[3.6] [ELE] THE SPHERE OF SPEARS - Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear [1H] [Uber Atziri/Uber Elder down]

I FINALLY DID UBER ELDER!

Not Deathless at all (lol), but i'm pretty happy with it since it's my first Uber Elder kill :D

I never tried Uber Elder in the past and this meant two things:
1) I didn't know the fight
2) I didn't build for it

After the first attempts I realized that while my damage was good, I was lacking sustain (I would like to point out that this lack of sustain only applies to Uber Elder and everything up to it can be done without much problems), so I've adapted the build to the fight.

1) bought a Watcher's Eye with the mods
"#% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline"
"#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage while affected by Purity of Ice"
2) Arctic Armour swapped out for Discipline
3) added to my belt the veiled mod "120 Energy Shield Regenerated per second while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby"
4) Respecced the tree a little bit, regretting some life nodes for regen ones
5) Swapped Lightning golem for Stone golem
6) Arakaali and Ralakesh for my Pantheon

My buffs for the fight were Purity of Ice, Discipline and Herald of Ice (without support gem, in order to have an acceptable amount of mana unreserved).

These adjustment helped me a lot and I finally managed to kill Uber Elder at my fifth try (with all 6 portals used).

My last 2 deaths in particular were super avoidable with experience/practice:
in my second to last death I died to the tentacles because i didn't know that The Elder can do that attack (lol),
and in my last I was so excited and shaky (since i never reached the last phase of the fight before) that I entered the arena without defensive buffs and got instagibbed (lol again).

If you are a better player than me, know the fight and have quicker relfexes I feel that you could do this with much fewer deaths or deathless.

I'll put a video of the fight in the Video Section as soon as the upload to youtube will be done.

Gear

Loot

Does that Sambar Scepter of yours better than the Cerberus Limb?
And I notice your gloves have Aspect of the Spider, do you think it's necessary?
"
MrLawlesso wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering the reason behind choosing to run Purity of Ice?

it’s very nice against shaper/elder and gives a little bit of phys mitigation thanks to the watcher’s eye mod.

"
Does that Sambar Scepter of yours better than the Cerberus Limb?
And I notice your gloves have Aspect of the Spider, do you think it's necessary?

in pob it gives 14% increased dps compared to a Cerberis Limb.

i bought the aspect of the spider gloves some time ago, but actually i did not used the buff yet.
the plan is to drop purity of ice to use it, but before the swap i wanted to do uber elder.
so no, it’s not necessary at all to complete the game.

-

I've added a video of the Uber Elder fight in the Video Section.
Last edited by tufferugli on Jan 4, 2019, 11:43:14 PM
Then i should probably get myself a Sambar Scepter since the dog foot is too goddamn ugly
"
Then i should probably get myself a Sambar Scepter since the dog foot is too goddamn ugly

it’s also flaccid and boingy... ugh
Curious if i should go for 20/20 ice spear, is the faster projectiles helpful?

And yeah ive noticed a difference since picking up the purity of ice watchers eye, not terribly expensive either.
I m using ice spear selfcast and cant sustain mana. I have like 200 or 250 unreserved (cant remember right now), but it is not enough. And this is with 5-link!

How do you manage your mana?
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
"
I m using ice spear selfcast and cant sustain mana. I have like 200 or 250 unreserved (cant remember right now), but it is not enough. And this is with 5-link!

U are using HOI + COH + WM right? Change into ring with WM curse or Mark of Submission with WM
"

CWC do everything. We just channel winter orb and spears are free. I see no point to self cast ice spear even in the lvling process there is better way to play with arc :)
"
"

U are using HOI + COH + WM right? Change into ring with WM curse or Mark of Submission with WM

No, i m using WM on elders ring. Also tried Bereks grip. May be some nodes with extra mana recovery will help...
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info