[3.5] SSF DHC Agony Block Gladiator (Shaper down in 3.4)

Do you know how HOA is calculated?

It has +800% increased damage at 40 stacks - so getting another 200% from tree and items sound a bit not helping anything, it's like skilling increased melee damage % on a facebreaker build (no one does this).

Or is it calculated internal, so the minion% come multiplicative?

So scenario 1:
Base damage 3000, 800% pushes it to 24k. The 200% from tree to 30k - better invest in life, defence or aura% mana to get an additional aura here

Scenario2:
Base damage3000, 800% push it to 24k, 200% to 72k - makes much more sense to invest here.

Speed the same - 160% from the skill alone, another 40% from the tree isn't much, too.
Would The Scourage work well for it?
nice build following it right now in ssfhc, just wanted to ask in case it ever gets relevant for me, how are guardians for you ? just facetank them np with the life on hit or is mino/hydra scary for you ? maybe the chaos snakes on chim ? how is phoenix for you ? does the crawler just do alot of damage so theres np ? hm also are you killing elders ? out of question marks now ;) ty for the build
Last edited by vaxduk90 on Oct 20, 2018, 8:36:03 PM
"
Juntin816 wrote:
Would The Scourage work well for it?

I would not recommend to use The Scourge because it doesn't have Life Gain on Hit as implicit.
"
vaxduk90 wrote:
nice build following it right now in ssfhc, just wanted to ask in case it ever gets relevant for me, how are guardians for you ? just facetank them np with the life on hit or is mino/hydra scary for you ? maybe the chaos snakes on chim ? how is phoenix for you ? does the crawler just do alot of damage so theres np ? hm also are you killing elders ? out of question marks now ;) ty for the build

Glad you like the build :) I had no problems at all with any of the guardians. I just facetanked Minotaur, though if you do it with dmg mods be a bit more careful. Hydra was really easy as well, I just avoided most of her stuff while cycloning. Chimera I also just facetanked, I had decent chaos res though for the snakes, I'd recommend getting 30ish chaos res on 1 piece of gear, that plus the 20 from the tree is enough. For Phoenix I dropped Arctic Armor and used Purity of Fire, I just avoided his big blast. Didn't really have any problems with him. As long as you keep the stacks up, the crawler does tons of dmg. But getting a lvl 21 Herald of Agony helps a lot, so lvl extras to corrupt in your weapon swaps. But even with a lvl 20 one dmg should be enough.

I did red elder too, I pretty much just facetanked him, and made sure to kill his minions. I dropped Arctic Armor and used Purity of Ice instead. I'd recommend using Frost Wall to protect Shaper, it helps a lot in keeping him alive. As for his Guardians, they were all easy, I just facetanked all of them. The immune to Poison from the Pantheon is nice for the Constrictor fight.

Hope that answers your questions :)
I've been trying this out as my first SSF. Having lots of fun.

What do you think about:

a claw with: Minions deal (75%-80%) increased damage (Bound Fossil)
"
abdalazrd wrote:
I've been trying this out as my first SSF. Having lots of fun.

What do you think about:

a claw with: Minions deal (75%-80%) increased damage (Bound Fossil)

Glad you are having fun :) And yeah, a good fossil crafted Imperial Claw would be good. The ideal claw would be an Elder claw with Life gained on hit as implicit, high AS, Fossil crafted minion dmg, 20% chance to poison and Life gained on hit against blinded enemies (This is an Elder mod).
Thank you for sharing this build.
I play this one in Delve HC and have much fun :)
ATM, i don't found/craft the perfect gloves and must use Molten Strike instead Cyclone.....
But well, works really good !!
I just came back to POE after 2 years of abstinence.
One of the reasons I quit was because I became tired of all the trading and acquiring items too easy.
Now I will make a comeback in SSF and was just coming past this build here.
Sounds fun and I will leave feedback on my progression and how the build performs.
I'm playing a similar build with a twist: I am going more elemental for more damage, without giving up and defenses.

Start was trying to 5-link this for leveling
and got a 6 link with a few fuses.

so I had a virtual 7 link armor to do something with.
Having already added fire damage, a convert to lighing adds to it together with the elemental equilibrium node + a little bit of cold damage on a ring.

So normal monsters have -50% fire and lightning resistance, and even shaper is neutral here. It opens the possibility to craft a belt with -enemy resistances while under potion effect.

Good for delves with big monster hordes are shields with the "get % of life on block":

I have skilled more armor, despite having not much armor on equipment. I'm running a double granite for that, almost 20k armor additional to block during potion uptime, and a 50% crit damage reduction (girdle + skill).

Happy crafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info