Rue's 2000+ Balls deep Solo Delve build All Content Viable High DPS/Tanky/Fast

Hey Rue,

Quick question, and sorry if you have answered this already:

How do you get the stuff in delve in the side paths? I am finding this build needs the 5 seconds of wind up time that delving in the side paths just doesn't allow, and it doesn't work well for me for leeching/regening with the mobs hitting me?

I tried putting phase run and cwdt-immortal call on my boots, fevered mind to increase mana costs to reduce ramp up rate, but its not good enough?

Should I just try and farm it with a second character? And if so what would you suggest?

Thanks!

EDIT: ignore the above as I have gotten used to what you have to do, which is run 100% of the time with vd, but I have a question of what you might think about running MOM and the three mana nodes behind it in the place of revelry?
Last edited by OPAbra on Nov 12, 2018, 5:10:52 PM
"
c4m31 wrote:
I was wondering if it's possible to use a 2 socket Command of the Pit with this build, and not have to use blood rage to get arcane surge then. I don't see why it wouldn't fit. Can anyone elaborate what it is I'm missing as to why people don't use these gloves?

Id rather use a 21/20 arcane surge and have GOOD gloves than a 1/0 arcane surge with ok gloves.
Bored AF! Enjoy! Hope you understand and that it can help!
(Mirror bill will be sent shortly!)

"
OPAbra wrote:

EDIT: ignore the above as I have gotten used to what you have to do, which is run 100% of the time with vd, but I have a question of what you might think about running MOM and the three mana nodes behind it in the place of revelry?

The MoM and mana nodes behind it are a nerf to your damage. By shifting 30% damage to mana you ensure that you spend less mana and this translate into less useful Indigon dmg and lesser Zerphi heal. I saw on your character that you took MoM. It's a nerf to the build and only provide more survivability if something deal you more than your life in 1 single hit! IF not, the mana monster will chunk your mana and slowly remove most of the goodies provided by Zerphi and YOU WILL DIE because of MoM. IMO, remove it! You are KILLING your Zerphi!

I know you said to ignore the rest but if what I say add something to your understanding it just might help you out.

"
OPAbra wrote:

How do you get the stuff in delve in the side paths? I am finding this build needs the 5 seconds of wind up time that delving in the side paths just doesn't allow, and it doesn't work well for me for leeching/regening with the mobs hitting me?

Like you said, keep it casting. If you have a better character for side area it just might be worth it.. When sick of killing monster you go in to break walls and have a relax gaming for x mins or hours. I thats how I do it. Hell, I even remove body swap and do it for combustion and do it outside of the run itself. Take more over time ? Yes! But im comfortable with it and I prefer it that way. I do not only min max my char. I min max my enjoyment as well to how I like to do things! ;)

"
OPAbra wrote:

I tried putting phase run and cwdt-immortal call on my boots, fevered mind to increase mana costs to reduce ramp up rate, but its not good enough?

Phase run is off as soon as you do an attack, use a skill or what not. Pointless.

Other things:
I looked at your character. The gear isnt actually bad at all.

The helmet link <---- A auto mutilation!
You cannot link arcane surge and herald of ash to Arcane Surge! It boost reserved mana! You do not want that at all.

Armour Gems
Life leech is pointless Multistrike will provide a better multiplier for Zerphi healing and ramp up. It also can actually sell easy once it reach 20, 20/20 or even vaaled. Giving you currency as the gem doesnt do anything else that increase mana cost.

Look up his gems on armour and you will see what Im talking about.
Or course, there always other way to go about it. I know why Rue didnt go my way and its because he wanted to corrupt gloves for a curse. Since I dont plan to do that. I moved the gems a little. This will also show you how important it is to not like herald/Clarity to mana increase gems.

