[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Xiaobear6 wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:

There's another suffix, % crit multi when rare or unique enemy is nearby. Probably better than any of the other options.

Good suggestion, I didn't know about that suffix.

However, I tried it out in POB and it's still below double damage and mine laying speed in terms of dps. The crit multi gets you about 5% more dps, compared to 7% for those other two.

I finished crafting my daggers. I think this is the best combination of mods for the highest damage dagger, without mine laying speed. Wands can get higher damage due to better inherent mod, but I wanted to use whirling blades for movement.

How does whirling work for you? Dont you need very high attack speed for that?
Thanks for this guide! Its my first char and i love it :)

Found a small mistake in the End Game Trees:

Should be the left way and not the right?
Last edited by DerKiLLaX on Jan 21, 2019, 8:09:49 AM
I sould you respect for more crit multi instead crit chance - because of high crit chance at this level
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:

There's another suffix, % crit multi when rare or unique enemy is nearby. Probably better than any of the other options.

Good suggestion, I didn't know about that suffix.

However, I tried it out in POB and it's still below double damage and mine laying speed in terms of dps. The crit multi gets you about 5% more dps, compared to 7% for those other two.

I finished crafting my daggers. I think this is the best combination of mods for the highest damage dagger, without mine laying speed. Wands can get higher damage due to better inherent mod, but I wanted to use whirling blades for movement.

Make sure you correctly PoB-ed the two stats. Not sure if it was updated, but when I last checked, the "Crit multiplier when rare/unique is nearby" doesn't get counted into your damage. For the correct comparison, you can edit the item and add an extra 30% crit multiplier to the other crit multiplier, so it would have something like 60%.

"
Egremonth wrote:

Hi, I just adapted my build to this one and I really do not understand how to use it at all. Starting with the gems, in the comments I see how everyone is naming gems and combinations that are not in the main section, could you tell me which ones to use? I have the armor with 6l. For example in the pastebin is summon stone golem and in the guide does not name it. I'm really lost, I'd appreciate it if you could help me. And if it's not too much trouble, how do you make the maps? In what order do you use the skills? for now I use lightning spire trap, then detonate mines with spell totem support and then spam arc.

There are quite a few things not mentioned in the guide which you could/should adapt to your liking.
For example, I'm not using the detonate mine totem setup, but I use Bear Trap + Vaal RF + Inc Duration for extra damage against bosses. I also don't use Phase run in my CWDT setup. I rather case it manually for the extra movespeed.

Most important, Lightning Spire trap should not to be linked with Remote Mine gem, so you should be putting it in the gloves or boots. This is so you can throw it as a trap. Arc should be your 6L and should be in the body armor. (Unless you have a crazy helmet and want to use Kaom's Heart)
- My general mapping is just Arc mine -> Detonate mines with D. Everything pretty much dies in one hit, rares sometimes take 2 waves. I don't use any other skills for damaging monsters (I use phase run + flame dash for mobility)
- Against bosses or Syndicate members, I throw a bear trap, 0-3 lightning spire traps, activate Vaal RF, then spam Arc mines -> Detonate mines. If it's a map boss, Vaal RF + arc mines -> detonate mines is plenty.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Jan 21, 2019, 11:45:57 AM
Fun build for my first character using mines. Unfortunately, he bit the dust in HC in the Waste Pool map (something I did not see exploded on top of me for a one shot). Map clearing was pretty good, but I had quite some trouble taking down bosses. Felt like I was hitting with a wet noodle, so I started avoiding them. I don't think I am a fan of lightning spire, really. Seems hard to make good use out of when the boss moves around and aiming them right when trying to dodge stuff. Well... off to my next toon, I suppose.
"
kescho wrote:
I sould you respect for more crit multi instead crit chance - because of high crit chance at this level

Okay, thanks :)

Another Question:
Gem Setup
Spire Trap:

In the picture u use:
Trap and Mine Damage - Lightning Penetration - Added Lightning - Elemental Focus - Advanced Traps

In the text u write:
Trap and Mine Damage - Lightning Penetration - Added Lightning - Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Strikes

What is recommended?

Same with Arc
In the picture u use:
Arc - Minefield - Increased Critical Strikes - Trap and Mine Damage

In the text u write:
Arc - Minefield - Increased Critical Strikes - (Controlled Destruction / Added Lightning)

What is better?
"
DerKiLLaX wrote:
"
kescho wrote:

Okay, thanks :)

Another Question:
Gem Setup
Spire Trap:

In the picture u use:
Trap and Mine Damage - Lightning Penetration - Added Lightning - Elemental Focus - Advanced Traps

In the text u write:
Trap and Mine Damage - Lightning Penetration - Added Lightning - Controlled Destruction - Increased Critical Strikes

What is recommended?

Same with Arc
In the picture u use:
Arc - Minefield - Increased Critical Strikes - Trap and Mine Damage

In the text u write:
Arc - Minefield - Increased Critical Strikes - (Controlled Destruction / Added Lightning)

What is better?

I would also like to know this. I ended up buying a 6l with 4 blue and 2 green cause of the picture but now I see the text is different. Gonna cost hundreds of chrome to roll 5 blues.

Also how do you get the auto detonate to work? I have to manually dedicate I tried the setup on the guide and it doesn't work. I even tried it in a poet's pen no luck.
So I got to the murder of the Uber Elder. Tell me what I need to replace to kill him?
"
Gonna cost hundreds of chrome to roll 5 blues.

Average ~ 60 (Vorici Chromatic Calculator)

"
Also how do you get the auto detonate to work? I have to manually dedicate I tried the setup on the guide and it doesn't work. I even tried it in a poet's pen no luck.

U can use a totem to detonate.
"
Th3LoRD wrote:

There are quite a few things not mentioned in the guide which you could/should adapt to your liking.
For example, I'm not using the detonate mine totem setup, but I use Bear Trap + Vaal RF + Inc Duration for extra damage against bosses. I also don't use Phase run in my CWDT setup. I rather case it manually for the extra movespeed.

Most important, Lightning Spire trap should not to be linked with Remote Mine gem, so you should be putting it in the gloves or boots. This is so you can throw it as a trap. Arc should be your 6L and should be in the body armor. (Unless you have a crazy helmet and want to use Kaom's Heart)
- My general mapping is just Arc mine -> Detonate mines with D. Everything pretty much dies in one hit, rares sometimes take 2 waves. I don't use any other skills for damaging monsters (I use phase run + flame dash for mobility)

Against bosses or Syndicate members, I throw a bear trap, 0-3 lightning spire traps, activate Vaal RF, then spam Arc mines -> Detonate mines.

If it's a map boss, Vaal RF + arc mines -> detonate mines is plenty

I've just started with this as I felt my LST was not doing enough damage(in game tooltip 65+K) against bosses/syndicate members.
What's your in game/pob tooltip damage?
Can you share your pob if u have one?
Also what's your playstyle against bosses with those skills?
Does the Vaal RF work diff from RF in regards to the life degen?

TIA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info