{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

"
Hercanic wrote:
@ PatBateman12:
"
PatBateman12 wrote:
does the main hand weapon matter at all? are there any good uniques forthis build?

this build is a ton of fun and the guide is excellent! great work!

Thanks!

At first, the main hand weapon doesn't matter. Eventually you want some variation of +1 Maim/Added Fire Shaper claw to level-stack on the Agony Crawler and Zombies.

The Scourge offers good damage, but you'll lose almost as much on your Crawler/Zombies in exchange for shifting it over to your Skeletons. If you can't get ahold of a Shaper claw, though, then it's a great alternative.

Hey! Btw I was able to load passive tree on Microsoft edge. Must be a prob with my Chrome. But I am wondering now..
What craft do you recommend for boots?
Why is the accuracy on gloves good? If we have gloves with poison to socketed gems, do we still need phys or chaos dmg added to spells?
I see you recommend the extra curse on amulet. I assume to use 2 rings that apply curses. Would you not use holy relic in that case?
Also, you had asked where I had seen the build or something since I couldn't find the Overview.. I just had the leveling section open and followed that at the beginning. :)
Last edited by Viktorious1 on Dec 13, 2018, 6:58:41 PM
Hope I didn't miss this anywhere, but what is best for extra glove affixes beyond poison/chance to bleed? I've got faster projectiles on mine, but I wasn't sure if additional accuracy or slower projectiles would be better. Faster projectiles gives my ball lightning a longer hit cone (which means farther application of projectile weakness), but I get less hits per ball per enemy because they're moving so fast. My herald stacks are pretty much pinned to 40 regardless, but do you think the shorter hit cone of slower projectiles would be better if we are only using this to proc poison stacks for the crawler?
Last edited by zackforbing on Dec 13, 2018, 1:24:09 PM
"
Hercanic wrote:
The answer was no. =o(

GoogleDoc has no limit, but links take extra clicks, no spoilers to section off and condense long walls of text, and no item linking. So I'm not too keen on that route, as it'd demand an entirely different formatting approach.

Pairing it down is tricky. The more concise I am, the more repeated questions I get. =o\

Another idea is creating a totally separate thread for the leveling guide itself. That'd be nice to organize the responses. People asking leveling questions would have all their questions in the leveling thread, and all regular build questions would be here, making a read through of the comments more targeted and thus more relevant to the reader. However, what other builds take up two entire threads? I think it might be presumptuous of me to do something like that. After all, imagine if every build did it; the most popular builds would hog even more of the first page and crowd out everyone else.

I could also remake the thread, reserve the full first page of the new thread, and edit out the build here with a big link to the new one. I just might have to do this some day, but it'd be best to do it when I have no choice so I know exactly how much space I need to reserve.

Another idea is to just put the leveling guide anywhere in the comment section, maybe reserve out a whole page, and provide links to the specific posts on the front page of the thread. This would give me limitless expansion possibilities, but it's admittedly an ugly solution.

My final idea is to cannibalize yet another post, my first reply to the first comment. This would push the Feedback section back behind another player's comment. It's a pretty nice comment, though, like when movie trailers quote critics, but it is fundamentally a break in the post flow. I think it'll be tolerable, though? I am leaning toward this idea right now.

When you've put as much as effort as you do into the content I think it starts to matter a lot less. Personally, I think quality content that doesn't need to be shortened artificially can be of benefit to everyone (even if it's just to encourage other people to do the same). Like you said though maybe that's not what you want. Up to you really :)

"
ColeonePS wrote:
Is there a easier way to ressurect your frost spectres without having to go back to the bridge area? Its a pain in the ass to specifically target them when there is dead ribbons everywhere.

You mean when they die? You can resummon them anywhere with Desecrate after the first summon.
Last edited by Alerean on Dec 13, 2018, 2:58:52 PM

"
ColeonePS wrote:
Is there a easier way to ressurect your frost spectres without having to go back to the bridge area? Its a pain in the ass to specifically target them when there is dead ribbons everywhere.

You mean when they die? You can resummon them anywhere with Desecrate after the first summon.[/quote]

Thanks very much. No Idea I could do this. Been going back everytime to resummon them from bridge.
"
ColeonePS wrote:

"
ColeonePS wrote:

You mean when they die? You can resummon them anywhere with Desecrate after the first summon.

