Urging GGG to check my source code

Have you tried compiling yourself again?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
That update is fucking batshit. I love it.

"
I went to my wife's mother, she book really good, moral good woman, a cooker, the best one I ve seen. I ate so much of chicken with some fries, salad, and what not (bread as well, i m a f***king slaw), it was good. I was tired but good, I ate as much as I could, I spoke with them for 2 3 goos hours and we ve watched Juventus vs Genoa as well (PS Fk juve 1:1). After a sucessfull day at university, and good meeting, I finally came home at arround 9:00 PM CEST.

She book really good, moral good woman, the best I ve ever seen -- President Trump

That's a bit too coherent to be Trump.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
On a side note last day before leaving the league i told my friend in chat i was going to drop an exalt within the next hour -
10 min later it dropped and it's scary - somebody at GGG wanted to let me know my account and chat ( and SOURCE KOD ) was under investigation :^)

Scary. Literaly scary.

Correlation doesnt mean causation.
Update of 10/22/2018 it's happening

Jesus christ man, its unbelieavable (erwvev).

It was exactly at that f**cking moment man, 21:27 PM CEST as usually at that time my location is in Underground Sea, it is a beatiful nice spot located in Europe, Ukraine, Krim (Or RUssia should I say?), anyway full of dirt, carrying full party of XP Leechers, going fast man. But earlier today was good day as well, I went to the doctor, for eyes check, and bang, here i am wearing glasses man. So anyway 21:27 bang bang HHing in UG Sea, and BIG F BANG
TIMEWORN RELIQUARY KEY for the first time this league.

Instantly sold it, 6.3 exalted profit. I would never do it, I would never open that chest with the key cause I know I wouldnt find shit. Thats my luck.

Also map sustain going well, thank you GGG man, thank you for resetting me source code. I will keep updating (maybe).

But for now, farewell my friends, hunt well, flip much, care much.

Sincerely,

ImbafromNorth AKA Challenger League of legends player not low reflex poe geek.
"
Nubatron wrote:

I blame tv - they simplify (read fake) things so the viewer can understand and then said viewer thinks they have a better understanding when in reality...

But it really saddens me when gamers don't get basic computer terminology as the only reason I know any of it was gaming to begin with.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

I blame tv - they simplify (read fake) things so the viewer can understand and then said viewer thinks they have a better understanding when in reality...

But it really saddens me when gamers don't get basic computer terminology as the only reason I know any of it was gaming to begin with.

Ahh yes, the random snippet taken as an overall judgement of a person and their competency. (Edit: I can actually see this being quite ironic if you were referring to the OP. The irony would be quite funny.)

Please, expand upon where my joke about his "source code" and compiling went awry. I look forward to this...
Last edited by Nubatron on Oct 22, 2018, 5:00:36 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
This thread is testament to how some people simply can't accept random forces affecting their existence in even the most insignificant of ways.

Its a testament to how some people refuse to accept that programming random is extremely challenging the idea of people having a seed is hardly novel nor would it be particularly surprising if it turned out to be true. Hundreds of games deal with random this way.

This is for example why if you save scum on Xcom and take the same actions the AI will take exactly the same responses, the same shots will miss, the same shots will hit and it all evens out the same even though the illusion is present that its random.

Do I believe it matters that much in the regular game? Nah I've played long enough to know that if you hammer it long enough eventually you break through though the unlucky will genuinely never have the time to actually balance out their bad luck in most circumstances.

I can believe it about the mine though because its creation is tied to your character yet it has a static layout, I don't know how far you have to travel before you get to areas considered "new" in terms of spawns for the buffed boss spawns etc but bleh.

The problem becomes that either your expected to put in an order of magnitude more time to achieve the same goal as others or GGG has genuinely set the spawn rates on certain elements so low that a reasonable number of people will never be able to interact with those elements under normal circumstances. Both of those suck ass put some bad luck protection in FFS it'd make almost no fucking difference in the game but would make getting shit on just a little bit more bearable.

Note I really doubt any of this applies to OP hes probably put in 2 hours and given up, but if hes put in 200 complaints fairly valid IMO.
Considering most of General Discussion threads are borderline illiterate, incoherent and wrought with logical errors -- this thread is one of the better ones. It's still bordering on unintelligible, but still great.

The updates just keep making it better and better.

And since this thread has basically proven that GGG has written personalized source code for all of us, I truly hope they don't check mine. Today has been great.

-Found two(!) Chayula breaches in the same map
-Found Aul. Dropped him on first try and he dropped this beauty:

Took 98 levels to do it though, so might not break out the wine.

-Found this beauty as well:

I gotta say, today was a good day. (And don't check my super personalized source code)

(Edit for anyone who can't see the over the top sarcasm which is being poured on like thick molasses, I'm 100% joking about my own personal source code)
Last edited by Nubatron on Oct 22, 2018, 7:13:21 PM
You people who think they have a source code for RNG crack me up lol.

Also this whole idea of a 'character seed'. I mean, just ell oh ell that some people actually think a good or bad luck number is assigned to their character upon creation.
Is there any proof to the claim that I read in another thread that with some of the wonkiness on rng (in this case map drops but applicable to all PoE rng) that there is a seed number generated when you create a new character and that seed number is then used in the rng formulas so the only way to get better map drops would be to roll a new character to get a new seed? I wouldn't be at all surprised if GGG is using the standard rnd() function in the C++ compiler they use and that is just a pseudo-random number generator at best. I'm not a mathematician so I don't know how good a pseudo-random number generator is verses a 100% completely random number generator but the latter probably takes too much calculation time to be able to be used (we all want 16.67ms frame time... 1000 /16.666667 = 60 fps). Grinding out each PoE frame in 16.666667 ms or less is difficult with all the speed running of zones/maps and mob pack density.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info