I dont run frenzy in my chest:

This give me 7 link gloves! Good stuff. Would be too expensive to corrupt for curse like Ruerue but I dont plan to.. So its fine by me.
This save me gems on my frenzy and allow me to free 2 sockets. Giving me a chest that look like this instead

As you can see, its not fun to color either... But the important note here is to notice how I went to seperate the auras from blood rage! If I 6 link this thing = Nerfed <--- cause I reserve way more mana! The saving on Frenzy 6 link also allowed me to add a luxury

which help a little for the initial burst vs boss but doesnt change much after that tbh. The last slot will be for Anger if I ever get a Aul with "Anger reserve no mana" which is why it doesnt need to be linked with other auras. For Uber elder I simply use a Warlord mark Unset(no +2 sadly) to run Purity of Ice instead of Herald of Ash. This complete my setup and allow me to run Uber elder with a paper covering my screen as long as I see my flasks. Overall. I suggest you look again the link HE use. I will post my gears at the end so you can watch MY link and see where we have similarity/exactitutes to understand what is really important. I dont lazy on linking.. It just NEED to be that way.

Amulet:
Might want to consider removing Bisco as you go deeper but I cannot say I do not feel you on wanting to use it. It is an option. Feel free to see how good/bad it affect you. Just remember on how much life you are missing and survivability vs an item like

This amulet for example will provide STR(life), Life %(Life)<-- Captain obvious here and Cover in Ash when hit which is a Increase fire DMG taken by 20%(better than penetration) and slow monster by 20% giving you a better survival against the many melees of the Delve mine.

Boots: No life, cant really enchant. Only 2 wanted mod and 1 of them is secondary(mana) to already having life on them

Watcher Eye:
MoM effect is killing your mana!
Watcher Eye 9%
MoM keystone 30%
Total damage going to mana = 39%
That 39% damage on mana is nerfing that Zerphi BIG TIME!

Skill tree:
You dont have Spirit of the Void node to boost your max mana leech.

Fevered mind <---- Get rid of it. It really is bad.

You have some terrible jewels. At their best they have 2 mods and most time only 1 is really wanted on them. Making them 1.5 mod jewel. The penetration really is last and not even. You have 2 cooldown items and yet none of them even have attack speed which make the mod rather wasted. None of them have mana either which further lower your leech rate(based on max mana) and in turn lower even more your mana spending adding to the killing of your Zerphi by having 39% MoM!

There are some nitbits that dont even matter but keep adding bits to what is happening.
You have Arcane Will but not Deep Thought. You are not a mana regen build. You are a mana leech build! Go ahead, try in your hideout! Spam empty and look how slow mana come back even with 21 clarity. Attack monsters and see that if you stop attacking 2.5 seconds you are full.

Qaulity on Zerphi and Divination is bad. It make your ramp up time longer and can end flask prematurely.

Jewels in little bit more details

Hypnotic Creed <--- Useless /destroy while on cursor
No life
No mana
No attack speed
And you are not a staff user

Fevered Mind <---- Just useless. Ramp up is easy. Vendor it or /destroy

Watcher eye <--- Hurting you cause of MoM!
Sell it to someone who can use it to benefit to buy another that might even be less expensive <--- Profit! (Dont get one that give you mana from hits!!!)

Hollow Glare <--- Sell it
Good life
No attack speed
No mana
You dont need crit
You dont need hinder. If its there with the 3 required mod fine. Without them it's not really anything

Whispering iridescence /destroy while on cursor
Good life
No attack speed
No mana
Attack dmg ? You do damage with spells

Hallow Stare
Good life
No mana
No attack speed
Pen.. ok
Es regen ?

You are running blue jewels. You could craft better with Alts.

The Shorter version:
Rid MoM, Rid that watcher eye for a new one and get Spirit void. <---- More dmg and more overall survive. Cause even with mom.. If you have 300-700 mana left. it wont change if a 1 shot does happen, but it will leave you your mana to recover more with Zerphi.
You seem to have a confusion between a mana leech build and a mana regen build.
Your jewels need 3 mods. LIFE, ATTACK SPEED, MANA <--- REST IS LUXURY!
Unlink those aura from Arcane Surge!

My gears!
I will purposely not post map boots because I change them often and level gems in there. You dont need gems there unless you Go RueRue Balls Deep and want Frostwall!

