[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

i ask because it feels like my totems just die whenever i put them down in the uber elder fight. if i put them in point blank range of shaper while he is using the beam they instantly die and any hit from elder will also kill them.
"
AlmightyDrake wrote:
i ask because it feels like my totems just die whenever i put them down in the uber elder fight. if i put them in point blank range of shaper while he is using the beam they instantly die and any hit from elder will also kill them.

Hello buddy,

according to my helmet corruption (+2 projectile gems), my ranged attack totem is level 22. Every level brings more totem base life.
Your totem is currently on level 19.

I encourage you to use all your gems in the "ele hit setup" with 20% quality. Your benefit will be:
1) greater placement speed: eguals faster start of totem-attacks
2) the other gems with 20% will increase your damage output.

(I don´t know why you forgot to get quality on your gems / important and easy to achieve -> if you fight the hardest boss(es) in the game, you should get at least the gems "ready" for it)

But now to your question:
The totems will always die in the shaper-beam. Because of that, you cast the totems behind the shaper. Perhaps this needs a bit of training.

Most important is, that you cast totems nearly all the time, because you have a chance to gain your power charges and endurance charges when you place a totem. You want them always to be on the maximum stack of 3.

Power charges will increase your damage by a very solid amount (total = 120% increased critical strike chance).

Endurance charges will increase the duration of your immortal call, when you take damage -> quite important for your survavibility (against phy damage).
Every time, immortal call gets proced by CWDT, it consumes the 3 endurance charges and increases the duration of your physical invulnerability. Then you stack it up again to 3, by casting totems.

I never stop casting totems during the fight...
Move - cast - move - cast -...

To my knowledge, there is no way to buff a totem (defense-wise), that it will survive / last long during the uberelder fight.
Therefor we skilled a bunch of totem placement speed notes in the skill tree, to reach a fast "damage start" with the totems. Worst thing would be, that you cast totems, and they die before they can fire projectiles.

But keep in mind, that it is normal, that the totems will die to the attacks in that fight. Just keep replacing them, to always have 5 totems and your charges up.

Cheers

any idea if this build is HC viable?
Lunasicc can you please check the POB i posted earlier if its somewhat correct way to level it ? Also if I missed any important notes. Thanks for response.
"
Chumop wrote:
any idea if this build is HC viable?

If HC I'd suggest going Slayer/chieftan ascendant.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Hello,

This build loooks very strong and fast. Im looking forward to give it a try next week on a fresh league start.
I hope the patch notes will not nerf it.
This week im going to level a templar from act 1 to 10 on ssf to see how fast i can do it.
Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
"

Do you have a specific build you are thinking of in this case?
Last edited by Chumop on Nov 29, 2018, 3:42:41 PM
I really like how this build feels on your videos and plan to play it in the next league, so I have 2 questions on leveling:

1. Given popularity of Sunder for leveling, will some kind of sunder build be good for this one to get fast to the epilogue and then grab totem points?
2. Can you elaborate on leveling order for passives? Like for lvl 30, 60, 75 etc.
"
Chumop wrote:
"

Do you have a specific build you are thinking of in this case?

Same build, just not as a heiro. Chieftan/Slayer totem leech is really nice.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Wingerie wrote:
I really like how this build feels on your videos and plan to play it in the next league, so I have 2 questions on leveling:

1. Given popularity of Sunder for leveling, will some kind of sunder build be good for this one to get fast to the epilogue and then grab totem points?
2. Can you elaborate on leveling order for passives? Like for lvl 30, 60, 75 etc.

Hi buddy,

I´ll update the story mode / leveling guideline before the next league will start. stay tuned :-)

You can level with pretty everything that suits your playstyle, but you should do it with elemental damage based attack skill (not spells) because during leveling, we pick just attack notes / elemental notes along the skill tree...

Due to this my recommendation is "smite with melee weapon" until you can equip/buy a quill rain bow and skirmisch quiver (somewhere around lvl 50ish).

Leveling with the 3 totems - 1 regular, +1 from ancestral bon, +1 from skirmish quiver (last 2 totems you get with ascendency) is pretty fast and save. I did it this league myself and it felt find. finished story mode in 13 hrs playtime at day two of the delve league.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info