[3.4] Endless Yin/Yang Jugg Molten Strike — Super Balanced

This is my Jugg Molten Strike build.
There are many like it.
But this one is mine.
— Ash the Fireborn

Inspired by Kurt Russell's character in the 1998 movie Soldier. See video under Bandits section.

[3.5 Update]
Spoiler

After trying out this in 3.5 (Betrayal), it's obvious the LGoH nerf (from the reduction to the number of Molten Strike balls) was significant. Sure there’s the buff to damage, but with less Molten Strike balls, it’s harder to stay alive against end-game bosses. Disappointed, I happened upon the early video from Mathil on Tectonic Slam and I made an immediate pivot!

Please checkout my new Endless Tectonic Inferno Jugg for 3.5!!

I may be under-selling the POWER of this build.

→ It *literally* walks thru Uber Labs, without needing any flasks.
→ It makes light of T12 & T3 map bosses.
→ I just haven't had time to really test its upper limits yet (edit: Minotaur's falling rocks did finally do me in).

This is actually a mash-up of several other Molten Strike builds, with a of my own changes mixed in. I'll leave the deeper explanations of the Molten Strike build to others, but I would like to call out a couple that really helped me. Props to:
Hybrid's build
GornoDD's build

Also, for a good explanation of Jugg Molten Strike builds, check out this doc

Overview
The main goal of this build is to provide FUN build that's easy to play, inexpensive, with as few downsides as possible. Keys to its success:
• Relies on just 2 relatively inexpensive uniques, Grelwood Shank and Soul Taker
• Endless mana
• Simple to play — hold down the right mouse button
• Not reliant on flasks
• Self-sustaining while killing
• High DPS — burns down almost all bosses quickly
• Good life — as long as your hitting, you remain alive
• Easily scales up with more investment
• At level 88, spikes to 160K damage
• Excellent phys reduction when standing still, 74% phys reduction

So what are the downsides? Not many:
• Not the highest DPS, but not bad either — only ranged bosses that blink around the screen can cause trouble
• Can't do maps with elemental Reflect
• Can't do maps with no life leech

Keys to Success:
• The Elemental Overlord Passive Keystone gives us 40% more DPS when you crit in the last 8 seconds
• The Juggernaut Ascendancy gives us a lot of extra DPS, and the ability to avoid being stunned, frozen, or slowed due to Temporal Chains
• The Soul Taker unique allows us to reserve all of our mana for HoA, Anger and Arctic Armour
• The Grelwood Shank unique gives us 2 extra projectiles, Point Blank and Iron Reflexes
• Not much to click — reliance on 3 CwDT triggers!
• No dependence on flasks

Bandits
I'm gonna kill them all, sir!
-- Kurt Russell (Soldier)

Video — Best scene ever!

Passive Tree
Spoiler

Ascendancy
Leveraging the tankiness, high damage and increased attack speed of the Jugg:
Spoiler

1. Undeniable — gives us damage, accuracy and attack speed
2. Unstoppable — Never slowed, never frozen, always moving
3. Unbreakable — Lots of defense
4. Unflinching — Endurance charges for phys reduction

Gear
Spoiler

Weapons:
These are required
Main Hand
GrelWood Shank. This gives us a lot of phys damage, attack speed, and gives us Point Blank and Iron Reflexes (when standing still).

Off Hand
Soul Taker. This gives us attack speed, damage and allows us to never worry about mana

Armour:
Six-Link with Life

Best in Class would be Loreweave

Rare Boots:
Life + Resists + Movement Speed

Belt:
Life + Resists + Fire Damage

An alternate is Meginord's Girdle

Rare Gloves:
Life + Resists + Phys Damage + Life Leech

Helm:

Rare Rings and Amulet:

Gem Links
Spoiler

Molten Strike
Molten Strike
Multistrike
Elemental Damage with Attacks
Fire Penetration
Elemental Focus
Increased Area of Effect / Concentrated Effect

Movement (weapon)
Leap Slam
Fortify
Faster Attacks

Auras (weapon)
Herald of Ash
Anger
Artic Armour

CWDT — Life Leech
CwDT
Firestorm
Life Leech
Increased Duration

CWDT — Immortal Call
CwDT
Immortal Call
Blood Rage
Increased Duration

CWDT — Warlord's Mark / Ice Golem
CwDT
Warlord's Mark
Ice Golem
Increased Duration

Crucial Jewels
Spoiler

WildFire

Watcher's Eye
This is an example where extra investment can pay off with much higher DPS. It is not required for this build.

ign: Edwurd_of_Steel
Last edited by GamingDaemon on Dec 29, 2018, 6:15:05 PM
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2018, 9:28:49 PM
Hey, thanks for the build, your take on MS Jugg seems very interesting. I just wanted to ask, what makes your build different from Hybrid's and GornoDD's build ? More damage because of soul taker at the expense of survivability? I see you are also not recommending xoph's blood and we are not taking Avatar of Fire. Isn't this a big damage loss ?
thx for the guide, wanted to check out some others after seeing hybrids and i like what i see

Spoiler
little error, u meant to say blood rage i think in gem links
"
widmox wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build, your take on MS Jugg seems very interesting. I just wanted to ask, what makes your build different from Hybrid's and GornoDD's build ? More damage because of soul taker at the expense of survivability? I see you are also not recommending xoph's blood and we are not taking Avatar of Fire. Isn't this a big damage loss ?

1. The additional damage of Soul Taker, plus the ability to not worry about mana, which gives us Anger, HoA and Arctic Armour, combines to make a more balanced and durable Molten Strike Jugg. The 2 Grelwood Shanks deliver more MS balls, which makes Hybrid's DPS higher, but less durable IMO.

2. I didn't recommend Xoph's Blood amulet only because I am trying promote this build as a basic, inexpensive build. But if you have the currency, go for it!!

3. And finally, taking Avatar of Fire is something I would consider after getting more life. Yes, it will help with DPS, but I honestly haven't had trouble killing anything until I hit the Minotaur. But life first, then that passive keystone. Good call!
Last edited by GamingDaemon on Nov 20, 2018, 9:28:31 PM
"
Rufnet wrote:
thx for the guide, wanted to check out some others after seeing hybrids and i like what i see

Spoiler
little error, u meant to say blood rage i think in gem links

Fixed! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info