My Gears!
Remember, some of my links are not in same location!

Remember, some of my links are not in same location!

Jewelry

<---- Swap for uber elder when I need Purity of Ice

Flask (note which have quality. Im not that poor to not quality for savings)

Jewels
Feel Free to check SharonOlds as I cant post them but the jist of it was very simple.
My watcher eye:
Clarity mana recovery
Purity of Ice Phys to cold
Discipline Faster start of ES<---- Unused.
^^^^^^ Will sell it if I ever find the 2 mod version for cheap as Hiero version can use all 3 mods.

Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Nov 13, 2018, 2:58:32 AM
@Petitcrabe1

Thank you so much for the advice! To answer a couple of your comments:

1) The jewels are trash, I know. I ran out of alterations and I am trying to make better ones but I am having 0 luck, and work is killing me right now so I am not gaining much time for this!

2) I have thought about 7Ling the gloves with frenzy as it would save the chest for some free reign with other things and I really might try and craft a pair soon as I can to mimic you here.

3) The amulet! I would use a Xoph's if I had one, but I don't and I can't afford one either. I spent all my $ on the zerphis and I need to save up for a dying sun first! I did get a blue pearl for 1 ex as I would love to craft +spell +fire and some other great things on it like life, but I have had 0 luck with crafting it so far. The biscos is just because I don't have anything better and I don't think I need the atziris foible as my mana regens so damn quick.

4) I added MoM because of Rue's current character sheet (which has MoM and cloak of defiance or w/e its called), and my question is this:
When I am actively hitting monsters or attacking, my mana regens/leechs to full instantly. I never have to do a basic attack or go out of mana. There are some rare moments where I've just taken a hit and my char goes "I'm out of mana", but by the end of out shes back at full.

Right now I am struggling to kill my 450 aul as he does a 1hit attack, as well as shaper doing a slam occasionally killing me, making it a little hard here and there. I know I need life (hence the push to get +life and +mana jewels as the mana loops back into MoM and the Zerphis heal), but my crafting luck is shit after I crafted the shaper ring (which isn't nearly as good as it should be to drain my rng).

Will MoM really be the end of the build via Zerphi-suicide on the occasion of a big hit draining my mana for the 50 milliseconds? If I am misunderstanding a key principle here, please explain, I blame ignorance rather than arrogance here as I truly love your critique and suggestions! I fear that my build right now is a point of not having enough currency to build it up enough to where it should be, combined with the relative confusion from Rue's current build.

5) I do not have spirit void but I have essence sap, which is near identical to it, minus a little of the mana leach attack which isn't noticeable as the damage is so damn high on this build that I am hitting the cap regardless. I also love acrobatics, it is my favorite node and I definitely feel a little safer after having taken it, and Rue took it as well, making me feel a little more secure in the change.

Thank you so much for the critique and advice, I look forward to your further advice!

EDIT: 6) Sorry if I don't understand, but arcane surge at level 20 or 21 requires 400 mana cost when blood rage only costs 21? How are you triggering it?
Last edited by OPAbra on Nov 13, 2018, 9:25:47 PM
"
OPAbra wrote:

1) The jewels are trash, I know. I ran out of alterations and I am trying to make better ones but I am having 0 luck, and work is killing me right now so I am not gaining much time for this!

Just hit live search. Mana ppl will list the jewel for 5-30c and most of those selling high are most likely ppl that bought them for those prices.

"
OPAbra wrote:

2) I have thought about 7Ling the gloves with frenzy as it would save the chest for some free reign with other things and I really might try and craft a pair soon as I can to mimic you here.

Buy em, be patient. I paid mine 90c. Still 1 ex or 2 ex is easy to find.

"
OPAbra wrote:

3) The amulet! I would use a Xoph's if I had one, but I don't and I can't afford one either. I spent all my $ on ....

I feel you, unless you get to a good lucky drops it's hard unless you eat frozen pizza prepared by mom and never leave the comp. Tbh, its cheaper at this point in league to buy 10=15 stones and just farm the darn thing yourself..

