What is PoE programmed in?

Listen to Sayyadina!

It's a bit like with Romance languages. You can learn French, Spanish, etc. and they're all nice and, to be frank, useful today.
But to get a real understanding of them and what these languages are about, learn Latin first.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Aug 16, 2014, 3:41:45 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Listen to Sayyadina!

It's a bit like with Romance languages. You can learn French, Spanish, etc. and they're all nice and, to be frank, useful today.
But to get a real understanding of them and what these languages are about, learn Latin first.

Worst example ever.
C++ is the stupidest language ever as it has like 18 different types of pointer and there are bits of it that are only really understood by the sort of Russians that even other Russians think of as freakishly smart and a little bit scary.

If you want to learn how to write it hold down the shift key and roll your face across the top row of your keyboard and it will probably compile and seem to work until you change you graphics driver at which point it will melt all your RAM.

In other words it's awesome fun :-)
C++11.....the latest C++14.....

Strong Enum, Smart Pointer, Lamba.....

C++ is still evolving which can be only enjoyed if you know the proper way to program it

I had been working around 18+ years in almost 10+ programming languages

But I still support the C++ as a start up language to any developer

Don't jump into programming by copy pasting header files

first open the header files and go through "what is that file!! .... wow ..... what is inside!!"

Question yourself .... "How DISK read/write and RAM read/write and GPU read/write or compromised??!!"

enjoy :)
"
Please for the love of God do not start programming with Java.

Don't get me wrong, I love Java. It's probably my favorite language to work in, warring with C for that top spot. But as a place to learn the basics of programming, it's terrible. All of the shiny garbage collection, memory management, references, etc. are handled for you. So you don't learn it. Not well.

Start with C. Really. Simple, powerful, bare-bones coding. Pick up K&R, read it, do the exercises, and move on from there. Once you have a solid understanding of all the nitty-gritty details in pointer management, memory, etc., any other (non-functional) language comes so much more easily. And you'll actually get what's going on behind the scenes.

I had to start with C and we had to do pointers and linked lists by hand on tests :o

fuck I know some pointers now though.

fun times in a double necro thread
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Apr 24, 2015, 6:57:04 AM
Would be fun if you add Map editor so we can create own maps =)..

I would make winter landscape dungeon =)
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
"
zempire_2011 wrote:
C++11.....the latest C++14.....

Strong Enum, Smart Pointer, Lamba.....

C++ is still evolving which can be only enjoyed if you know the proper way to program it

I had been working around 18+ years in almost 10+ programming languages

But I still support the C++ as a start up language to any developer

Don't jump into programming by copy pasting header files

first open the header files and go through "what is that file!! .... wow ..... what is inside!!"

Question yourself .... "How DISK read/write and RAM read/write and GPU read/write or compromised??!!"

enjoy :)

I see your an expert in Necro++
I dont see any any key!
@zempire_2011, C++ isn't a start-up language for beginners.
C is, for example, but C++ is a scare-away language really.
do not mess with it if you just started coding, because it can and will mess with you.

it's object structure (multiple inheritance, oh god).
it's attempt to be simultaneously a bare-bones C, AND a robust Java but without the VM and GC safety net...

know what you are doing, and you can make magic happen with it.
don't, and you would not want to touch another piece of code ever again, after it's done with you.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I thought it was flash/java.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Hyskoa wrote:
I thought it was flash/java.

in games that use a Graphics Engine, C++ is pretty much an undisputed king.
like I said though, it is a "hardcore" programming language.
there is a sign on the doorway that says "a Triangle is both a Shape and a Polygon", which roughly translates to "leave now, noob! RUN!" :P
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 24, 2015, 8:17:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info