How will Tiny's Trial chests work for Xbox?

"
Lotrial wrote:
-Keep the item description in the screen.
-Use the control to move between the currency.
-Apply the currency change to the item with a single Key (a).

That would be a good way to do it too. Guess we will just have to wait a few more hours and see since we have no response from GGG...
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
"
Lotrial wrote:

That would be a good way to do it too. Guess we will just have to wait a few more hours and see since we have no response from GGG...

If you want to try for this specific Trial. Then make sure to have Guff as Commander of the thing you are going for.

Transportation, Fortification, Research or Intervention.

I found it when Guff as leader of my Transportation Safehouse.

Not sure if he has other types of trials that show up or if his Trails are specific for the type that you do.

Hell, I am really just guessing at this at this point, as I have only encountered it once and it was with Guff in the main spot.

"
xPeleusx wrote:
"
Corrison wrote:
"
Lotrial wrote:

If you want to try for this specific Trial. Then make sure to have Guff as Commander of the thing you are going for.

Transportation, Fortification, Research or Intervention.

I found it when Guff as leader of my Transportation Safehouse.

Not sure if he has other types of trials that show up or if his Trails are specific for the type that you do.

Hell, I am really just guessing at this at this point, as I have only encountered it once and it was with Guff in the main spot.

should be right
https://twitter.com/pvnktrashzak/status/1094866240441671681
A few thoughts..

I'm guessing that some of the Masters (betrayers whatever- syndicate member) are gated at some times as to where they can move ( like what division they can be in. Some divisions drop map-altering items or mini-games). I don't think you could get any map modifying safehouse rewards before you're in maps. It wouldn't make sense.

But, that's not really the discussion.

I did this safehouse reward with a pair of boots (the timed reward, where you get a pile of currency and a time limit to craft your item), and i do agree that it's very frantic trying to pick a currency and apply it. Often times the tricky x-box controls make it even harder. I'm fairly sure, IIRC, when i did this reward i was able to pick up an alchemy orb and use it to make my item rare, then pick up a 200 stack of chaos orbs and use the repeat apply ( X-button) on the rare. I only managed to use it 3 or 4 times however, because, as you know, using the joystick to manuever around the inventory can be a little sloppy and inprecise. So, for sure, we need to be able to use the repeat apply (and i think we can, at least on Xbox) because otherwise i can't imagine how we would be able to use more than a couple currency items. Also, the time limit seems pretty tight, but i'm sure that is the point. Realistically though, even with 30 seconds it's a lot of luck involved.

So, i think this will need some further exploring. My thought, is that it will probably just take some luck to get anything good, which is appropriate, because it's another layer of RNG with more and more RNG and some luck thrown in. I don't know that there is TOO much strategy involved, other than a few basic guidelines (like, you have to use the Alc first, then Chaos, then if time, Exalt)

The thing i DID have an issue with, was the other "game", or reward, similar to this, wherein you get to pick out an item in a timed window. I've seen some videos of people doing this reward with unique items, which i have not done yet. The time i did this, i did it with currency items. So, as you all know, sometimes we use the X button to move items (like to and from INV and Stash and Vendors) sometimes we use Y to pick something up, and sometimes we use A button. So, the currency reward window pops up, i start the times (8 seconds i believe) and there is something like 3 Chroms, 1 Scour, 3 Alc, 1 Blessed, or 4 Vaal orbs. So, i chose the Vaal orbs, selected them with the joystick, and pushed A button to try to pick up the 4 Vaal and transfer to my inv. Well, in THIS case, the A button is being use like currency often is (i must have forgot) to apply the item. So, i tried to MOVE the Vaals to my inv, but instead i had selected to APPLY the currency. By the time i figured this out, i tried to cancel, then scroll back over and try again, and DING.... times up. So i got a big old whopping NOTHING. so.. PSA guys, USE THE Y button to move the currency in this situation.

Also, on the same safe house raid, i went to one of the other reward rooms, and opened a Safehouse stash Chest. Got a whopping 1 Sanctified Mana Flask. Not even magic. LOL.. wtf.

BUT..... i can't complain. An exalted orb dropped in the first room of the Safehouse. Still not sure what it came from, maybe a pot/breakable? Anyways i'm going to make sure to break all pots and open all chests in safehouses from now on.

Maybe it's just me... but from the reddit posts, posts here on the forum, and videos i've seen... i STRONGLY believe that they bumped up the Exalted orb drop rate. Maybe people are just posting more. I also suspect the MIrror drop rate got buffed too, because i'm seeing a lot of talk about mirror drops too. Even some lucky dog who got 3 mirrors from a Syndicate member drop. How cool is that... 3 mirrors..

Final thought... has anyone else noticed that the Identify button changed to B, and also that we can now identify in the vendor window, instead of having to exit out. That's kind of nice. Theres a lil love for us Xbox players!
Last edited by Cat_Crap on Dec 12, 2018, 7:08:38 AM
"
Cat_Crap wrote:
I only managed to use it 3 or 4 times however, because, as you know, using the joystick to manuever around the inventory can be a little sloppy and inprecise.

The thing i DID have an issue with, was the other "game", or reward, similar to this, wherein you get to pick out an item in a timed window. I've seen some videos of people doing this reward with unique items, which i have not done yet. The time i did this, i did it with currency items. So, as you all know, sometimes we use the X button to move items (like to and from INV and Stash and Vendors) sometimes we use Y to pick something up, and sometimes we use A button. So, the currency reward window pops up, i start the times (8 seconds i believe) and there is something like 3 Chroms, 1 Scour, 3 Alc, 1 Blessed, or 4 Vaal orbs. So, i chose the Vaal orbs, selected them with the joystick, and pushed A button to try to pick up the 4 Vaal and transfer to my inv. Well, in THIS case, the A button is being use like currency often is (i must have forgot) to apply the item. So, i tried to MOVE the Vaals to my inv, but instead i had selected to APPLY the currency. By the time i figured this out, i tried to cancel, then scroll back over and try again, and DING.... times up. So i got a big old whopping NOTHING. so.. PSA guys, USE THE Y button to move the currency in this situation.

Final thought... has anyone else noticed that the Identify button changed to B, and also that we can now identify in the vendor window, instead of having to exit out. That's kind of nice. Theres a lil love for us Xbox players!

1. Try using the D-pad when trying to use precise menu navigation. It works in every other menu, so it should here too.

2. Did X not work to transfer them to our inventory? Either way they should give us button mapping text at the bottom like every other menu so we don't have this issue..

3. This was covered in the patch notes. It will take some getting used to but it does help. Like when you have an un-identified item in a sell stash tab that you forgot to make public and go to set a price with A. it used to identify it but now does nothing so you can see your mistake.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Dec 12, 2018, 10:14:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info