[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

Yeah those are all good thoughts, I can't wait to read the patch notes. Thanks tons for the build :)
With the hierophant nerf, another option is a Scion - still get +1 totem on that tree, and can get +1 arrow and +2 penetration, which means you don't need the penetration nodes on the old tree. That gets you 7 more nodes to work with (+5 for scion, +4 for not getting the penetration, -2 for the two nodes to go from scion to the existing tree - can obviously make a few pathing tweaks elsewhere to save a few nodes as well). Could use those for more health, more damage, more mana regen (You lose a lot of mana regen by not going hierophant, though can spend 4 points to get two +40% mana regen nodes), or getting point blank, so you can get +1 arrow on your quiver instead of point blank. Still lose out on a lot of totem placement speed.

Not sure the tradeoffs are worth it or not. Planning on trying this build (hierophant or scion - was leaning towards the former, less sure with the nerf) next league, been poking at it off and on for the past week or so.
Last edited by Gormu on Dec 3, 2018, 11:02:02 PM
Chieftaon can be an option too, ofcourse you lost one totem (two before), but dmg will be better and alot of regen and fire damage leech from totem. What are you think about that option?

Ahh i forgot that Chief work on phy -> fire, So NWM.
Last edited by loczek123 on Dec 3, 2018, 11:23:21 PM
I think the multi totem support in frostferno might be quite a valid option, considering the +3% dmg per totem and the regen that 6 totem will provide us. Normally, putting down 6 totems would be difficult, but with the totem support / ascendancy passive we put down 2 at once so it will be fine.

Also, do we know if the +1 totem will be a crafted option or can it be a corrupt?
the issue with the -1 totem ascedancy is now that you cant no longer place your totems completely freely. Since you put down 2 each team you cant build some sort of "protection circle" around you or spread them for AOE bosses.

I think mapping speed might drop down a bit and you placement needs to be more careful.

Since we are about to loose one max totem, would be cloak of the defiance a alternative? maybe changing the tree to more life nodes and less damage nodes to compare the loss of kaoms heart

im playing standard, so swapping to scion isnt really a option i'd like to do.
Last edited by Camatoo on Dec 4, 2018, 4:51:08 AM
The double totem placement seems like a bit of a nerf to me, too... even if we get 6 totems, that's three effective casts. If one totem effectively and reliably clears a pack over time, plant&run clearing becomes a bit more limited. Bossing otoh will likely get a bit easier, but tbh completely unnecessary...

It will probably feel good while undergeared/underlevelled, and worse the better Your char gets. Scion seems to be getting more and more alluring...
Hey guys,

this time I intend to go with a totem char as a starter. I'm contemplating this one as I'm familiar with Ele Hit, which was amazing in Incursion (before the nerfs to the threshold jewels). Also Skirmish looks like a cheap way to cheat out an extra totem vs Spell Totem based chars.

Regarding the manifesto, I'm not that sure it's a big nerf. It does seem like they want to make multiple classes viable for the playstyle instead of defaulting to Hierophant. However, when I think about it, I would expect faster clearing from placing 2 totems at once. Right?

And on bosses, the OP says (don't find that passage now, pardon me if I remember this wrongly) you spend most of the time recasting totems, so doesn't that imply you don't have much uptime of 5 simultaneous totems? If that's the case, then casting 2 at a time should also be an improvement(?).

Now on the other hand, the Scion idea sounds cute. I suppose you would go Deadeye as the second sub-ascendancy? Buuuut, haven't played totems in the 3.x era and I expect a lot of QoL from Hierophant's placement speed and inherent "Spell Echo" so that's probably the safer bet for me.

I'm not sure about the new Multiple Totems Support but my gut feeling says it will be inferior to a "more" gem. PoB will tell.

For leveling, I think I will start slightly different by going through the Elemental damage nodes first into Retribution and use spells early, leaving the option of any spell totem until I can afford both Combat Focus. Do you think that is a good idea or is Smite a real good skill? Didn't play for some months during which it was introduced.

edit: more questions

OP, you avoid both Elemental Overload and MoM. You say EO doesn't get triggered by totems, but afaik we should be able to trigger it despite Ancestral Bonds. Did you think of that? It might still be right to forego EO because it neuters every crit bonus we have.
And on MoM, am I reading it correctly that that is purely a concession to Delve? Like I said, I didn't play that, but I used to like MoM (Enfeeble through CWDT) for various characters. Can't you mitigate the oom-issue with mana reg and flasks (maybe Laviangas, is that reasonably obtainable in a regular league?)?
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Dec 4, 2018, 6:22:57 AM
The reason MoM isn't used is because the build uses blasphemy+flammability and haste, meaning 85% of mana is reserved so you don't gain much effective life. If I had to guess you could drop both and run MoM as a tankier variant with less damage.
Last edited by Zampano on Dec 4, 2018, 9:16:35 AM
"
Solmyr77 wrote:

Regarding the manifesto, I'm not that sure it's a big nerf. It does seem like they want to make multiple classes viable for the playstyle instead of defaulting to Hierophant. However, when I think about it, I would expect faster clearing from placing 2 totems at once. Right?

Now on the other hand, the Scion idea sounds cute. I suppose you would go Deadeye as the second sub-ascendancy? Buuuut, haven't played totems in the 3.x era and I expect a lot of QoL from Hierophant's placement speed and inherent "Spell Echo" so that's probably the safer bet for me.

Placing 2 totems at once is only an improvement to clearspeed if one totem doesn't clear a screen or two. If they do, it's not an improvement and might even be a detriment (place 1 totem on screen border, run 0.5 screens, place another... aaaand You're done if You only have 4. Next cast will destroy first 2 -> less area coverage at once).

Scion would be slayer/chieftain for overleech+totem leech. Way more survivability. Damage loss shouldnt be too bad with just 1 totem less, and crit was low anyways. Totem placement speed can be somewhat compensated for with the extra points + better tree access from scion.
"
Fawkse wrote:
"
Solmyr77 wrote:

Placing 2 totems at once is only an improvement to clearspeed if one totem doesn't clear a screen or two. If they do, it's not an improvement and might even be a detriment (place 1 totem on screen border, run 0.5 screens, place another... aaaand You're done if You only have 4. Next cast will destroy first 2 -> less area coverage at once).

Scion would be slayer/chieftain for overleech+totem leech. Way more survivability. Damage loss shouldnt be too bad with just 1 totem less, and crit was low anyways. Totem placement speed can be somewhat compensated for with the extra points + better tree access from scion.

Would you by any chance have a suggestion for a slayer/chieftain version of the build? Seems rather cool. Did however see someone report that the slayer overleech didn't work with the totems. Not sure if thats the case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info