3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

"
Rheavon wrote:
Some things I noticed. I don't think you want to be using Elemental Focus for this build.

To start with after importing your build and looking at the config, you have uses Power charges turned on, but you don't generate power charges anywhere, and you have use Frenzy charges turned off and you do have ways of generating those. (This also makes Auxium belt less than ideal since you don't have any way of generating Power Charges, more on that later)

So doing this has your Total DPS at 358023, Turning off Elemental Focus, adding Increased Critical Strikes, and going to config to turn on enemy is Shocked increases this to 405897.

Now I am doing a few other changes as well that may or may not be of interest to you.

The build I am aiming towards will be running the Chaos Impresence, Swapping Temp Chains (which isn't as useful on bosses) for Despair, and adding Purity of Elements to the build. With Purity of Elements (or a different Purity depending on your Watcher's Eye) it opens up Watcher's Eye Physical Damage taken as X Element.

With Purity of Elements you are going to be gravy for resists, so lets talk about those power charges. Wait for it, Its not just for people who can afford Headhunters anymore, Lets add Skyforth!

Here is a link to the PoB with the changes I made https://pastebin.com/DyVyBP9Y

I like your changes, except they increase the budget of the build tremendously. Also, as someone else mentioned, elemental focus is only for Bosses, which can't be shocked. I don't think the shock chance from Call of the Brotherhood allows you to break shock threshold on high end bosses. Could be wrong though, in which case yes, your build adds a lot of DPS. Dropping the Temporal Chains adds a lot of risk to your character while mapping, and your version drops a lot of ES nodes, taking ES down to 7872. Without playing the character, I am not sure how comfortable that would be on high end bosses like U.Elder, but I don't have much experience on Elder.

I'm definitely going to save your POB building template, since it's amazing for a higher budget end game version of this build. My only gripe is wondering if 600k dps is worth the budget of the Skyforth and the Impresence vs just going another build such as a more traditional Arc scaling build.
"
Rheavon wrote:
Some things I noticed. I don't think you want to be using Elemental Focus for this build.

To start with after importing your build and looking at the config, you have uses Power charges turned on, but you don't generate power charges anywhere, and you have use Frenzy charges turned off and you do have ways of generating those. (This also makes Auxium belt less than ideal since you don't have any way of generating Power Charges, more on that later)

So doing this has your Total DPS at 358023, Turning off Elemental Focus, adding Increased Critical Strikes, and going to config to turn on enemy is Shocked increases this to 405897.

Now I am doing a few other changes as well that may or may not be of interest to you.

The build I am aiming towards will be running the Chaos Impresence, Swapping Temp Chains (which isn't as useful on bosses) for Despair, and adding Purity of Elements to the build. With Purity of Elements (or a different Purity depending on your Watcher's Eye) it opens up Watcher's Eye Physical Damage taken as X Element.

With Purity of Elements you are going to be gravy for resists, so lets talk about those power charges. Wait for it, Its not just for people who can afford Headhunters anymore, Lets add Skyforth!

You should never ever click shock in PoB. It's not accurate since it was changed to scale by %max life done with a single hit. The only time that box is accurate is if you're an elementalist with bastion of ruin and 150% shock effectiveness.

I agree with skyforths though! I'm heiro so I was going to combine that with the aura nodes in templar area, the heiro ascendency for 10% less reservation, and an enlighten to cram in auras while still having a decent amount of mana for MoM. Herald of Ice is too good not to run for mapping!
"
aremboldt wrote:

I like your changes, except they increase the budget of the build tremendously. Also, as someone else mentioned, elemental focus is only for Bosses, which can't be shocked. I don't think the shock chance from Call of the Brotherhood allows you to break shock threshold on high end bosses. Could be wrong though, in which case yes, your build adds a lot of DPS. Dropping the Temporal Chains adds a lot of risk to your character while mapping, and your version drops a lot of ES nodes, taking ES down to 7872. Without playing the character, I am not sure how comfortable that would be on high end bosses like U.Elder, but I don't have much experience on Elder.

