[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Spoiler

At level 90 I only have 20k tooltip in game but Ive followed another guide earlier so I reckon Ill change some things in my tree.

I loved having a added cold to spells wand as it made me shatter things all day err day while mapping. If I were to have like 3 abyss jewels with added cold to spells wpuld that cause me to shatter enemies while mapping? It would be nice to shatter without sacrificing a ring slot, gem slot or a affix on my wand. [/quote]

I am having the exact same issue. No idea what i am doing wrong since i hit most nodes on the tree. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Pred8oar on Dec 28, 2018, 10:22:07 PM
"
Pred8oar wrote:

Spoiler

At level 90 I only have 20k tooltip in game but Ive followed another guide earlier so I reckon Ill change some things in my tree.

I loved having a added cold to spells wand as it made me shatter things all day err day while mapping. If I were to have like 3 abyss jewels with added cold to spells wpuld that cause me to shatter enemies while mapping? It would be nice to shatter without sacrificing a ring slot, gem slot or a affix on my wand.

I am having the exact same issue. No idea what i am doing wrong since i hit most nodes on the tree. Any advice is appreciated.

[/quote]

On several last pages the same advice is given - drop Minefield (use Controlled Destruction), drop Added Cold (Use Trap and Mine damage). Well if you want to shatter - you can sacrifice some damage and continue with Added Cold, though I don't feel that's necessary. And also - buy lvl21 Arc, that's a big DPS increase. Lvl 21 arc chains 8 times compared to 7 times of lvl 20. And because its description states "15% more damage for each remaining chain" - lvl21 arc is 15% more DPS.
I understand early when your crit chance is low anyway, but why past level 70ish should we use controlled destruction with its halving of crit chance? The more modifier is great but it seems like crit chance reduction is a killer.
If you dont want to use controlled destruction use elemental focus instead. Its actually a bigger dps increase.
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
I understand early when your crit chance is low anyway, but why past level 70ish should we use controlled destruction with its halving of crit chance? The more modifier is great but it seems like crit chance reduction is a killer.

It's not halving our crit chance. 100% reduced is opposite of 100% increased, so it's additive with all other increases you have. That means for example that single 100% increased critical chance for spells mod on wand completely negates controlled destruction drawback.
But the opposite is also true, controlled destruction totally negates that 100% increase in crit chance for spells on the wand. It isn’t as bad as I thought , simply because I was thinking of it as a secondary calculation (all your chances added up and then reduced by 100%) but if it is calculated just as a negative more multiplier than it isn’t nearly as bad. That having been said, other gems have to be better for this build. There are arc mine builds that go all our for maximum average damage with no attempt to increase critical chance that it would work fine on and while we aren’t a reave gladiator we still spend a lot of points and mods on critical chance.
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
But the opposite is also true, controlled destruction totally negates that 100% increase in crit chance for spells on the wand. It isn’t as bad as I thought , simply because I was thinking of it as a secondary calculation (all your chances added up and then reduced by 100%) but if it is calculated just as a negative more multiplier than it isn’t nearly as bad. That having been said, other gems have to be better for this build. There are arc mine builds that go all our for maximum average damage with no attempt to increase critical chance that it would work fine on and while we aren’t a reave gladiator we still spend a lot of points and mods on critical chance.

The only other gem that comes to mind is Elemental Focus, which indeed gives more DPS, but you cannot shock. In any case, any of these gems would be better than having Minefield.
"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:

Instead of speculating, POB it and see how much crit you have. Don't forget, we use diamond flask, so 55% crit is like 90% crit.
"
Garash wrote:
Im using the following links

Spoiler

I loved having a added cold to spells wand as it made me shatter things all day err day while mapping. If I were to have like 3 abyss jewels with added cold to spells wpuld that cause me to shatter enemies while mapping? It would be nice to shatter without sacrificing a ring slot, gem slot or a affix on my wand.

Yes you will shatter most things with a wand but when the monsters hp gets higher and higher you won't be shattering everything.
"
Pred8oar wrote:

Spoiler

[/quote]

You are probably not shattering deep in delves. If you really want to shatter everything I suggest you switch to a

this will gaurentee you explode the entire screen ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info