[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

"
Gulch wrote:
Really liking this build! I'm lvl 87, need to tweak a couple of things (flasks,corrupt Skirmish,etc).
My question is, I have avoided taking Acro and Phase Acro in favor of more damage nodes.
Is Phase Acro THAT good to where I should have it at 87?
I usually play Elementalist, so I don't know anything about Phase Acro.
Thanks.

Hi, I personaly like the Acro notes. For me it feels more solid in case of defence like for example MoM (in this build).

I like to maximize my plain dodge chance.
The plain chance is the very first defence layer. Everything that comes through is calculated with all the other stuff like armour and evasion.

I´m at delve depth 359 at the moment and I feel pretty compfy with Acro and a solid plain dodge chance. In case of need I use the vaal grace effect for 10 seconds too. With a good densety hearly half the time vaal grace buff is up.

In my case I don´t need extra damage. The overall output is more than enough, I think.

Cheers.
"
KohlrabiKind wrote:
"
Lunasicc187 wrote:
"
KohlrabiKind wrote:
I'd suggest to not play it as a crit & accuracy build, instead go with Resolute Technique.

Simply because this build lacks the necessary amount of crit damage and you shock also without the laughable amount of crit this build has offer, and your low accuracy makes you hit less often which is a serious issue in higher tier maps and the delve, i would even go further and say that the low accuracy and crit chance even nullifies the benefits of critting a target because you miss too often and it's even worse with evasive targets.

Other than that not the fastest clearspeed (i'd say somewhere in the happy medium) but heck it's IMHO in the top 5 of the most powerful DD builds i know of, it's extremely strong and even stronger in groups accompanied by an aura bot, the damage is totally galactic.

Thank you for your post.
Maximum damage-wise you don´t need to focus on crit chance with this build.
This build shocks emenies with nearly 100% on hit, due to the mechanic of the Yoke of Suffering" amulet and the skilltree. Shocked enemies take 50% increased damage. Just chesk stats in PoB.

So this is nearly a perma 50% damage boost (although with a low crit chance of around 20-30%). Every projectile of a single totem (3-6 projectiles - depends on gear setup) can apply with 20-30% on top a critical strike with a fairly enough crit multiplier of around 200-250% (depends on gear and skilltree). With great gear you´ll have a chance to hit of around 90%, in my eyes quite enough.

There is no issue at delve depth 350+ with this build -> quite kindergarden... I´ve played an ele wander (Queenliness Wanderfinder) and it isn´t in reach for any other build in case of speedfarming (due to the Queen of the forrest mechanic & AoE). But with nice flasks, phase run, movement speed on belt and boots, it feeld pretty fast. Through the piercing mechanic, everything is oneshot on a T15 map, the projectiles fly 3 screens long. you have always your flasks up at good densety. I guess no meele build can clear as fast (perhaps faster movement, but not oneshot 3 screens wide everything). On a map like Maze of the Minotaur (tube-like level design) you just start running and stand just to cast 1-3 totems and start running again... Overall I think this build is a very balanced combination of speed and capability to slay every boss in the game pretty easily...

Another character class than a hierophant will decrese the total damage output significantly, due to the two extra totems from the ascendency.
You loose 2 out of 5 totems (plain 40% damage output loss). No other class will compensate this loss with a higher crit chance.

Example calcutalion:
5 totems with 2 millions DPS per totem = 10 million output (hierophant)
another character class with 50% more damage per totem (unlikely) means 3 million DPS per totem but only 3 totems at a time = 9 million total output.

I doubt that any other class will carry more total damage output with ele hit totem, than a hierpophant. But perhaps I´ll learn something new too :-)

Cheers

Hi,

If accuracy is calculated per projectile or arrow than you're right but if it's calculated per totem then you'll do often 0% damage if you doesn't hit every time, it would be good to know how POE calculates accuracy for mulit-projectile totems (per totem? per projectile?) though just to make sure which version does the job better.

Other than that, it would be great do have the defenses fleshed out a bit more,some Vaal areas in the Delve with 83+ monster level for example laugh about the dodge chance you bring to the party even if you spam additionally dodge flasks, they'll oneshot you.

Have you tried alternative defense mechanics yet, and how did they turned out?

Hello buddy,

I provided a "more life" skill tree (screenshots in guide). And you always can wear a pair of "Kaom´s Roots" boots for more plain life (but fewer movement speed). With this you get around 6.6k life. On top you can always replace the jewel "splinter of rain" with another +50 life / +7% life jewel, but I only recommend that, if your bow has the +1 corruption and you run a "dying sun" in your flask setup. With the setup above, you have around 6.8k life (for the costs of losing damage of course). You can say, you gain as much percentage total life pool as you lose percentage total damage output. It is pretty much a balance...

