[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

"
Giften wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

yup. i agree with everything u said.

beltimber price dropped by more than half. its like 20c now. It seems like it'll be as cheap as it has been in past leagues.

Or maybe people havent realized that the +2 proj works with spells too.... I was going to try it for COC lancing ice spear lol

btw, u lose -26% damage but u also get to use another support gem, so thats huge. Except there arent many great supports... slow proj/vicious proj are only like 30% more dps. damage on full life will be necessary. u have to figure out how to be on full life with blood rage on.

Do you think the 2 extra projectile from Beltimber is better than the 2 rare foil where we can have crit chance and % spell dmg.

not sure yet. I'm gonna test it. But my guess is that single target is better with beltimber, but clear speed is better with foil cuz of crit chance and atk speed.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 10, 2018, 2:51:58 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
not sure yet. I'm gonna test it. But my guess is that single target is better with beltimber, but clear speed is better with foil cuz of crit chance and atk speed.

With the changes to weapon swap we could always use both, depending on the situation.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Dec 10, 2018, 2:59:20 PM
"
Majad wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

With the changes to weapon swap we could always use both, depending on the situation.

sure. but youd need to switch gems too. if using beltimber, GMP will no longer be good.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 10, 2018, 3:06:38 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

sure. but youd need to switch gems too. if using beltimber, GMP will no longer be good.

Forgot about GMP. :o
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Conc effect doesnt change tooltip on SS, even though its shows on icon, maybe it just a bug, since SS has AoE tag.

If you can get aspect of cat, (i was lucky to get it as belt prefix): boost us quite nicely in both defencive and offensive.

I end up with 95% mana reserve using Aspect of cat, Vulnerability, Herald of purity, and banner as aura.

I m barely use it, too much buttons to mash, since its already 3 flasks+totem+2 vaal skills that bring better perfomance than banner.
Quick update on the pure phys variant.
It's not actually that bad - turns a bit of a corner with better gearing and levels. CLear isn't amazing, but you kind of make up for the lack of range and coverage with movement/attack speed. Just whirl/leap around from pack to pack and shotgun them. Single target is ok now too, not totally reliant on vaal double strike.
Caveat - only at tier 3 maps so far. But think it will do ok. Got some more life and defensive tools to grab yet.

Stuck inbetween at the moment, Got 1 beltimber, and I'm semi-crit too. Need more levels and gear for more crit chance and multi.
Still think the best endgame option will be 2 good foils, especially if you have helm enchant/extra proj from ascendancy/dying sun but beltimbers + crit strikes gem is a good compromise, and will be cheap when price drops. I bought an earlyish one as I sold a jewellers touch prophecy.
Will try fossil crafting foils later (May have used all my luck last league though when I crafted a 370 pdps crit foil with a single fossil)

Still intending on going chain + vulnerability eventually. Ass mark other option, mostly for charges, But vulnerability helps with the bleed and explosions so is probably stronger.
Got a bit of mana to play with, so can squeeze in another reservation, arctic armour or an aspect if I can find a nice ring/belt. Or could put some supports on herald of purity, have the minions blind or cull for me would be decent.

Current gear

Rings are just random self found bits that need upgrading. Boots are ok, need the resists at the moment so going temple boots over Atziri steps. Want to not need resists on boots so I can sub in Roots when needed.
Helm is a placeholder till I can get enchant.
I stuck with it and it feels much better now when I've got some gear. Haemophilia and passives into bleed has helped alot.

Not sure what to do with third and fourth set of ascendency points. Currently have Gathering winds and Rupture. Should I go far shot -> chain or fast and deadly + powerful precision? If so - which first?
Shattering Steel is fine; I find the clear speed is good and the boss damage is insane, I have been melting bosses on T10/11 so far.

It does feel like a slightly weaker Tornado Shot for clearing but Whirling Blade makes up speed. Haemo gloves seem mandatory for clearing.

For bosses pop banner, vaal haste, vaal double strike and use all flasks and bosses become loot. (I do want to fit an ancestral protector in the mix as well, just can't seem to fit it in yet as boots won't roll triple red sockets)

I would go Fast and Deadly and Power Precision over Far Shot/Chain and would go for Powerful Precision first as pierce is what I am missing currently (I do need to fix my ascendancy points and get the last two trials for last lab...)

For gear I am working on 6Ling a Belly and will be saving up for a high phys foil to use with Beltimber.

With helm enchant and Beltimber I feel like you don't need GMP in your links, which adds Slower Proj / Damage on Full Life as options: I do want to get Increased Crit into the link though.

Last edited by krasman on Dec 11, 2018, 10:51:14 AM
"
krasman wrote:
Shattering Steel is fine; I find the clear speed is good and the boss damage is insane, I have been melting bosses on T10/11 so far.

It does feel like a slightly weaker Tornado Shot for clearing but Whirling Blade makes up speed. Haemo gloves seem mandatory for clearing.

For bosses pop banner, vaal haste, vaal double strike and use all flasks and bosses become loot. (I do want to fit an ancestral protector in the mix as well, just can't seem to fit it in yet as boots won't roll triple red sockets)

I would go Fast and Deadly and Power Precision over Far Shot/Chain and would go for Powerful Precision first as pierce is what I am missing currently (I do need to fix my ascendancy points and get the last two trials for last lab...)

For gear I am working on 6Ling a Belly and will be saving up for a high phys foil to use with Beltimber.

With helm enchant and Beltimber I feel like you don't need GMP in your links, which adds Slower Proj / Damage on Full Life as options: I do want to get Increased Crit into the link though.

How are you finding clear without any pierce or chain?

Going for fast and deadly and powerful precision is an option I guess, Fast and deadly feels like a real waste on a non-bow build, and we have a fair bit of accuracy already, esepcially with dual beltimber but I guess it's OK.
Does at least mean that merc lab isn't wasted (If using Beltimber).

I'm not sure about mixing Beltimber and a GG foil (I am currently using a single one, but that's due to lack of funds!). Think I'll either go dual beltimber, and use inc crit strikes, or foils and GMP.
A really high dps corsair, + Beltimber and use inc crit might be an option if you have the helm enchant though, bit of a halfway house approach, but at least you have fairly balanced attack speed and crit.

"
Carlovski wrote:

How are you finding clear without any pierce or chain?

Going for fast and deadly and powerful precision is an option I guess, Fast and deadly feels like a real waste on a non-bow build, and we have a fair bit of accuracy already, esepcially with dual beltimber but I guess it's OK.
Does at least mean that merc lab isn't wasted (If using Beltimber).

I'm not sure about mixing Beltimber and a GG foil (I am currently using a single one, but that's due to lack of funds!). Think I'll either go dual beltimber, and use inc crit strikes, or foils and GMP.
A really high dps corsair, + Beltimber and use inc crit might be an option if you have the helm enchant though, bit of a halfway house approach, but at least you have fairly balanced attack speed and crit.

Clear is better with pierce for sure; but I have not had any issues right now other than maybe a couple stragglers left alive that were out of the bleed explosions. As I said I would have pierce if I did not mess up on ascendancy; I originally was going for chain.

With Beltimbers the Far Shot node is essentially useless; Fast and Deadly adds at least some attack speed at the very least and accuracy. (with double Beltimbers that accuracy would be wasted)

I will have to do some path of building to figure out the best weapon set up; 1x high pDPS foil and 1x Beltimber seems better than 2x Beltimber, but I could be wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info