[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

I have to thank you for you build. After a big break from poe (my last league was prophecy and started to play again by the end of betrayal league) In Synthesis I finished every possible content and the bosses with your build. Though cortex lvl 83 and uber elder were still pretty hard. Not only that I reached lvl 100 but and completed all the challenges 40/40! Though I didn't necessary followed everything the same like explained in your build but in the end its still ended up quite nicely and the crazy thing i could still upgrade my equipment for the better dps. I could afford better equipment like onslaught boot etc but at that point I saw no point in upgrading the equipment. Anyway, thank you for your build.
"
Tahreyn wrote:
"
Milamber9 wrote:
From the dev manifesto that was posted recently:
"Herald of Agony has had its minion damage per Virulence reduced, as the skill provided a huge amount of power for very little passive investment."

Does anyone know enough details to make a call on if that will kill this build? I had planned on playing it again in 3.7.

Unless they really gut it it hopefully shouldn't reduce the damage by too much, you'll might want to get some extra minion dmg nodes or prioritise minion damage on your weapon though.

"
Herald of Agony
Now causes Agony Crawler to deal 6% increased physical damage per virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 10%), up to 12% at gem level 20 (from 19%).

I would say they gutted this build for end game. Basically 480% down from 760% or now it does 66% of the damage it did...
rip

also sad because the build was fun and far from op.
stupid HoAg bow builds forced GGGs nerfhammer
"
Nekar1869 wrote:
"
Tahreyn wrote:
"
Milamber9 wrote:
From the dev manifesto that was posted recently:
"Herald of Agony has had its minion damage per Virulence reduced, as the skill provided a huge amount of power for very little passive investment."

Does anyone know enough details to make a call on if that will kill this build? I had planned on playing it again in 3.7.

Unless they really gut it it hopefully shouldn't reduce the damage by too much, you'll might want to get some extra minion dmg nodes or prioritise minion damage on your weapon though.

"
Herald of Agony
Now causes Agony Crawler to deal 6% increased physical damage per virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 10%), up to 12% at gem level 20 (from 19%).

I would say they gutted this build for end game. Basically 480% down from 760% or now it does 66% of the damage it did...

You have to add in +XXX% increased minion damage in the equation though.

Let's say we have +200% increased minion damage we get (480+200)/(760/200)=71%

Could this build survive doing 71% of the damage it did earlier ? (havn't played it myself)

Trying to decide what to start out with for SSF, and going duelist I could always respec when i got some shit to play around with.
Plan is to grab a +2 helm and run cyclone in a tabula with curse on hit, add a holy relic or somethin on top.

Other than the damage-nerf, i feel that the build got mostly buffs with molten shell, possibly faster and other things.
"
Ginboy wrote:
I have to thank you for you build. After a big break from poe (my last league was prophecy and started to play again by the end of betrayal league) In Synthesis I finished every possible content and the bosses with your build. Though cortex lvl 83 and uber elder were still pretty hard. Not only that I reached lvl 100 but and completed all the challenges 40/40! Though I didn't necessary followed everything the same like explained in your build but in the end its still ended up quite nicely and the crazy thing i could still upgrade my equipment for the better dps. I could afford better equipment like onslaught boot etc but at that point I saw no point in upgrading the equipment. Anyway, thank you for your build.

Congratulations to 100 and completing all challenges! I'm glad that you've enjoyed the build and that the guide was helpful to you :)

"
Nekar1869 wrote:

It's more like ~950 down to ~670, you'll need to add the other sources of increased damage too. It's still a big nerf to the damage, but not quite as bad as 1/3.

In terms of actual damage. You'll still be able to hit 1m+ dps with the recommended setup, which is still a good number. Another effect of virulence providing less increased damage is that now it might actually be worth finding jewels and rings that has minions deals increased damage mods on them.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
chockdoo wrote:

You have to add in +XXX% increased minion damage in the equation though.

Let's say we have +200% increased minion damage we get (480+200)/(760/200)=71%

Could this build survive doing 71% of the damage it did earlier ? (havn't played it myself)

Trying to decide what to start out with for SSF, and going duelist I could always respec when i got some shit to play around with.
Plan is to grab a +2 helm and run cyclone in a tabula with curse on hit, add a holy relic or somethin on top.

Other than the damage-nerf, i feel that the build got mostly buffs with molten shell, possibly faster and other things.

Looks like you beat me to the punch ;)

The damage nerf will be noticeable, but it should still be a strong build on which you can reach 1m+ dps with some investment (even in ssf).
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
Tahreyn wrote:

It's more like ~950 down to ~670, you'll need to add the other sources of increased damage too. It's still a big nerf to the damage, but not quite as bad as 1/3.

In terms of actual damage. You'll still be able to hit 1m+ dps with the recommended setup, which is still a good number. Another effect of virulence providing less increased damage is that now it might actually be worth finding jewels and rings that has minions deals increased damage mods on them.

34% or 950-670 (ie 29.5%) is Apples or apples. Big nerf, that hits lower geared toons more. Noticed some changes might help in other areas for this build, so maybe not dead...just gutted until really geared?

Was a great build to play last league, Thanks again for the build! Hoping you got some ideas for updating for 3.7! Would love it if you threw in some budget ideas for us. I wasn't able to farm the 20+ex for the 1m recommended setup gear, so I focused on budget sales(+3 helm for 1ex instead of 10+ex chest, ect).
Last edited by Nekar1869 on Jun 6, 2019, 8:54:32 AM
Its viable this build in 3.7?

crap, just got my last piece to reach the final form :(
hi, thank you for this build.

https://pastebin.com/GMqEgG6R

was able to do my first ever shaper kill and level to 96. i have played this game casually for a long time but only ever made very budget builds. i cruised through last league with this build using advancing fortress, hoa ring and rare armour with 7 block crafted on it.

when league rebooted i crafted the gemini claw and adjusted the tree to gain my 83 block (pob doesnt recognise red nightmare block).

seems this build is still endgame viable.

EDIT : any tips for beating uber elder ?
Last edited by porkdinner on Jun 14, 2019, 10:08:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info