[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

i have problem heavy solo target this build. than killing bosses? mine-arc does not work. ice spear mine does not work.
"
Samedium wrote:
ice spear mine does not work.

Yes it does. If you un-hide the character tab on your profile, we can have a look at your passive tree and gear and give you some help.
"
Parhelius wrote:
"
Samedium wrote:

Yes it does. If you un-hide the character tab on your profile, we can have a look at your passive tree and gear and give you some help.

opened. I'm dressed like a bum, of course, but it should not be so bad
"
Samedium wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:
"
Samedium wrote:

opened. I'm dressed like a bum, of course, but it should not be so bad

Alright. With respect, did you read the " BIG 3.8 Updates *I'd read this first*" section at the start of the guide? I ask because your gem links aren't correct for the build. To quote the OP:

"When you get to mapping your new links should be -
Arc - Minefield - Trap and mine damage - Added Cold damage
In a shaper base helm with "socketed gems are supported by level X blastchain mine" and "place an additional mine" as the two key mods. Life and resistance are bonus.

Your single target will be a 6L ice spear
Ice Spear - High Impact Mine - Greater multiple projectiles - trap and mine damage - Cold Penetration - Elemental Focus
(these are listed in most important to least important)"

I would make this your first change. After this, I'd suggest the following:

- Swap both weapons. Almost anything would be better, a lot of the stats across both weapons do absolutely nothing for you (e.g. "attacks fire an additional projectile" - we aren't using attacks, we're using mines, which don't count as an attack).

- 5L your carcass jack and put your ice spear mine setup in it (obviously drop ele focus as per the OP's instructions).

- Buy a shaper helm. They aren't expensive. Prioritise "socketed gems are supported by level # blastchain mine", and put your arc mines setup in it (which gives you a 5L; 6L if you can also get the hypothermia/innervate mod).

- Replace all of your jewels, they don't really offer good stats. I appreciate that good jewels cost a lot, but even an abyss with +# to max life and some res/damage to spells or a jewel with increased % life and res/spell damage/etc would be much better than your current choices, and wouldn't be expensive at all.

- Get rid of lightning spire trap - we have ice spear mine for single target. Replace it with a CWDT setup - there are lots you can use, but CWDT/immortal call/enfeeble/withering step is a good choice. Keep CWDT at level 1 and level the others accordingly (1/3/5/8 i think).

- Get antifreeze and anti-bleed flasks. You don't need 2 mana flasks. You won't even need 1 eventually. Replace one with something like quicksilver/diamond flask. Jade for evasion, etc.

- Make sure you're resistance capped and prioritise life/ES on any gear upgrades - dps doesn't matter if you're dead.

Think that should be enough to be getting on with for now. Feel free to come back with any questions.
"
Parhelius wrote:

Alright. With respect, did you read the " BIG 3.8 Updates *I'd read this first*" section at the start of the guide? I ask because your gem links aren't correct for the build.

yea i am focused on the skill-tree from this section. I hope this is still correct.
about gem... at the start, I did not quite understand what I needed, I left only what I liked visual.
---
tnx for tips. i will try to do as you advised. especially with an ice spear mine.
Hi, is it possibly too expensive to put 3 blue and 3 green sockets in a "Lorewave"? Or are there maybe other color Options for "Ice Spear"?

Your best bet is to use the crafting bench and use the 1 Green socket craft. On average it should take around 90 crafts and 360 chromes. Its not that expensive but can of course cost more if you're unlucky.
How does this build hold up in blighted maps?
Last edited by Townerr on Oct 23, 2019, 5:18:59 PM
" If you can afford it, buy arcane surge from Nessa and link it with Flame dash, DON'T LEVEL arcane surge past lvl 3."

However, when I went to buy it, it was already lvl 5. I'm using it at 5 and checking back for a lower one all the time. :(
Also, it looks like a recent update has changed the skill tree. Act I skill tree last two nodes are no longer valid. What's the new suggestion? For now, I'm moving upwards in the Act II skill tree progression.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info