[3.5] (This is a bad league starter) Lancing Steel + Shattering Steel - Deadeye - League Starter

having so much trouble killing bosses now at lvl39 still using shattering steel and the fights take soo long :/

not gonna give up though, I want to see how it will be at later stages
Last edited by phexifa on Dec 7, 2018, 8:58:05 PM
lancing steel is even worse idk its going hella slow atm
"
phexifa wrote:
having so much trouble killing bosses now at lvl39 still using shattering steel and the fights take soo long :/

not gonna give up though, I want to see how it will be at later stages

This is not giving me the good feels, I'm in Act 3 and Shattering Steel is painful on anything with high HP - bosses, rogues, our new assassin friends, even some blue packs. I was hoping Lancing would be better, but...

"
nocx13 wrote:
so far i feel like Lancing steel lack damage in single target while leveling, anyone else has this problem? #feelsbad

Ugh. I hope someone gets to a point where one of the skills feels like it's doing decent damage so you can tell me how you did it!
a quick fix i tried was to put fork on lancing steel idk how that will work for you guys but ima try that for leveling
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shattering Steel doesnt work with Volley. Not sure why but it doesnt. I'm going to change my strategy for the skill. It looks like the most damage is dealt when you are up close to the enemy. That is the only way all the projectiles hit 1 enemy. Therefore, POINT BLANK is going to be nice with the build.

I'm going to rush to Point Blank. First ~25 levels will be something like this: www.poeurl.com/ca0r

The first 3 link should be: Shattering - Maim - Onslaught

Once we have access to Greater Multiple Projectiles (GMP) and point blank, the damage should be much higher. I dont think Lesser Multiple Projectiles is worth it.

Make sure you use war banner, blood rage, and herald of ash in the beginning.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Dec 7, 2018, 10:03:03 PM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shattering Steel doesnt work with Volley. Not sure why but it doesnt. I'm going to change my strategy for the skill. It looks like the most damage is dealt when you are up close to the enemy. That is the only way all the projectiles hit 1 enemy. Therefore, POINT BLANK is going to be nice with the build.

I'm going to rush to Point Blank. First ~25 levels will be something like this: www.poeurl.com/ca0r

Once we have access to Greater Multiple Projectiles (GMP) and point blank, the damage should be much higher. I dont think Lesser Multiple Projectiles is worth it.

I'm noticing HoP seems to be a better choice than Ash, but coudl be wrong.

Regarding PB, the tooltip on SS indicates that it does more damage the more the projectile travels (up to 100%) so going PB seems to go against the mechanics of this skill.

Overall, I'm not too happy with SS. Maybe with GMP things will be better, right know it feels like I'm not hitting anything even with LMP.
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
Hi, im doing a Champion version and i have problem with enemy pool, i put a few point in Pierce and Piercing Shots, it close of main path of the build and i change GMP for a damage gem (now i have Lancing Steel+Maim+Vicious+Pierce, and i waiting to change Pierce).
Sorry for my bad english.
Decided to try this on rider, the dmg output is really low, not sure if this will more then t15 valuable
"
scabre89 wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm noticing HoP seems to be a better choice than Ash, but coudl be wrong.

Regarding PB, the tooltip on SS indicates that it does more damage the more the projectile travels (up to 100%) so going PB seems to go against the mechanics of this skill.

Overall, I'm not too happy with SS. Maybe with GMP things will be better, right know it feels like I'm not hitting anything even with LMP.

yea purity is better but ranger doesnt have access to it until act 3 library. i have it now
Guys, see my leveling updates. It gets a lot better as you level. Early levels are pretty bad tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info