Haste

Just a thought:
Starts at 25% reserved and 4% MORE ias AND movement speed, and alternates +1% additional ias and reservation cost every even level, and +1% additional movement speed every odd level.

Otherwise, I'll just take the +15% ias notable, and cry myself to sleep at night contemplating the lost potential with this aura ;)

The most important balancing mechanic (imo) is that ias typically comes at the cost of reduced damage per attack and therefore (significantly!) more mana spent per second to inflict equitable dps. This marginalizes the benefit of ias, not to improving dps, but to complete an attack animation and inflict damage before an enemy is allowed to reciprocate. 40% reserved on something already so mana intensive is punishing enough, add on top of that literally no benefit and you have successfully produced the worst skill gem in the game. It's called Haste.

Edit: I should add that, "This marginalizes the benefit of ias, not to improving dps, but to complete an attack animation and inflict damage before an enemy is allowed to reciprocate." Is a considerable advantage! Especially when building with something like stun, chill, or blind... etc... It should definitely come at a considerable cost! It's just that in its current form, Haste offers no real advantage, no incentive to build with it, and no incentive to consider leveling it up or keeping it at a lower level. Changes abound could easily turn this from the least desirable skill, to a good balance of niche centric advantage and general use. It could be one of the best skills in the game!
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 6, 2012, 12:12:20 PM
i have to agree on this

i used hatred as my aura and it scales nicely
when i found haste i thought "hey cool an ias aura, fits my physdamage ranger better"
then i used it for some time and when i saw it doesnt scale at all i was disappointed and switched back to hatred.
if u dont want the attack speed to scale with lvl then u should decrease the mana reserve by a huge factor else this skill will be useless..
IGN: JASICHA
If this was a total multiplier, aka with 200% ias the aura will grant 20%, it might make sense.

That aside, it's a pity.
This aura could have been so nice.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
why is it so hard to give this skill the effect it's meant to have by it's own name?

Haste's effect should only be a bonus on movement speed. Say, for instance, 10%, that scales 1% after each 2-3 levels. Why is it so hard to get this effect from a skill named "Haste"? Will a +10-15% bonus to speed be overpowered? I don't think so.

Just a sidenote, the effects on this skill has chaned since last patch. It doesn't even give faster attack speed :S
So, it looks this skill is not going to be changed; it seems to be more or less useless to more or less everyone.

So I'd like to ask, is there a specific niche use for this skill, where it's so good it can't be buffed in anyway?
Something that completely passed me by?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
I used to find it more or less useless, it's not, trust me, 10% attack and cast speed isn't something you should just disregard.

I do however think it could use a buff when levelled and a nerf starting out. Maybe starting at something like 7 or 8% and reaching 15% at level 20.

I'd also like to point out that the interaction of haste with weapons and gear is inconsistent/unclear or possibly bugged (and possibly not just regarding haste).

An example would be the setup I used in the turbo race, my weapon has +8% attack speed, 1.30 attacks per second, if I use haste this is upped to 1.43 APS (as expected). Now, I have 8% attack speed gloves, add those, without haste, 1.40 APS, with haste 1.52 APS. I can't work out how it gets to that (without significant rounding), I'm clearly doing this wrong.
Weapon stats are integrated in the shown numbers already and seem to be multiplied with other bonuses.
Just like crit, which is why Harp is so ridiculous.

However, your calculation seems to indicate a rather simple and intriguing conclusion:
That Haste indeed stacks multiplicatively, that it is really "more" instead of additive.
If that'd be the case, it would actually have a niche for characters that already stack those stats to high heaven; Well, or at least it would have the same linear effect as for a char that does not.
Zaanus:

___
going further into the if, duel wielding ias characters? it should be a 20% for them as a long while ago dw is now a 10% more based increase. is it 10% then 10% or 20% like i assume based of most other things and general rules?
Any explanations or replies for the example I gave earlier?

It doesn't make sense and no sensible math gets me to the listed numbers POE gives me.

If you take my setup without the gloves or haste, add haste, it goes from 1.3 to 1.43, 0.13 increase.
If you take my setup without the gloves or haste, add the gloves, it goes from 1.3 to 1.4, 0.1 increase.

If you add both, it goes from 1.3 to 1.52, if those effects were simply additive, it would obviously be 1.53 rather than 1.52.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:

your calculation seems to indicate a rather simple and intriguing conclusion:
That Haste indeed stacks multiplicatively

I think Haste might be multiplicative.
Zaanus:

___

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info