I'm definitely going to save your POB building template, since it's amazing for a higher budget end game version of this build. My only gripe is wondering if 600k dps is worth the budget of the Skyforth and the Impresence vs just going another build such as a more traditional Arc scaling build.

You can double whatever PoB says because you are attaching 2 brands to the boss.
And what about shade of solaris wand?
"
AXPcikle wrote:
"
Rheavon wrote:

You should never ever click shock in PoB. It's not accurate since it was changed to scale by %max life done with a single hit. The only time that box is accurate is if you're an elementalist with bastion of ruin and 150% shock effectiveness.

I agree with skyforths though! I'm heiro so I was going to combine that with the aura nodes in templar area, the heiro ascendency for 10% less reservation, and an enlighten to cram in auras while still having a decent amount of mana for MoM. Herald of Ice is too good not to run for mapping!
"
aremboldt wrote:

You can double whatever PoB says because you are attaching 2 brands to the boss.

Hmm POB is not correctly accounting for both brands in it's calc? Is that a bug?

"
muera wrote:

I was considering it a strong candidate for the non-crit build. But I really think crit is superior choice if you have the budget for it.

I feel like once we start subbing out too many items, we're making this into a different build. If you really want to maximize DPS, you could use a LL version with shavs, then add in purity and max your chaos resistance.
Last edited by aremboldt on Dec 20, 2018, 3:49:29 PM
"
muera wrote:

ok I just did couple T15 maps with it and its a blast guys (for non crit builds of course :) )

really good
Ya, it does break budget a little bit, but not nearly by that much. Skyforth is cheaper than buying a 6L for instance.

I was not aware that the enemy is shocked button didn't work right. That is rather disappointing, but at least it might be relevant for Syndicate fights since Chill does add survivability.
How do you handle the stuns with this build? In yellow/red map I regularily get killed by stun that last a few seconds. It's quite stupid, even with 7,1k ES and some defense layers (gear, flasks), a lot of random hit (which don't really hurt me) effectively one shoot me cause it stun me long enough for the mobs around to crush me.

Did I miss something? It's unfun to play right now, even if I have good eHP/leech/DPS.

Edit: Yes, the multiple exalts worth Skyforth is NOT a solution...
Last edited by bejarid on Dec 20, 2018, 4:59:01 PM
"
aremboldt wrote:

Hmm POB is not correctly accounting for both brands in it's calc? Is that a bug?

Not a bug, it just doesn't add the effect of runebinder into the calculation. It's the same with totems, it just reports back on the dps of one thing.

"
Rheavon wrote:
Ya, it does break budget a little bit, but not nearly by that much. Skyforth is cheaper than buying a 6L for instance.

I was not aware that the enemy is shocked button didn't work right. That is rather disappointing, but at least it might be relevant for Syndicate fights since Chill does add survivability.

The shock button works like old shock, which was a blanket 50% increased damage taken. Current shock is something like 1% increased damage taken for each .2% of maximum health done on the hit. Shaper has 20 million hitpoints, so you have to hit him for 40,000 damage to get 1%, stormbrand for most builds is probably hitting less than 80k, so shock is negligable. Again the exception is Elementalist or Scion (elemenatlist) which have a minimum shock effectiveness regardless of damage done, but even then they almost certainly aren't hitting the 50% cap.

Even against syndicate, the shock probably isn't much. Shock requires a big fat hit, and stormbrand doesn't hit hard, it hits fast
"
Rheavon wrote:

Other than that: You ticked "Frenzy charges" on a Shaper fight. Are you waiting for the adds or do I miss a different source for Frenzy-generation?
Hello, first of all great build and fun to play. I'm playing the Occultist version on softcore betrayal for the past 2 days and I'm almost lvl 90. Got Shapper a couple of lvls ago with no much issue and now my next goal is uber elder but the dmg on the boss seems a bit low.
Here is my PoB atm: https://pastebin.com/j5nhT2Wz
Any suggestions for some more boss dmg? (gems are not 20/20 and I'm trying to get a 6L heart)
Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info