"
OPAbra wrote:

I did get a blue pearl for 1 ex as I would love to craft +spell +fire

90% of non top tier rolls are always cheaper to buy than to craft. I suggest stay away from a lot of complicated crafting unless rich. then you can afford to spam 1000-5000 chaos of crafting and almost guarantee return. Thats how my "rich friends" do it. Like for my plate.. Sure, I spent maybe 400-500c value + base 4ex to craft it and most likely got lucky... But I did farm all those fossils and I really only spammed 1 socket resonator with Pristine.

"
OPAbra wrote:

4) I added MoM because of Rue's current character sheet (which has MoM and cloak of defiance or w/e its called), and my question is this:
When I am actively hitting monsters or attacking, my mana regens/leechs to full instantly. I never have to do a basic attack or go out of mana. There are some rare moments where I've just taken a hit and my char goes "I'm out of mana", but by the end of out shes back at full.

Will get back to you on this. Im kinda curious. His use of Frost wall to seperate monsters from him could be a huge reason why he CAN use that armour. Im expecting he might have found some interesting corrupt as well and has some combination that work because he just doesnt get hit that much due to Frost wall in his boots. We havnt seen him #1 anymore. Did he PArty balls deep or something ? I wouldnt know.

As for the mana part. Yeah, you leech fast and will always have "no mana". But if a hit from monster deal 1000 dmg(thats low dmg). MoM+Clock = 40%. 600 dmg to life, 400 to mana. 400 mana not spent by your attack that empty mana regardless how much you have is still 400 * Zerphi recovery (up to 2400 recovery of life!). If you consider how we regain mana and spend it. That 2400 recovery of life over 4 second quickly become a lot more! Preventing 400 dmg to mana on 1000 dmg at the cost of more life recovery just doesnt seem worth it unless REALLY DEEP and monster hit you for more than your Life pool. Meaning you need to use frostwall to benefit. After all, losing on phys to elemental is also very detrimental in his case. He must be locking monsters away from him with frostwall to avoid 1 shot. He did talk about it I think it was page 1 or 2.

Also, I can say I also saw for a while his build have 1500 life. Was he running some sort of immune build ?

"
OPAbra wrote:

Right now I am struggling to kill my 450 aul as he does a 1hit attack, as well as shaper doing a slam occasionally killing me, making it a little hard here and there. I know I need life (hence the push to get +life and +mana jewels as the mana loops back into MoM and the Zerphis heal), but my crafting luck is shit after I crafted the shaper ring (which isn't nearly as good as it should be to drain my rng).
For shaper/Uber you really want in most cases to use Kaom. Stun immune goes a long way and the life gain is epic to survive that slam. His slam does hit me for about 90% of my life. The stun imune is good cause if you get hit by 1 of his balls = stunned for most builds and you get hit by another and another while attacking less and recovering less.

"
OPAbra wrote:

Will MoM really be the end of the build via Zerphi-suicide on the occasion of a big hit draining my mana for the 50 milliseconds? If I am misunderstanding a key principle here
Its all those 50 ms that use up a part of your mana that end up not being spent on recovery. Sure, if a hit is a 1 shot it become irrelevant. But as I said, Im sure the key to his capacity to use MoM and cloak really is that he avoid hits with frost walls and want to get that extra dps with the mana.

"
OPAbra wrote:
5) I do not have spirit void but I have essence sap, which is near identical to it, minus a little of the mana leach attack which isn't noticeable as the damage is so damn high on this build that I am hitting the cap regardless. I also love acrobatics, it is my favorite node and I definitely feel a little safer after having taken it, and Rue took it as well, making me feel a little more secure in the change.

Yeah, those are changes he did for 2000+ with the frost wall because rares would 1 shot him making Zerphi useless in those occasions.