I personally run delve depth at 361 right now and I have nothing to complain about in case of toughness... Had a abyssal boss at 352 and a abyssal city and it was quite easy...

I run the following setup in deep delve:
1) enfeeble aura with blasphemy
2) grace aura
3) phase run
flasks:
4) quicksilver
5) blood of the kauri
6) quarz flask
7) the wise oak
8) silver flask

Even without Flammability (I have no Yoke of Suffering with +1 curse yet) the damage is more than pleasant.

There is a quite important hint with phase run and totems:
Normally when you deal damage, you lose the "phase run" effect ("harder to detect = you get fewer hits & you gain fewer attention from monsters). The result is, that you cast your totems -> then cast phase run -> during phase run effect you can´t deal damage, but your totems can, without you losing the "harder to detect" effect. This results in an indirect defence buff, because you get hit more less. So everytime I can cast phase run I do it (in 3.4 it is now a instant cast with no cast time). With increased duration linked to phase run, there is only a short gap were I havent the buff.

With vaal grace linked to increased duration, I have 10 seconds of additional 34% plain dodge chance (with passives and quartz flask it is +80% total). And I have half the time the vaal grace effect up with good densety in the delve mine.

But there is one thing that deal nearly deadly damage => the fire/ice explosions from mobs (but you see them coming and can walk around them)

Another useful hint for the vaal or abyssal instances:
At the end of the hallways (were the loot chests are) I don´t stand on the "spot" which turn on the lights. I always stand right in the corner (getting there with phasing -> walk through all enemies) and cast all 5 totems right in front of me. Then I throw a flair to my feet. The Totems in front of me will tank all enemies and I allways cast phase run & vaal grace as soon as possible to stay most of the time invisible & with higher dodge. Normally after the flair has burned out, there won´t spawn any new monsters and I go to the "spot" and turn on the lights and loot the chests.

All in all there is nothing to complain about toughness in my view.

I haven´t tried a evasion flask setup yet (+3000 evasion flask & +double evasion flask) -> but I´m sure this will add more survivability if you demand it.

If you want it more tanky, use the "more life" skill tree, put on some Kaom´s Roots and use the evasion flask setup. If currency doesn´t matter, get yourself some corrupted Tombfists with "X% increased life" as implicit. Optimize your use of Vaal Grace and Phase Run casts.

I´ve not the most time to play right now, but I´m sure this build will get to depth 600 at the end of the season. In the ladder I´m at place 318 solo (filter: Templar) at the momment and I try to climb into top 50 through the season.

Hope this post was enlightend
Cheers

thx for the build. This is my POB ---> https://pastebin.com/dYDdY0w5

Currently uber elder down and all end game contents down but problem i have here is my 'mouse over dps' is only 64k which is so less compared to yours what cause this problem? if you have time, please kindly take a look at pob and give me some tips. ty
"
Lunasicc187 wrote:

Hello buddy,

I provided a "more life" skill tree (screenshots in guide). And you always can wear a pair of "Kaom´s Roots" boots for more plain life (but fewer movement speed). With this you get around 6.6k life. On top you can always replace the jewel "splinter of rain" with another +50 life / +7% life jewel, but I only recommend that, if your bow has the +1 corruption and you run a "dying sun" in your flask setup. With the setup above, you have around 6.8k life (for the costs of losing damage of course). You can say, you gain as much percentage total life pool as you lose percentage total damage output. It is pretty much a balance...

I personally run delve depth at 361 right now and I have nothing to complain about in case of toughness... Had a abyssal boss at 352 and a abyssal city and it was quite easy...

I run the following setup in deep delve:
1) enfeeble aura with blasphemy
2) grace aura
3) phase run
flasks:
4) quicksilver
5) blood of the kauri
6) quarz flask
7) the wise oak
8) silver flask

Even without Flammability (I have no Yoke of Suffering with +1 curse yet) the damage is more than pleasant.

There is a quite important hint with phase run and totems:
Normally when you deal damage, you lose the "phase run" effect ("harder to detect = you get fewer hits & you gain fewer attention from monsters). The result is, that you cast your totems -> then cast phase run -> during phase run effect you can´t deal damage, but your totems can, without you losing the "harder to detect" effect. This results in an indirect defence buff, because you get hit more less. So everytime I can cast phase run I do it (in 3.4 it is now a instant cast with no cast time). With increased duration linked to phase run, there is only a short gap were I havent the buff.

