General Gem Discussion

"
Kavlor wrote:
You should subdivide this forum into Melee,Bow,Traps,Spells,Mines and Misc(tp gem)etc probably missed some.

So where would Frenzy go?
Fire/Lightning/Ice Trap are all Spells as well as Traps.
Power Siphon is not used with a Bow, but neither Ranged (Spectral Throw) nor Projectile (also Spectral Throw) are functional alternatives.

The interconnectedness of these keywords makes such a divide a fool's errand. The current alphabetical list is likely to be a lot easier to navigate... It's a feedback forum, you should probably know which thread you're looking for beforehand.
Aura gems which reserve a percentage of the mana pool grant bonuses that scale with a character's attributes.
hahhaa
Those with a fixed reservation have set bonuses.
Hi y'all,
It's been more than 3 years that I play this game and I am a little bit disappointed that we don't have a skill that do something like the Blessed Hammer in Diablo 2. The only skill that came close to it is Vaal Spectral Throw and we all know its not even a skill you can consider to play at all. I saw that when you implemented the act 4 in PoE we had a new encounter named Hammerstorm that use the exact same skill as the old paladin (maybe its just vaal spectral throw with a hammer), but it made me believe one day we might have a build like the old glorious Hammerdin. Also we don't have a lot of Mace build Nowadays.

I have maybe a solution on how to make this possible:
1-Make a new active skill gem.
2-Make an enchantment that make spectral Throw spin around you instead.
3-Make a new Item that change projectiles to spin around you instead. (armor piece for versatility of builds)
4-Make an item that grant you the skill and so you can link support gem on the piece of gear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an example of weapon:

Divine Steel
Legion Hammer
------------------------------
One Handed Mace
Physical Damage:(67.5 to 81)-(157.5 to 189)
Critical Strike Chance:(5.75% to 7.00%)
Attacks per second: 1.40
Max. Range: 5
Requires Level 62, 212 Str
20% Increased Stun Duration On Enemies
(150-200)% Increased Physical Damage
(15-40)% Increased Critical Strike Chance
Grants level 17 Spectral Hammer Skill
Every 10 Strength grants an additional 20 accuracy rating
You Gain 4% Increased Attack Speed For Each Spectral Hammer

I find that it's cranky for Strength gems to have either Intel or Dex requirements as well, why can't they just be strength only and the others be either Dex or Intel, that way you can just go all strength or a mixture by changing socket colours.
Could we change the setting color of the gems to give us more of a clue of what type of skill the gem houses?
I find myself spending a lot of time mouseovering them all one by one! The keywords do help.

Some ideas for setting color:
Gold - Support
Silver - Melee AOE
Copper - Melee non-AOE
White - Projectile AOE
Gray - Projectile non-AOE
Pink - Spell cast AOE
Purple - Spell cast non-AOE
Brown - Minion
Black - Other

Make sure these colors are visible when socketed too! :)
This would cut down the mouseovering and reading by 75% or so.

Thanks for making this great game.
Is it possible to create a skill with the support gems like the frost sphere Skill of Sorcerer in Diablo 2?

Hell.. it would be amazing if it would be possible <3
Hi
do not now if this is intended or not
but some skill show bow above the level while they can be used with any weapon or particular weapons like bow and wand.

see examples above barrage should include wand in my opinion and shield charge, shield.
same goes for rekoning with shield and i'm sure there are other, cases if this should not change can someone explain why it says bow above the level line.
thanks for the help.
Gem tags exist only to signify which item modifiers apply. In the case of the 'Bow' tag, it's for Gems that are affected by Silverbranch/-bough's +Gem Level modifier.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Gem tags exist only to signify which item modifiers apply. In the case of the 'Bow' tag, it's for Gems that are affected by Silverbranch/-bough's +Gem Level modifier.

oke that explains it but why shouldn't there be a wand or shield tag you could make items that interract in the same manner as that bow for different gems and i whould stil think it helpful if there was something that indicated whit which weapons you could use certain skills for search purposes in the stash and for beginners
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Kavlor wrote:
You should subdivide this forum into Melee,Bow,Traps,Spells,Mines and Misc(tp gem)etc probably missed some.

So where would Frenzy go?
Fire/Lightning/Ice Trap are all Spells as well as Traps.
Power Siphon is not used with a Bow, but neither Ranged (Spectral Throw) nor Projectile (also Spectral Throw) are functional alternatives.

The interconnectedness of these keywords makes such a divide a fool's errand. The current alphabetical list is likely to be a lot easier to navigate... It's a feedback forum, you should probably know which thread you're looking for beforehand.
They can make tag system like in bug report subforum.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info