General Gem Discussion

There has to be a knock-up in this game. Something to send enemies flying. Knocking up live enemies could be hard to implement for balancing, but corpses would be fine too. Maybe attacks could shoot the enemies up, or away, depending on the skill in question. Attacks that stun would have the effect of sending them flying on kill, instead of the regular animation.

I'm imagining it would be too hard on the graphics, I don't really expect to see something like this in the near future. Would be nice though.

There should be an "Increased Curse Effect" gem and it should only work with manually-cast curses. Blasphemy and Curse on Hit are both just way too much better than manually casting.
Summon Lightning Golem is unaffected by increased duration support gem, I was thinking we could use it to increase the duration of the temporary lightning damage aura.
Pretty disappointed with the new golem being largely INT based, DEX builds still don't have many choices without spending points on raw stat nodes.
Last edited by Raudram on Apr 14, 2016, 8:41:32 AM
Hello,

Summon Lightning Golem seems to not get benefits of pierce + additional projectile from Ascendant sub-class Deadeye. Is it intended to ? Because summon lightning golem has not the "projectile" attribute in the skill description ?
Last edited by maxric2 on Apr 15, 2016, 7:40:08 AM
Minions are not you. Passive and item bonuses do not apply to your Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise.
LIGHTNING GOLEM DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU GO TO TOWN

PLEASE FIX
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
Is it intentional that the Lightning Golem's quasi-Orb of Storms spell/effect does not benefit from the Chain support gem when similar attacks such as from Arc, Tempest Shield, and Orb of Storms can chain?
Last edited by Marikhen on Apr 23, 2016, 3:05:08 AM
"
sdfesdfe wrote:
There has to be a knock-up in this game. Something to send enemies flying. Knocking up live enemies could be hard to implement for balancing, but corpses would be fine too. Maybe attacks could shoot the enemies up, or away, depending on the skill in question. Attacks that stun would have the effect of sending them flying on kill, instead of the regular animation.

I'm imagining it would be too hard on the graphics, I don't really expect to see something like this in the near future. Would be nice though.

I feel like that would be an attribute on a unique weapon. Something like:
"Stunned enemies killed by attacks with this weapon are launched."

Though I'm sure you're right about it being too taxing to implement.
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya
New skill gem Vortex related:

If Frostbolt is linked with GMP, when Vortex is cast will it destroy all frostbolt projectiles and create equal number of Vortexes? Or just one?

And what about mana cost of Vortex? Is it bigger with multiple projectiles or does it count as one cast?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info