[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Hi all.

. I am currently sitting on 82,3k tooltip dps with arc(added lightning shows as giving more dmg for me than penetration). PoB avg hit is 232k.

1. Should I use lightning penetration even if PoB shows it as a dps loss? (It only goes from 232k to 229k)

2. What can we use in helmet instead of lightning trap? Any QoL ideas? It does not really do any impact for me.

3. What items should I priorities to upgrade next? I am abit squishy but get by fine. I would be more interested in higher damage if there is any worthwile upgrades.

Gear:
Spoiler

Hey,

At the moment i am using this build.
Currently level 55. My problem is, i have low mana and they kill me pretty quick. I have all the resistance capped, what is best to change on my gear?
This is my gear currently:

Last edited by Jst_1994 on Dec 27, 2018, 6:02:02 PM
"
KARNFE wrote:
Hi all.

. I am currently sitting on 82,3k tooltip dps with arc(added lightning shows as giving more dmg for me than penetration). PoB avg hit is 232k.

1. Should I use lightning penetration even if PoB shows it as a dps loss? (It only goes from 232k to 229k)

2. What can we use in helmet instead of lightning trap? Any QoL ideas? It does not really do any impact for me.

3. What items should I priorities to upgrade next? I am abit squishy but get by fine. I would be more interested in higher damage if there is any worthwile upgrades.

Gear:
Spoiler

Are you configuring the enemy as boss with 40% resist? Lightning Penetration works best against end game enemies with resist, and should provide a much bigger damage increase over anything else.

Having said that, I do believe replacing added cold damage with traps and mines damage, increased critical strikes with elemental focus provides a whopping +46% average damage per hit!

I understand added cold damage helps to slow/shatter things and make mapping safer, but this build already kills entire screen of end game maps with one pack of mines. Two MORE modifiers combined for over 90% MORE is too much to pass up no?
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 27, 2018, 6:57:32 PM
"
Jst_1994 wrote:
Hey,

Currently level 55. My problem is, i have low mana and they kill me pretty quick. I have all the resistance capped, what is best to change on my gear?

WOAH WOAH WOAH, have you read what the wand you're using does? "Critical strikes deal no damage". And you're using an increased critical strikes gem, meaning half the time you're dealing no damage at all. Replace that unique wand ASAP.

You have low mana probably because you're using a 6L too early which is causing you to run out of mana all the time. I don't think you need the damage, so you should drop 1-2 gems until you stop 1shotting white mobs.

I got all the way to like lvl 80 with a 4link lightning spire setup in a white body armor + a 3link arc on a +2 level of lightning gems wand. (SSF)
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Dec 27, 2018, 7:33:00 PM
Still loving your build in SSF. Got to t9-10 maps, everything still melts. Even switched to IIR gem, IIQ shield, Andvarius, Aurseize & Perandus Blazon for MFing myself some uniques.

Some questions:
- I noticed you're not using 20 quality arc. Is the extra 10% chance to shock not worth it?
- I noticed you're using a different flask setup in your video. You change it up depending on situation? Would be nice if you had some additional endgame item progression.
- You're using abyss jewels, I presume for the +flat life. Wouldn't a %life regular jewel be better?
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Dec 27, 2018, 7:45:02 PM
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
Still loving your build in SSF. Got to t9-10 maps, everything still melts. Even switched to IIR gem, IIQ shield, Andvarius, Aurseize & Perandus Blazon for MFing myself some uniques.

Some questions:
- I noticed you're not using 20 quality arc. Is the extra 10% chance to shock not worth it?
- I noticed you're using a different flask setup in your video. You change it up depending on situation? Would be nice if you had some additional endgame item progression.
- You're using abyss jewels, I presume for the +flat life. Wouldn't a %life regular jewel be better?

1. quality is your last priority when it comes to the arc skill gem.

2. My Flask setup right now is what I use For uber elder

3. Flat dmg and penetration From abyss jewels are better
Would it be good for us to use a golem - I'm not reading where we do.. and which one do we use if we do?
"
Stormzerker wrote:
Would it be good for us to use a golem - I'm not reading where we do.. and which one do we use if we do?

It says use stone golem somewhere. I assume for the health regen.

But any golem is good option depending on what you need it for. Just POB which gives you the most damage if you want damage. Just don't use lightning golem, since attack/cast speed isn't helpful.
Im using the following links

Spoiler

At level 90 I only have 20k tooltip in game but Ive followed another guide earlier so I reckon Ill change some things in my tree.

I loved having a added cold to spells wand as it made me shatter things all day err day while mapping. If I were to have like 3 abyss jewels with added cold to spells wpuld that cause me to shatter enemies while mapping? It would be nice to shatter without sacrificing a ring slot, gem slot or a affix on my wand.
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
Jst_1994 wrote:
Hey,

WOAH WOAH WOAH, have you read what the wand you're using does? "Critical strikes deal no damage". And you're using an increased critical strikes gem, meaning half the time you're dealing no damage at all. Replace that unique wand ASAP.

You have low mana probably because you're using a 6L too early which is causing you to run out of mana all the time. I don't think you need the damage, so you should drop 1-2 gems until you stop 1shotting white mobs.

I got all the way to like lvl 80 with a 4link lightning spire setup in a white body armor + a 3link arc on a +2 level of lightning gems wand. (SSF)

Thankyou for the info!!
Will look into that :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info