[3.6] Volatile Dead Mines - A Scold's Bridle Corpse Spawning (CI) Saboteur - All Content Viable

Oh so thath s why it hasn t been mentionned. Thanks a lot. This build is the most fun I had in poe to be frank and it s amazingly good thinked.
"
DerFun wrote:
"
jos97 wrote:
This viable for 3.7 :)
if POB available please link
ty

Sorry for the late reply, it should work for 3.7 as not alot has changed, we do lose some ES again though because of the Witch start nerf. I would recommend to invest more in ES gear to counteract that.

Im working on a new Tree and thinking about using the Transcendent Mind jewel at the Witch start for a lot of regen, but i haven't finished it yet.
I will Update the guide as soon as possible :).

"
Ghortex wrote:
would this work with two wand that cast on skill use instead the scolds bridle set up ?

The Cast on Skill use craft has an intern cooldown of 4 seconds (or 5 i dont remember) which is sadly way to much to be useful for us.

I am playing a version of this build so far and having quite some fun. Although it feels very squishy still especially with legion.

Spoiler

Completed all the bosses so far without too much trouble besides the issues with flame dash triggering twice or thrice which is kinda not cool in uber elder.
Last edited by FaustVIII on Jun 15, 2019, 7:26:15 PM
Any thoughts on Aukuna's Will? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aukuna%27s_Will
I thought of wielding a cerberus limb with a high armor shield to mitigate some additional damage taken from the gloves but I can t get the math right to find the maximum armor we can use. Could someone explain to me how we can calculate this ?
Is Dying Sun any good here?

Very well thought out build and has great damage seems pretty much like arc pre nerf.

Can you take a look at my gear and see whats missing. I cant sustain energy shield I have to stop spamming mines after 3 or 12345 clicks becasue ES drops very low.

"
sha587 wrote:

Very well thought out build and has great damage seems pretty much like arc pre nerf.

Can you take a look at my gear and see whats missing. I cant sustain energy shield I have to stop spamming mines after 3 or 12345 clicks becasue ES drops very low.

You need to drop the Foible and Mana flask and use some 'damage taken as mana' mods. I use ring+clarity watcher's eye. This will enable you to sustain mana and get way more energy shield and damage on your amulet. Also frees up a slot flask. Also you still have a life flask. You need a Wise Oak and an Atziri's/Cinderswallow.

As for your es problems, the more es you have, the easier it is to set up your mines regen. I'd be swapping your shield, belt and boots. You could easily gain 1.5-3k es depending on the gear you buy. This will give you more spams, which will give you more set up time and eventually your regen will beat the damage you are taking.

Since you are using shavs you should also incorporate Anger+Clarity+Precison on life and Discipline+HoA on mana. Also, where is your curse?

There is a lot of stuff you can do. For example I'd get better gloves and just eat the miscast. Better weapon. Better mods on flasks.
"
You need to drop the Foible and Mana flask and use some 'damage taken as mana' mods. I use ring+clarity watcher's eye. This will enable you to sustain mana and get way more energy shield and damage on your amulet. Also frees up a slot flask. Also you still have a life flask. You need a Wise Oak and an Atziri's/Cinderswallow.

I was able to sustain mana after using foible but I will try to get another amulet. I am also using watchers eye with Discipline recharge rate but still that was not enough. I also tried discipline with #% of energy shield recover per second but that has worse experience.

I am using energy shield because of high increased energy shield. I am new and not sure what is better increased energy shield vs +To Maximum energy shield ?

"
Since you are using shavs you should also incorporate Anger+Clarity+Precison on life and Discipline+HoA on mana. Also, where is your curse?

I have 1.6K life and I tried to use anger with blood magic but it says not enough life. But I might be able to squeez Precision(Level 1) + HoA on life. Not sure if clarity would fit in.

"
There is a lot of stuff you can do. For example I'd get better gloves and just eat the miscast. Better weapon. Better mods on flasks.

I bought gloves in order to sustain enough damage to spam volatile dead or is that not necessary ?

Thanks for your response first time I am actually trying to improve build by asking question usually I switch character and move on and than do same thing all over again. :)

"
sha587 wrote:

I was able to sustain mana after using foible but I will try to get another amulet. I am also using watchers eye with Discipline recharge rate but still that was not enough. I also tried discipline with #% of energy shield recover per second but that has worse experience.

I am using energy shield because of high increased energy shield. I am new and not sure what is better increased energy shield vs +To Maximum energy shield ?

I have 1.6K life and I tried to use anger with blood magic but it says not enough life. But I might be able to squeez Precision(Level 1) + HoA on life. Not sure if clarity would fit in.

I bought gloves in order to sustain enough damage to spam volatile dead or is that not necessary ?

Thanks for your response first time I am actually trying to improve build by asking question usually I switch character and move on and than do same thing all over again. :)

You can sustain mana, but it isn't optimal, and we are all about taking it to that next level. If you ditch Foible you can get an ammy with over 20% increased energy shield, 40+ max energy shield, crit multi and resists or stats. Makes a huge difference and opens up different gearing options, + the flask is huge. Not to mention how much smoother the gameplay is using the damage taken as mana gained.

Try the damage taken as mana gained on one ring, and the clarity damage taken as mana gained watcher's eye (aim for over 18%). You could put it on your pain circle ring instead of faster recharge rate.

Both max es and increased ES are important. I value the higher total, not one individually. They all go to the same place in the end, your total es pool.

To run Anger on blood magic You'll need a node or two of mana reservation and blood magic to be 20/20 (costs like 10 chaos max). I forgot to mention that. I found that two node were enough, and it cost me three points on the top left of the tree near zealots oath I believe?

It takes 528 damage to set off CWDT. Scolds does 400. If you do it twice it will set the CWDT in motion. But I really had to do that for resists and a rare was my only option, your set up is actually probably better. I just eat that cast that does nothing instead of bothering with increasing mana cost. I've noticed it is slightly slower, but in the grand scheme of things I'm still pushing out 40 balls in 5 seconds.

If you look at my gear I went away from the Shavs option and just went way harder on the ES. Armour + shield are 3.5k ES for me. With purifying flame and stone golem my regen goes over 3k which is twice as much as you need to sustain. That's with no energy shield recovery rate anywhere on my build. Under 1500 es regeneration and you wont sustain ES. I did lose 100k damage, but considering I still do over 320k a ball that damage was just wasted overkill. Way better off even at 150k a ball if your survivability is higher and your gameplay is smoother.
Last edited by Scarecrow1990 on Aug 6, 2019, 2:35:30 AM

Thanks for your suggestion. My regen problem has gone now I can sustain easily but I am still grinding so finger crossed. All is left is to buy better wand or scepter.

Thanks for awesome build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info