Purity, or any of the elemental damage auras.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Aug 12, 2013, 12:08:21 AM
Just wanted to second and third the feelings of everyone else in saying that haste is significantly worse than all the other 40% gems. Buff it or reduce cost to make it useful.
~~~Build - Flay's Flicker Finder - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/733257~~~
~~~Shop - Flay's Fantastic Flea Market - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/631082~~~
I think this should be a dex/int skill. Also, I feel this aura is bad for a 40%.
Last edited by haplessGOONtv on Sep 20, 2013, 5:00:28 PM
/bump

please double the % numbers or half the reservation cost
yes 20%, it's not worth one bit more on anyone's mana pool
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info