What music do you listen to?

el otro yo - la tetona
my english sux.
Punk rock. The dead kind.

Instrumental shit, some trip hop, chillwave, weird stuff when im working (autocad).
Metal all the way! Best Angry music to play the game to!
"
starklife wrote:
Death Metal:

Bel'akor
Insomnium
Swallow The Sun
Dark Tranquillity
Gallowbraid
SÓLSTAFIR
Words Of Farewell
Ghost Brigade

No offense ( really ) but none of that is death metal. If anything its progressive/melodic black metal,maybe some "deathly" elements but still a huge difference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPL4O85l24&index=169&list=FLe98HL0xJrDc3v9mceEiA3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbx-OktDyw8&index=119&list=FLe98HL0xJrDc3v9mceEiA3w&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVENVwF4IOo&index=131&list=FLe98HL0xJrDc3v9mceEiA3w&t=0s

Thats death metal, you can see the difference cant you ? Faster tempos and drum structure, aggressive in mood and tone with a shit ton of meat on its bones.
Last edited by decrepit_birth on May 4, 2018, 7:05:18 PM
Lovely ambient sounds of Path of Exile!

Also sometimes Hard Rock or Metal. Not limited to specific bands.
Epic Necro.

-(mostly) 60s-70s rock, prog rock, blues rock etc. Led Zeppelin is my number one.

-Jazz and Jazz Fusion, mostly from the modal era with Coltrane in the 60s up to 70s fusion with bands like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Weather Report etc. I like current artists in the genre as well. John mclaughlin in my favourite guitarist of all time. From more old school styles i enjoy Gupsy Jazz very much. Django Reinhardt of course and many others with Bireli Lagrene being my favourite of the more current ones.

-Blues. From the old acoustic like Robert Johnson, to the blues rock of the 60/70s (early feeltwood mac, cream etc.) to modern ones like Bonamassa.

-Flamenco, mostly nuovo flamenco that has jazz influences. Paco De Lucia is on my top 3 artists of all time. I like others like Vicente Amigo and Gerardo Nunez.

-Clasical Music, mainly from late Classicism to early expressionism. Roughly from the late works of Beethoven to the works of Igor Stravinsky. Since i am a big piano fan i tend to favour works of Liszt and Chopin. Out of 20th century classical music i tend to favour the simpler spanish and latin american compositions for the clasical guitar (tarrega, rodrigo, villa lobos etc.)

-Ethnic music(stupid term). I like serious arabic music(melodramatic pieces with oud, not the trash ones), tradiniotal greek instrumental, mostly from Eperus, some Balkan music, some Clasical Indian. Also i enjoy folk Irish/Scottish.

-Several other artists that do not fall under these categories, like Tom Waits, Jeff Buckely, or Diamanda Galas.

-Depending on the occassion i might enjoy all kinds of rock, maybe even metal.
Last edited by astraph on May 5, 2018, 2:16:59 AM
Last edited by braveluke on May 10, 2018, 3:54:47 AM
Nice 3rd choice there, OP. I have a hard time finding people who even know what Porcupine Tree is, though with Steven Wilson's recent successes I suspect that will be less of a case at this rate.

Anywho a selection of my favourite bands and artists:

Anathema
Porcupine Tree
U2
Depeche Mode
God is an Astronaut
M83
Explosions in the Sky
Cardhouse
Daniel Cavanagh
Steven Wilson
NIN
Gazpacho
Riverside
Haken
Katatonia
Marillion
Devin Townsend

Right ok I could be here for ages doing this. So that's a wrap.
Hi.

IGN: Lady_Serena
"
frenzul wrote:
Punk rock. The dead kind.

Instrumental shit, some trip hop, chillwave, weird stuff when im working (autocad).

This ^ (minus the Autocad, insert HTML GIF here)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info