[3.5] The “afk in Delve encounter” max block HoA gladiator | poison on block/cwdt/shield charge

"
shahmat1972 wrote:
Can someone take a peek at my gear, I am trying to go from 500-600 Delve ( Made this build JUST for that reason ) and Im getting blown up, far far from afk :(

Nevermind, this build is garbage, 75 block, I put 40 ex into it in gear and sometimes it was great in Delv but past 500 you will randomly get BLOWN THE F Up. Not worth it to me.

I think at a certain point in delve any character is going to get blown up unless they have perma immunity to (physical) damage (which is what builds that push really deep into delves rely upon). Block is a solid defense mechanism but not foolproof, same thing with evasion, and armor has diminishing returns.

Hence why I started relying on endurance charges/immortal call to defend against big physical hits. But I have it on a CWDT setup, so there is always a small period of time where you'll take damage, and only then the immortal call is applied for 4-5 secs. After those 4-5 secs, you can take damage again, immortal call is applied again, et cetera.

If you want to be completely immune to physical damage you either have to self-cast IC every 5 secs (I'm too lazy to keep track of that though) or find a mechanism that allows you to proc a (high level) CWDT+IC setup. I haven't yet been able to figure out a reliable way to do that though. Maybe use multiple Doedre's Flasks?
"
Excellent, sounds good. Do you think you could post the recommended passive tree changes?

I think the lvl 70 passive skilltree under "leveling trees" does without the Red Nightmare. From that skilltree you could go on to finish picking up minion nodes in the templar area, and then go for more life nodes (scion wheel etc.).
hi Alphastar27

Do you think that unarmed attack, facebreaker will work with is build??

if yes how about Ancestral Warchief + Ancestral Protector?
From the Patch Notes,

Herald of Agony
The Agony Crawler summoned by this skill now deals increased Physical Damage per Virulence you have, rather than increased Damage.

This doesn't really change anything for a solo HoA build right? It will convert to chaos from your phys damage anyway?

I guess this change is to stop some kind of OP aura support flat damage crazyness.
Last edited by Shoraki on Dec 4, 2018, 8:27:10 PM
"
yingchin wrote:
hi Alphastar27

Do you think that unarmed attack, facebreaker will work with is build??

if yes how about Ancestral Warchief + Ancestral Protector?

I don't think so. This build doesn't rely on the damage you put out yourself, you only damage enemies to apply poison so your Agony Crawler is at max stacks quickly.

"
Shoraki wrote:
This doesn't really change anything for a solo HoA build right? It will convert to chaos from your phys damage anyway?

If I understand it correctly you are right. This is only a nerf to flat added elemental and chaos damage from items and jewels, which this build doesn't really use.

Overall 3.5 doesn't impact this build too much. I am mainly curious whether any of the new skills can be of value for this build, and whether there are any juicy veiled mods that have to do with blocking. I'll be testing stuff out in the coming weeks.
I have been trying this build and so far (just finished all acts) found it easy going.

A few questions though:

In regards to shield, are the reflect damage ones good at all?
e.g. Lycosidae or Thousand Teeth Temu

If using Gluttony belt. What nodes on the tree should be refunded or redirected?

Is there any point in leveling blade flurry? At the moment i have left it at lvl 4 as it costs no mana due to -5 reduced mana enchant.

Thanks
Its a fake. You dont have 83% block.
Fake. You cant have so much block with this tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info