[3.5] The “afk in Delve encounter” max block HoA gladiator | poison on block/cwdt/shield charge

Last edited by Alphastar27 on Oct 21, 2018, 5:40:33 PM
This is so suboptimal on so many levels : /

"
Alphastar27 wrote:
Got through T11 maps without any problems

A tabula with a bright beak can do that
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 27, 2018, 1:38:23 AM
"
This is so suboptimal on so many levels : /

Yes, if you want to be a meta slave this is not the build for you.

"
A tabula with a bright beak can do that

pretty sure it can't afk delve encounters.
Hi,

This build is not a meta build ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but really funnny for the delve league

recover #% of your maximum life when you block + gain an endurance/frenzy/power charge when you block is really insane for the delve, you just can not die

for the mapping, i prefer this build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039

for the delve, your build

(but you know, a build block is a build block w/e)

https://youtu.be/8oN0q4W6bmE - Tier 15 without pots/immortal call

more expensive shield but very strong : The Surrender Ezomythe Tower Shield

https://youtu.be/vrTcNOLtOMI- Delve 302 without pots/immortal call

sorry english are not my native language

Ty for the build
Last edited by Thiaga on Oct 31, 2018, 6:38:26 AM
You can switch from this delving build to a boss killing build without problems - you don't need to reskill.

For bossing you can just slap on a high armor shield like lioneyes and an attack skill which hasn't a problem to get the 40 stacks with. Blade flurry should do it, molten strike is better. I use cyclone, but it's not the best for shaper / uber elder because of no exact positioning.

I prefer cyclone for delving, since you can pass monsters with it while leeching additional to blocking.

As a weapon, a better craft like this ist good, too. It solves all mana problems (ignore all no regeneration / no leech) while giving ok attack speed.

I'm playing SSF, so this not optimal emergency craft - you can do better.
"
Thiaga wrote:

for the mapping, i prefer this build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039

for the delve, your build

Other block builds are probably just (slightly) better all around, can keep up virulence stacks more consistently. Honestly I just wanted to see how far I could push the usage of counter-attack skills (reckoning, vengeance, tempest shield) and block effects, and what I put together has definitely surpassed my expectations.

"

more expensive shield but very strong : The Surrender Ezomythe Tower Shield

It's a strong shield for block builds, but not sure if it's the right one here. Because of Gluttony belt we don't benefit from the high armor it provides. "Recover 250 life when you block" is stronger than "recover 5% of max life when you block" if you have less than 5,000 life; if you have more, the latter is stronger.

Still, if you can get your hands on one and it is cheaper than a shaper shield (some days they are like 5c, some days the cheapest one is 2 ex), you should definitely use it.

"
Llyrain wrote:
For bossing you can just slap on a high armor shield like lioneyes and an attack skill which hasn't a problem to get the 40 stacks with. Blade flurry should do it, molten strike is better. I use cyclone, but it's not the best for shaper / uber elder because of no exact positioning.

Yes, I'm using blade flurry in my setup. It's not fantastic, but it usually gets the job done.

Also good idea of using a double claw (with life and mana gain on hit). The reason I'm using an elder sword in my setup is because they can get the affix "25% chance to gain endurance charge on block/additional block chance per endurance charge" which makes endurance charge generation that much more reliable. (Keep in mind that with the Gluttony belt you wont have any armor, so any physical damage mitigation you can get by other means is welcome!)
what's the cost for this build? is a budget one viable? It looks very interesting
"
what's the cost for this build? is a budget one viable? It looks very interesting

Yes, you can definitely play it on a budget.

The most expensive item is a Red Nightmare jewel, which is currently 3 ex - but this is not a mandatory item, it's just nice to have (allows you to skip some block nodes on the skill tree). Windshriek boots are 60c, but again not mandatory, just nice to have. You can do perfectly well with rare boots with movespeed, life and/or resists.

Also the shaper shield's cost can vary a lot. Currently the cheapest one is 100c. But on a lucky day you can get one for around 5-10c.

The rest of the unique items you need (weapon, chest, amulet, belt) are all 1c max, and in the other slots you simply want rares with life and resists.
Last edited by Alphastar27 on Nov 7, 2018, 6:17:35 AM
Excellent, sounds good. Do you think you could post the recommended passive tree changes?
Can someone take a peek at my gear, I am trying to go from 500-600 Delve ( Made this build JUST for that reason ) and Im getting blown up, far far from afk :(

Nevermind, this build is garbage, 75 block, I put 40 ex into it in gear and sometimes it was great in Delv but past 500 you will randomly get BLOWN THE F Up. Not worth it to me.
Last edited by shahmat1972 on Nov 10, 2018, 10:39:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info