[3.5] Scold Snap™ - a low-life league starter Cold Snap Occultist

"
zeroad12x wrote:

Replacing Empower lvl 3 with Swift Afflictions deals more damage. Only use Empower when it's lv 4.

Are you sure that Bonechill wouldn't be even better? Probably a bit less damage, but that drawback on Swift Affliction makes it look so damn unappealing to me.
Last edited by cha_siu_bao on Dec 13, 2018, 10:21:51 PM
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
zeroad12x wrote:

Replacing Empower lvl 3 with Swift Afflictions deals more damage. Only use Empower when it's lv 4.

Are you sure that Bonechill wouldn't be even better? Probably a bit less damage, but that drawback on Swift Affliction makes it look so damn unappealing to me.

I have Bonechill on Artic Breath, does that not apply the dot bonus to Cold Snap?
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
oregoncrete wrote:
Also, Pandemonius feels great on this build. The Scolds procs blind on everything!

Just FYI the Cold Penetration does not apply to damage over time. Blind is nice but it might be worth using the Blind gem or a Stibnite Flask instead of that amulet.

Actually it does work for cold dmg over time.
"
Socaro wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
oregoncrete wrote:
Also, Pandemonius feels great on this build. The Scolds procs blind on everything!

Just FYI the Cold Penetration does not apply to damage over time. Blind is nice but it might be worth using the Blind gem or a Stibnite Flask instead of that amulet.

Actually it does work for cold dmg over time.

Source?

I'm requesting a source because I also have the internet, and literally everything written about Path of Exile ever, on every website ever created for Path of Exile players to share information, disagrees with you.
Last edited by cha_siu_bao on Dec 14, 2018, 3:06:54 AM
"
oregoncrete wrote:
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
zeroad12x wrote:

I have Bonechill on Artic Breath, does that not apply the dot bonus to Cold Snap?

It absolutely does, so long as they remain in the Arctic Breath DoT field. I just really hate the idea of shortening my Cold Snap duration, and think it outweighs the damage gained from Swift Affliction.

If you really want all the damages no matter the opportunity cost (and don't have access to Empower 4), stick with Swift Affliction.

What do you think guys ?
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:

If you really want all the damages no matter the opportunity cost (and don't have access to Empower 4), stick with Swift Affliction.

Well I was thinking Empower 3, over Swift Affliction (I don't like the drawback either). And I don't need Bonechill on my Cold Snap since I have it on AB.

Side question, think it's worth going Vortex over AB as my Bonechill skill?
Last edited by oregoncrete on Dec 14, 2018, 11:59:33 AM
Another option is to use Spell Cascade (greatly speeds up mapping) and just swap on Conc Effect for scary bosses (Guardians or harder since everything else melts). More single target than Empower and Swift Affliction for single target and way better map clear.
IGN: Dmillz
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:

Source?

I'm requesting a source because I also have the internet, and literally everything written about Path of Exile ever, on every website ever created for Path of Exile players to share information, disagrees with you.

Path of building, im prety sure it was told or written somewhere too but i wont be looking for it. Also ppl using frost bomb and frostbite sould tell u that there might be something to it.

And about build, i had cold snap/vortex trickster but now, since i get some money, im lvling low life occ and imm wondering if +3 staff would be better than one hand and shield. U lose some ES but thats souldn't be that big of a deal.
Last edited by Socaro on Dec 14, 2018, 3:03:53 PM
"
Socaro wrote:
Also ppl using frost bomb and frostbite sould tell u that there might be something to it.

Penetration and -resist are two different things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info