With vaal grace linked to increased duration, I have 10 seconds of additional 34% plain dodge chance (with passives and quartz flask it is +80% total). And I have half the time the vaal grace effect up with good densety in the delve mine.

But there is one thing that deal nearly deadly damage => the fire/ice explosions from mobs (but you see them coming and can walk around them)

Another useful hint for the vaal or abyssal instances:
At the end of the hallways (were the loot chests are) I don´t stand on the "spot" which turn on the lights. I always stand right in the corner (getting there with phasing -> walk through all enemies) and cast all 5 totems right in front of me. Then I throw a flair to my feet. The Totems in front of me will tank all enemies and I allways cast phase run & vaal grace as soon as possible to stay most of the time invisible & with higher dodge. Normally after the flair has burned out, there won´t spawn any new monsters and I go to the "spot" and turn on the lights and loot the chests.

All in all there is nothing to complain about toughness in my view.

I haven´t tried a evasion flask setup yet (+3000 evasion flask & +double evasion flask) -> but I´m sure this will add more survivability if you demand it.

If you want it more tanky, use the "more life" skill tree, put on some Kaom´s Roots and use the evasion flask setup. If currency doesn´t matter, get yourself some corrupted Tombfists with "X% increased life" as implicit. Optimize your use of Vaal Grace and Phase Run casts.

I´ve not the most time to play right now, but I´m sure this build will get to depth 600 at the end of the season. In the ladder I´m at place 318 solo (filter: Templar) at the momment and I try to climb into top 50 through the season.

Hope this post was enlightend
Cheers

So i've experimented a bit with the tree and changed the whole thing defensive wise to mom+life regen+armor (The Ascendancy points remained as they were so no changes there), while the damage seemed to stay the same overall i feel now much more robust at least trash mobs don't pose a threat after all, of course it's not a tank build but i feel like my EHP skyrocketed through the roof in comparison with the dodge version since the change.

650 life regen 520 mana regen (40% Damage from Mana) which translates into ~1200 regeneration, plus 14k armor on top (at level 92), i'd say these are great stats for a ranged char.

Especially the armor and endurance changes combination scales much better with each other than endurance charges with dodge since you'll extend your already existing physical reduction "on top" with the phys reduction.

The problem i had with the dodge version is that you'll get regularly into cooldown locks where neither flasks nor defensive skills are available and if your existing and static dodge fails then you're dead if you're not able to kite which is additionally way more often the case in the delve than in maps.
Last edited by KohlrabiKind on Oct 2, 2018, 11:49:34 PM
"
KohlrabiKind wrote:

So i've experimented a bit with the tree and changed the whole thing defensive wise to mom+life regen+armor (The Ascendancy points remained as they were so no changes there), while the damage seemed to stay the same overall i feel now much more robust at least trash mobs don't pose a threat after all, of course it's not a tank build but i feel like my EHP skyrocketed through the roof in comparison with the dodge version since the change.

650 life regen 520 mana regen (40% Damage from Mana) which translates into ~1200 regeneration, plus 14k armor on top (at level 92), i'd say these are great stats for a ranged char.

Especially the armor and endurance changes combination scales much better with each other than endurance charges with dodge since you'll extend your already existing physical reduction "on top" with the phys reduction.

The problem i had with the dodge version is that you'll get regularly into cooldown locks where neither flasks nor defensive skills are available and if your existing and static dodge fails then you're dead if you're not able to kite which is additionally way more often the case in the delve than in maps.

Hi,

can you post a Pob Link from your MoM tree?
Your Chars are not visible.

Thanks
Beast build gz mate !
Perfect guide, good job mate, Thank you.
Does headhunter work within this build? I know its based on hits but does it count for totems?
"
Lunasicc187 wrote:

Hello buddy,

I did a quick review on your gear and things that come in mind are:

1) Your helmet corruption (AoE gems) won´t effect the ele hit damage -> just add two level in PoB to your ele hit, then you see what the right helmet corruption will push.

I think that the +2 Aoe on frostferno will effect the Elemental Hit Damage because the Skill has an AoE Tag.
In PoB you can see the Damage increase.
But it is a buff for EH only.

Thanks for this detailed Guide and Build.

Happy Weekend :)
"
MOJO_Fuzzah wrote:
Does headhunter work within this build? I know its based on hits but does it count for totems?

Check Section 06 EXAMPLE GEAR & OUTLOOK

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info