"
OPAbra wrote:

EDIT: 6) Sorry if I don't understand, but arcane surge at level 20 or 21 requires 400 mana cost when blood rage only costs 21? How are you triggering it?
At some point Blood Rage cost half your mana pool. Ty Indigon. You gota keep casting it every 4 seconds to get arcane surge all the time.
Rue explain this in his first page.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Nov 13, 2018, 10:23:16 PM
Dude, seriously, Thank you! This all makes sense! I'm gonna take MoM off and try and figure out where to put the 4 points but I really don't want to dip back down to the other area with Spirit Void as I think I want to keep acrobatics (unless you convince me otherwise). I switched them out for all the available +max mana nodes for now until I get enough levels for some of the jewel nodes along with some better jewels. I will also look for +mana +life jewels and pick some up.

Thank you so much!

AS for the watcher's eye, I am gonna stick with what I have right now until I can afford one without the MoM portion, just because this is what I got from elder and I need that dying sun :)

Thank you so much again!
At what point of delve level should i switch to full immune/evade version of this build? I tried at around lvl 1000 and still was fine with usual version.

Also is it worth crafting dual conversion body armours for extra surviveability? Or using a high life+% phys reduction armour is enough?

Is there any reason NOT to use combustion gem in frenzy setup? Apart from a bit lower mana cost (hence, slower ramp time) there are only benefits?

Any upgrades i should buy @ 100 ex budget?
"
zonda02 wrote:
At what point of delve level should i switch to full immune/evade version of this build? I tried at around lvl 1000 and still was fine with usual version.

Is there any reason NOT to use combustion gem in frenzy setup? Apart from a bit lower mana cost (hence, slower ramp time) there are only benefits?

Any upgrades i should buy @ 100 ex budget?

Unsure about at what point, still closing in on a 1000 here. But it will happen eventually for sure! Thus i don't see a point in investing into Armor. In fact, Coil works fine and so does Defiance.

Combustion is amazing, so it stays. For upgrades update boot enchant asap.

For 100ex buy double curse Aul and curse gloves, update your ring bases to +mana.

And divine your Indigon! +7-8 is easy to roll, got mine to +10 ;)
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Last edited by zoNiklv on Nov 14, 2018, 9:45:56 AM
"
OPAbra wrote:
Dude, seriously, Thank you! This all makes sense! I'm gonna take MoM off and try and figure out where to put the 4 points but I really don't want to dip back down to the other area with Spirit Void as I think I want to keep acrobatics (unless you convince me otherwise). I switched them out for all the available +max mana nodes for now until I get enough levels for some of the jewel nodes along with some better jewels. I will also look for +mana +life jewels and pick some up.

Thank you so much!

AS for the watcher's eye, I am gonna stick with what I have right now until I can afford one without the MoM portion, just because this is what I got from elder and I need that dying sun :)

Thank you so much again!

Np, Mirror bill has been sent.
Anyway, the Watcher eye isnt a big deal... The keystone was and now the Watcher is only a tiny bit. It might hurt a little your survival but at this point I doubt it will be that relevant.

Still, right now I see 2 watcher eye with clarity mod you need. The other mod is useless but they 2 ex each while your watcher is worth more. IF you have the Currency.. I would simply buy it or even put yours for sell and if it does sell check if the 2 ex one are still online.. Buy it then contact the one who wanted to buy yours. Can be a little dickish to do that but if you are starving currency... Who know if there is a buyer left for your watcher at this point in the league.

As for the tree, your missing out a little on stuff but really not that much.
The biggest part of the survival has been solved. Just make sure you get Kaom roots for Uber/Shaper. As long as I see my flask I dont even need to watch the fight. I dont have enchant on them.. I simply bought corrupted 199 life ones +2 socketed aura <--- I know! super useful corruption :p
For those wondering about MoM and Rue's current build: It is only used for extremely deep delves with the purpose of staying a screen back and spamming high dps balls so stuff dies before you see it, cause if you actually see enemies that deep without playing the zero-skill-required immune builds, you die. It is not really optimized for any other content, so unless you're a 2000+ delver with solely delving in mind, just follow the guide in this post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info