Urging GGG to check my source code

"
鬼殺し wrote:
No.

OK. But GGG must be using the C++ RND() function in their weighted/gated rng. That and all the other gating shenanigans (bullshit) is very frustrating in the endgame. Map starvation as a means to force us into more trading would be ok if and only if trading was an easy to use feature (and no, not with an AH, just a smart phone sellers app) and maps could be bought without needing to contact the seller. At least GGG should make map selling (among other currency trading) an AH type of action to make map running and Atlas completion much easier.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
This is so much more about player's misconceptions than about any form of code.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
Have you tried compiling yourself again?

I blame tv - they simplify (read fake) things so the viewer can understand and then said viewer thinks they have a better understanding when in reality...

But it really saddens me when gamers don't get basic computer terminology as the only reason I know any of it was gaming to begin with.

Ahh yes, the random snippet taken as an overall judgement of a person and their competency. (Edit: I can actually see this being quite ironic if you were referring to the OP. The irony would be quite funny.)

Please, expand upon where my joke about his "source code" and compiling went awry. I look forward to this...

No no, I thought you were on point -- when I think code, compiling automatically comes to mind like building and compiling a linux kernel or something.

I was referring to how people see "hackers" on tv and movies and fail to realize that's not reality and the "toys" they work with are just meant to move the plot.

I mean I get that the OP really meant he was concerned his dungeon/delve spawn/seeding had a problem, but to refer to it as source code.... oy.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

No no, I thought you were on point -- when I think code, compiling automatically comes to mind like building and compiling a linux kernel or something.

I was referring to how people see "hackers" on tv and movies and fail to realize that's not reality and the "toys" they work with are just meant to move the plot.

I mean I get that the OP really meant he was concerned his dungeon/delve spawn/seeding had a problem, but to refer to it as source code.... oy.

I thought that might be the case; that's why I added the edit. And now I drown in the irony of commenting on someone else's quick judgement, only to find I'm guilty of it.

The movie Hackers was very accurate, both about the technical aspects of hacking and the cultural elements of hackers. That's basically a big how-to on hacking the world. :) /sarcasm
Last edited by Nubatron on Oct 23, 2018, 6:43:07 AM
On the bright side I didn't read the reply till after the edit - but yeah given the nature of posts it doesn't surprise me for one to have that gut reaction so no worries.

But speaking of hackers, I remember for the longest time wanting to take a stencil and spraypaint my keyboard. But at least they did mention RISC when it was getting major attention, I still remember having a magazine talking about the first 500mhz cpu - how far we've come.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info