Latest statistics are in and the choice of ascendancy is quiet obvious ;)

People go with defense rather than offence.

Offensive builds are less appealing due to high mortality.

Which is kinda shame because PoE supposed to be diverse game? I know, I know GGG keeps experimenting and tweaking whats needed but hey...

Diablo announcement coming shortly, GGG better come out with something good for next year.

And ill be honest with you. I rather have GGG working hard on balancing every class rather than releasing new content, simple as.
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2018, 7:34:05 PM
Wanna share your statistics? Cause it seems like you are talking out of your ass.
Last edited by golan4840 on Oct 20, 2018, 3:33:14 PM
Um..... see what you want to see much?

The top spec in softcore is Elementalist, and by quite a large margin. Are you gonna sit there and try to tell me that Elementalist is a defensive focused ascendancy?

Jugg is #2, and that's diffinately a defensive focused ascendancy. But diversity means defensive focus should be up there.

Next we have Pathfinder, NEcromancer, Ascendant, and Heirophant. I don't think you could peg any of these as heavy defense or offense, but rather middle of the road options that offer both in good balance.

Then you have Deadeye which is about the most pure offensive ascendancy there is outside of maybe assassin. Then Guardian which is certainly defensive focused.

So it goes:

Offense
Defense
Balance
Balance
Balance
Balance
Offense
Defense

And your trying to twist that into a defensive focused meta? I admit, Delve has probably put a heavier focus on survivability then past leagues, but offensive oriented ascendancies are still seeing heavy play.

Now, all that is soft core, and hardcore is going to be tilted much heavier towards defensive ascendancies.... but that always has and always will be the case in an environment where you got permadeath. But even in hardcore, Elementalist is still showing #1 when you filter 90+.

How you can look at those stats and come to the conclusion that people refuse to play offensive oriented ascendancies seems ridiculous.

Wait, their statistics show that the most popular class is Elementalist which is full offense and the second most is juggernaut which is full defense so what's your point exactly?
"
Wait, their statistics show that the most popular class is Elementalist which is full offense and the second most is juggernaut which is full defense so what's your point exactly?

Well, not only is elementalist above juggernaut, but it's *WAY* above juggernaut. It's the biggest gap in % played of any 2 adjacent ascencancies. In most of the lists, there are nearly 1.5 elementalists playing for each juggernaut.

Also, thinking on it, I think I was being pretty generous in listing Necromancer as a 'Balanced' rather then offensive focused ascendancy.
Last edited by GoldDragon32 on Oct 20, 2018, 3:49:15 PM
"
panmisiek123 wrote:

Diablo announcement coming shortly, GGG better come out with something good for next year.

It won't be D4. I wouldn't expect D4 release before 2021. PoE stays king.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
i wouldn't expect anything related to d4 coming out until 2030. it is only 2018 afterall.
LOL DIABLO ANNOUNCEMENT?

WHAT ANNOUNCEMENT??? Did you not read their blog?

THERE IS NO ANNOUNCEMENT

HAHAHAHHAHA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
in terms of what it offers Jugg gives you more defense than practically anything else of course its popular, if you have any build that does good damage but lacks survivability if you slap it on a Jugg it pretty much fixes all its problems.

But really the best ascendancies are the ones that most benefit the best skills, elementalist is high because BV is high.

Would love to know how big an impact removing inpulsa would have though as i feel like thats more than partly responsible.
LOL elementalists are #1 which is a glass cannon build invariably. So much for that theory. Diablow sounds perfect for you no theory crafting needed.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info