General Gem Discussion

Add telekinesis (for remote opening chests, doors, pick items), please. It's would be very useful spell, i think.
I have been testing elemental melee build recently with double dyadus and theres some bad designing regarding skill gems in here.

a) Multistrike - reduces attack damage - increases physical damage. Elemental doest get anything from physical but loses all in "attack" damage.

b) Melee Splash - Same thing as Multistrike.

c) Basically all aoe capable attack skills are physical based. I dont get any benefit from even levelling them. (elemental hit being only elemental attack, but it cant be combined with melee splash.)

Am just going to throwm my Dyadus pair into stash for the while you do something about this.

Thanks anyways - was fun to spend tens of exalts and loads of regrets finding your mistakes :D
Cudez

ps. physical has an op element compared to elemental in that too that it gets the benefit from Leech in gear/passives... its all physical babe!
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Nov 17, 2013, 2:21:23 AM
I see there is no topic regarding Life Leech gem so I ask here:

I wonder how, precisely, Life Leech gem works with a Ghost Reaver keystone from skill tree.
PoE Wiki says that:
"The rate of life gained from life leech is 20% of maximum life per second."
Question is:
With Ghost Reaver node taken, does the 20% gain limit still apply to Life, or it changes and applies to ES then?

Thanks for the answer!
Leech is a Support, so it's in the Support Gem forum :P
Anyways, ES Leech is not Life Leech. No reason for ES Leech to check Life -> it checks ES.
"
KTim wrote:
Add telekinesis (for remote opening chests, doors, pick items), please. It's would be very useful spell, i think.

yea right.. lol
IGN:Jedi_Leba_Brate & Urielone (Domination)
I just made duelist, and to my shock I saw that gems with skills req as strength AND dexterity almost not exist. Why? Do duelist need to choose a road of ranger or of maruder?
"
Mhelkir wrote:
I just made duelist, and to my shock I saw that gems with skills req as strength AND dexterity almost not exist. Why? Do duelist need to choose a road of ranger or of maruder?
some hybrid gems don't have dual costs until a little bit later like lv 4 or 7 gems.
So I had this idea for a crit aura seeing as its kinda limited having to use hatred if you have any kind of phys dmg, even if you go crit.

The crit aura itself shouldnt just give you increased crit chance, instead all enemies inside the aura radius have a higher chance being critically hit. You can take passive points on the tree to increase the radius of the aura, while at the same time being carefull not to make it too big so you risk getting one shotted by reflect mobs which you could then kill outside the aura if you're range specced.
I think the idea of this kind of aura would suit the overall style of poe where you cant just increase a skill and become op, theres a downside to most skills, abilities etc
a crit aura that increases the chance of crit foes take? that would work on crit weakness curse and multiply with player's own crit chance. kinda like this:
if player had 5% base crit chance and had 20% inc crit from passives, then a lv 1 crit weakness curse, then this aura idea providing another 20% but of foes... then:
(5 *1.2) *1.2 + (5 *1.2) =13.2
or in a re-written form... [(5*1.2)+5]*1.2=13.2
It'd be nice to have a strength attack equivalent of Cold Snap/Flicker Strike that has a cooldown that's bypassed by consuming an endurance charge.

To avoid abuse with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, it should have low single-target damage per hit but make up for it in other ways. Example:

Epicentre:
-Produces 3 circular shockwaves in rapid succession.
-Each shockwave has a larger radius than the last.
-Each shockwave deals x% of your melee damage and has 100% knockback.
-Has a slower base attack time (like Sweep).
-3? sec cooldown, can be bypassed by consuming an endurance charge.
-Overall, has mediocre dps but large aoe.
-Animation could either be thrusting your weapon into the ground or a stationary leap-slam.

Or if we're alright with explicit limitations:

Titan Rush:
-Dash forward for x seconds, dragging along all enemies you touch.
-Upon touching an enemy, deal x% of melee damage to that enemy and stun it plus all other enemies being dragged.
-Upon striking a wall or obstacle, deal x% of melee damage to all enemies being dragged and stun them again.
-Take x% less damage during attack.
-Gain x% increased movement speed during attack.
-X% increased enemy stun duration.
-3? sec cooldown, can be bypassed by consuming an endurance charge.
-Cannot gain endurance charges until after attack ends.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info