Thanks very much. No Idea I could do this. Been going back everytime to resummon them from bridge.[/quote]

You need to use the Desecrate method also because it will net you higher level spectres based on Desecrate's level and the zone level.
"
Viktorious1 wrote:
You need to use the Desecrate method also because it will net you higher level spectres based on Desecrate's level and the zone level.

Yes indeed. Making sure my Spectres are max lvl is something I was really lazy about in the early days; I know better now haha!

Somewhat related to this is I've been trying to figure out my optimal setup so I have all my buff/non-active skills out of the way (we have so damn many). Ideally I think I'd want to put them into my alternate weapon, but I don't have duplicate high level gems (Zombies). How are you guys managing this stuff? Dying is a bit of a pita if only for this micro-management of heralds/relic/minion summoning.
Last edited by Alerean on Dec 13, 2018, 4:56:04 PM
"
Hercanic wrote:
@ Chadocan:
"
Chadocan wrote:
Hi !
thanks for the guide, just one quick question, how do you get the 3 Spectres ? I only have 2...
Answered on page 18:
"
Hercanic wrote:
1 as default
1 from Passive Tree notable "Death Attunement" (@ top by Minion Instability keystone)
1 from fossil-crafted boots, but these aren't necessary. Two Spectres are plenty.

Third time's the charm, so looks like I need to make this clear somewhere more visible. Can you tell me whereabouts in the guide you found yourself confused? That'd help me know the best place to explain.

Well I found out later on, it's just that noob like me tend to be a little confused by the very unactractive aspect of this forum (let's be honest 1s, it sucks pretty hard) and we miss things. Maybe put a little explanation on what's the use of every minion, how many, things like that, at the beginnning I think. I don't know
Last edited by Chadocan on Dec 13, 2018, 5:51:19 PM
"
Hercanic wrote:

You can replace the leveling helmet by this point with a 100+ life rare helm.

3.5k life is what's doing you in. At 4.5k you'll be okay, 5.5k you'll be fine, and 6.5k you'll be good. You have to get your life up, and stay behind your minions until you do.

I can't promise anything about the Betrayal encounters, but all other content this build has not struggled with in the least. In other archetypes I've played, without huge investment, I had to worry about various map bosses, dangerous rare mod combinations, or absolutely couldn't run certain map mods (e.g. reflect), and dying was far more likely. This build has none of those problems. I'd just look for Temporal Chains or No Regen to see whether the map would be annoying or not.

It's not immortal, but it's tankier than many ranged builds. It's not the best at any particular thing, but it has few weaknesses (mainly lack of natural recovery like leech, which is why we get LGoH for Spells). There are no insurmountable walls. You have many tactical options. Sometimes you need to be aggressive, like against Minotaur so he doesn't burrow. Sometimes you need to hang back and let your minions clear the way forward, like if map mods and monster type intersect into a particularly deadly combination and you're 95% to the next level and don't want any risks. Sometimes you need to retreat and breadcrumb your Skeletons, like with Abathox or certain Acid Lake bosses. Sometimes you need to swap gems to maximize your defenses with Enfeeble and perma-Fortify on Charged Dash, like deep Delve outposts where Cavestalkers cloak and get a free hit on you, or Enhanced Vaal Fallen leap slam so fast it looks like a teleport. But I've never had to skip content in any map because it was too hard.

Compared to my other summoners, early on, around your level in fact, it can struggle with life, making it more vulnerable than my MoM summoners who'd also have 3.5k life, but with 1.5k mana for a total of 5k eHP, and would get to 5k/2k sooner than this build gets to 7k life. It's a growing pain, but it goes away with levels and steady but low investment. We need life and resists on gear, but that's literally all we need (aside from those Shaper/Elder affixes, I should say, but that's a want rather than a need). Other builds pay premiums for stacking crit, crit multi, added damage, and increased damage in addition to defenses.

Thank you for your response. I am playing around in PoB and having a hard time coming up with anything over 4.5k life even by respecing some dmg nodes for life nodes and leveling 90+ in lvl. Do I just need to farm and save up to afford better gear with life/resists on them? Just seems with my life at only 3600 at lvl 78 right now and making a few adjustments in gear and skill tree it is still pretty low. I just want to figure out where is my best options to get my life and survive ability up.
Have you socketed your abyss jewels? The flat life from those is pretty important!
"
zackforbing wrote:
Have you socketed your abyss jewels? The flat life from those is pretty important!

I have socketed two so far but they are not T1 jewels, T3 +40 to Maximum life, so they don't add much at all.
Last edited by krut0n on Dec 13, 2018, 7:36:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info