[3.5] Alpha and Omega, Molten Strike Raider. League Starter and End Game Finisher

it takes a lot for me to write a build guide now-a-days. i used to do it all the time but now i only do it for builds i feel are really extremely powerful and just crazy.
this one i specifically think is so good because of how easy it is to get going and how powerful it can get very quickly. every league since harbinger i have used this as my league starter - granted usually as ngamahu's but beltimber blades just kicks it up to 11.

so ya i have no issue with doing my best to thoroughly answer questions or concerns because i stand by this build. its like customer service, and i believe in my product enough to take the time, ya know.
ok so according to PoB, if i spec'd into arrow dancing my projectile evade would be sitting at 93% without enfeeble or blind or moving, but with jade flask on. this is pretty huge.

so with arrow dancing melee evade goes down 20%, but even with that, when things are blinded, enfeebled, with flask up i still have 85% evade. im thinking this is a good trade off considering anything that is in melee range will be getting hit, healing us and killing them.

so right now vs projectiles without arrow dancing, if they are not in enfeeble range and thus not blinded either, my evade rate is only 66% chance with jade flask active.

this would seem to be a really good trade off. upwards of 30% more projectile evade but lose 10% melee evade. im going to spec into it for awhile and see if that helps any noticeable spike damage i take here and there.
Would added cold damage on a ring and Elemental Equilibrium be a damage increase, or do the orbs landing at different times screw that up?
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
nothing would make EE work if you have a xoph's blood, AKA avatar of fire.

if you don't have avatar of fire, then ee would work with cyclone but only if you had no base fire damage anywhere. it would also only work for 1 ball hitting the enemy, then you'd have to cyclone again to keep it up.

it would be a giant pain in the ass to try to bounce the damage around, and in general isn't worth it. this is why EE is garbage and will be until they rework it. even the elemental hit rework was keen on helping EE become viable, yet that version of elemental hit is easily the worst around. lol

so ya, EE just blows.
Okay, good to know, thanks.

I'm having issues with mana on single target extended fights, but I assume that will go away as my damage rises. Is that correct?
it definitely will.
if you do need more mana on single target tho you could use rallying cry, a jewel that gives +2 mana on hit, or just spec into another point or two in leech temporarily

i forgot to mention that is what i typically do when leveling up. in those leech nodes by duelist i'll get all the mana ones until i dunno, probably lvl 80-85
Man, I have wasted so much currency trying to roll a decent helmet...

I'm running a 6L Queen of the Forest until I get that helmet, with suboptimal sockets (3R/2B/1G).
it would be better to buy your own, or just roll a helmet with scorched/pristine and try to get conc/immo and -fire res.

you can get helmets like that for 1-3 exalts. i remember selling my own old a cpl weeks ago for at the time 1 exalt.

http://poe.trade/search/bomiatetuwoogu

if you try to buy one with conc/immo and 30% more ele dmg that is obviously much more expensive and they run from 7-100 exalts, to mirror service.

http://poe.trade/search/hukosimitoaheh

your best bet is to get a decent 6L and save currency to the better helm, or just run a conc/immo -fire res helm then save currency to get the better helm.

the non horror enchant helm can last you forever though, really. i ran it for a long time this league and other leagues its all i had too. in that period i got all of my other gear, including xoph's. then i got the better helm this league.

at that time the exact helmet you see in this thread cost me 7 exalts. they are much more expensive now that people have really picked up on molten strikes usefulness in delve.

if you want, i can give you this chest

i just chaos spammed it a bit to get something semi-decent, but this is the chest i got on day 2 of the league with the emperor of purity cards. it'll last until you can buy a good helmet. that or just run the QoTF until you can buy a good helmet. then save for the really good helmet, but even then i think you should get a xoph's before that.
Last edited by xMustard on Oct 12, 2018, 6:51:54 PM
possible to get a video to see the build in action?

Really interested in the build however would like to see it in action first :D

I just found that. Is it worth it to try an Orb of Annulment to put a life mod on it, or should I just be happy with what I have and add a resist mod (it has room for one, I checked)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info