[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
Vatinas wrote:
Hello all!

I'm sorry for not answering a lot, I've been busy IRL these last few days. I'm very thankful for Pakito, everything he says is very insightful. (Thanks again for helping me Pakito!)

@BillyLeB

Supporting your golem with CwDT is a good idea indeed! I personally prefer self casting it, binding it to left click, but CwDT is a great choice too.

Concerning Memory Vault, I think it's a very underrated helmet! The flat armour you get from it will amount to a lot of physical damage reduction. if you found a way to use HoA + Discipline and have enough mana to cast Rain of Arrows, it's perfect! Good idea :)

Regarding Flame Dash, it's up to personal preference, and I'm very happy to see people follow their preferences and adapting the build to their playstyle! :D

Thanks for your answer :-)

About Memory Vault, yes it is complicated, I have to remove fast casting on flame dash because with it is cost 33 and I have 32 mana... Or I must put a lvl 4 Enlighten :-)
You can swap temp chains for culling strike on hard bosses since our auras are not doing much on those. I used it for uber elders and Aul, all the other bosses arent even worth the time to swap the gems..

Oh ye i forgot to mention that i killed Aul at 450 depth with this build at the very last day of the league that i found him..Granted i died more than i could count till i learned the fight but it was doable at the end..Got a nice anger amu as a reward for all those deaths..

Ill deffinately chime in for 3.5 for any changes that may happen from my scope..

As for a 5l incandescent heart its a nice stepping stone till you get that sexy 650+ es Vaal regalia with crafting. The -ele damage and the big armour are not to be underestimated.
So, with this change to HoA, maybe not a good idea anymore to use add fire/ physical to lightning with EE, right? How much does this change affect the build itself? I'm planning to start the league with this build, please help!
Edited
Last edited by felipesallum on Dec 4, 2018, 8:52:47 PM
So, I used this as a fast test before the new league, and the results were wonderful (got only to t14 maps before league end, but never felt needing anything and there was plenty of room for improvement)!

However, with 3.5 nerfing HoA (%dmg to %phys dmg) and QR(-40% dmg), I feel this build got double crapped on by the new league.

Unless someone can work their magic, this build probably lost its edge as a league start. I hope my noob comments are wrong though! Thanks for the build anyway, it is (was?) fun!
"
Rehv wrote:
So, I used this as a fast test before the new league, and the results were wonderful (got only to t14 maps before league end, but never felt needing anything and there was plenty of room for improvement)!

However, with 3.5 nerfing HoA (%dmg to %phys dmg) and QR(-40% dmg), I feel this build got double crapped on by the new league.

Unless someone can work their magic, this build probably lost its edge as a league start. I hope my noob comments are wrong though! Thanks for the build anyway, it is (was?) fun!

i dont know how big the HoA %dmg to %phys dmg change/nerf is, but the Quill Rain nerf effects just your and not HoAgony Dmg
"
Rehv wrote:

As mentioned by murksii, the Quill Rain nerf does not affect this build at all, since we do not deal any damage with it, we just apply poison. As for the other nerf (%phys damage instead of %damage), it will probably reduce the overall damage, but I think it will still be more than enough to clear all content: all the minion's damage is physical, and is then converted to chaos and added as extra fire, so the increase to physical damage still increases the chaos and fire damage because of the way conversion works. The "nerf" is that (if I understand this correctly) there is no more "double dipping", i.e. the increase to damage applies only to the pre-conversion damage (phys damage), and not both to the pre-conversion (phys) and the post-conversion (chaos/fire). If that's not clear, the wiki page of double dipping is probably clearer than I am :p

Edit: It turns out I was wrong about double dipping, so ignore the last part of the previous paragraph. Sorry!

tl;dr: The Crawler will have a bit less damage in 3.5, but it looks like the build will remain very strong.
Last edited by Vatinas on Dec 5, 2018, 11:59:06 AM
As others already pointed out, Quill rain does not affect crawler damage.

I played a bit with the new skill tree, we get more es and 10% less es recharge rate.
It used to be 304 flat es from tree and now its 364 meaning final es w/o gear is now 1671 up from 1395, so we got a buff on our total es.The essence surge Notable and the nodes leading to it give 30% less es recharge rate now and there are 10% es recharge rates added to various other notables that we already took (Faith and steel, Foresight) except one (Mental Rapidity) ergo the loss of 10%. But the buff on our flat es means that the actual recharge rate is 785 up from 684.

Herald of Agony hasnt been updated yet as a skill in PoeSkill Tree so i cant calculate the extent of the DPS nerf on it yet..PoB is still zzzz, hasnt even updated the tree yet.
6 link
add fire => maim ?
"
manifesto1 wrote:
6 link
add fire => maim ?

@ manifesto1

Not at all, "Added Fire damage" support gem is still as good as before, no need to switch to "Maim" support gem.

As mentionned by Vatinas (even though he was wrong on double dipping, it has never existed for the Herald of Agony Crawler), due to how conversion/added extra damage works, the change from increased damage to increased physical damage will only impact :
- Added Cold/Lightning/Chaos Damage Supports (we didn't use them, so no nerfs for us in this build)
- Wrath/Anger/Envy/Lightning Golem Wrath Auras (we didn't use them, so no nerfs for us in this build)
- Any other non-phys added flat damage (we didn't use them, so no nerfs for us in this build)
- Scaling secondary effects, such as Decay support gem (we didn't use it, so no nerfs for us in this build) and Profane Bloom (the only nerf for us in this build !)

Will the nerf be really impactful for Profane Bloom ?
I don't think so, I just would like to remind people that we still have more than 1 million DPS on trash mobs with 40 Virulence stacks, and thanks to "Projectile Weakness" curse, the Herald of Agony Crawler pierces every mob.
So I am pretty sure the Herald of Agony Crawler will still "one-shots" everything...

So be reassured guys, everything is still very fine for us. Not all builds can say the same (stat sticks builds, molten strike on hit builds, etc...)
Last edited by El_Pakito on Dec 5, 2018, 11:48:53 AM
"
TeosMaoMao wrote:
As others already pointed out, Quill rain does not affect crawler damage.

I played a bit with the new skill tree, we get more es and 10% less es recharge rate.
It used to be 304 flat es from tree and now its 364 meaning final es w/o gear is now 1671 up from 1395, so we got a buff on our total es.The essence surge Notable and the nodes leading to it give 30% less es recharge rate now and there are 10% es recharge rates added to various other notables that we already took (Faith and steel, Foresight) except one (Mental Rapidity) ergo the loss of 10%. But the buff on our flat es means that the actual recharge rate is 785 up from 684.

Herald of Agony hasnt been updated yet as a skill in PoeSkill Tree so i cant calculate the extent of the DPS nerf on it yet..PoB is still zzzz, hasnt even updated the tree yet.

Yeah, since Mental Rapidity isn't worth taking, the skill tree doesn't change. We lose 10% ES recharge rate, but nothing catastrophic. I'm waiting for PoB to have the updated gems too, I think we're supposed to get them tomorrow. We'll see!

@Pakito: Sorry about the dipping, I thought it was happening here. My bad! But yeah, since we stack pure physical damage, as Pakito said, I'm not worried for this build. Thanks for your correction <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info