[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

"
Tahreyn wrote:
"
Constermock wrote:
Is there a specific advantage for going with the abyssal cry version of the high budget vs the higher damage one? Also noticed your tree looks a bit different from the abyssal cry one. Is it more optimized with the new league and just hasn't been updated or just more specific to you? Been getting all the gear and fixing to start leveling it. Have pretty much everything I need and rolled pretty well (Not super high well but pretty good) so just looking for the best path. Thanks for the help. Oh, only thing I don't have is the red nightmare if that helps.

The Abyssal Cry come in handy for large packs that the crawler otherwise would be able to 1 shot, and also to kill off a few would be stragglers. I've been using it quite a lot this league and I recommend using it as long as you don't mind pressing a button every few seconds. I will make an update to all the setups further on, although I don't know quite yet when. If you want you can always look "BombasticStickLauncher" at my profile for how I currently imagine the high budget setup. The Red Nightmare you can get for less than 2 exalts if you find the red dream cheap (do a search with only chaos prices and you'll find ones cheaper than 1 ex), and then you can find a blessing of chayula for just about 1 ex too. It'll be a really nice upgrade :)

Yeah i've been checking your profile. I ended up already going the route you mentioned with the red dream and got both it and chayula for 1 ex each. Using a stygian instead of deceiver though. I'm still leveling 2 enlighten so I can't do the generosity setup yet and still using essence worm. Once I can do that i'll replace the rings. Only thing I haven't been able to get is a good pair of gloves with 5% block damage, mine only have 3. I don't suppose you'd sell yours for cheap :D. All in all though it's been a fun build. I'm enjoying it more than I expected. Once I can replace essence worm get 2 rings with life on them and make use of the life I have on the tree I expect to be quite tanky.
Oh, and last question. Were you still using belt of the deceiver? you're missing like 47 dex for the chest so I wasn't sure if you used deceiver or a belt with buttload of dex on it.
Last edited by Constermock on Jan 4, 2019, 4:01:05 PM
"
Kimbroslice wrote:
So even if I have access to empower lvl 4 it's still better to use a 4G 1B 1R calamity and slot in vile toxins toxins instead? I double check in pob and it says vile toxins is better than empower lvl 4 but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Empower 4 is BiS for the 6th slot. It's another thing that will be made clear when next I update the build guide. If you dare / can afford it you can always corrupt the body armour in order to get a +1 to socketed gems ;)

"
Constermock wrote:

Yeah i've been checking your profile. I ended up already going the route you mentioned with the red dream and got both it and chayula for 1 ex each. Using a stygian instead of deceiver though. I'm still leveling 2 enlighten so I can't do the generosity setup yet and still using essence worm. Once I can do that i'll replace the rings. Only thing I haven't been able to get is a good pair of gloves with 5% block damage, mine only have 3. I don't suppose you'd sell yours for cheap :D. All in all though it's been a fun build. I'm enjoying it more than I expected. Once I can replace essence worm get 2 rings with life on them and make use of the life I have on the tree I expect to be quite tanky.
Oh, and last question. Were you still using belt of the deceiver? you're missing like 47 dex for the chest so I wasn't sure if you used deceiver or a belt with buttload of dex on it.

I've been using a Headhunter lately with that character, so that's where I get the dex I need ;) If you're willing to use blood magic in your cyclone setup then you don't actually need the enlighten, so you might want to consider that option as well.

I'm still not finished with the character so I'm sticking with my gloves for now ^_^ I've been giving a few 6l'd calamity's to the temple with the hopes of getting a +1 to socketed gems, which would make a pretty nice dmg improvement in combination with an emp4. I also need to craft myself a better claw, but when that is done then I can be content with the gear on it.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
"
Tahreyn wrote:

"
Constermock wrote:

I've been using a Headhunter lately with that character, so that's where I get the dex I need ;) If you're willing to use blood magic in your cyclone setup then you don't actually need the enlighten, so you might want to consider that option as well.

I'm still not finished with the character so I'm sticking with my gloves for now ^_^ I've been giving a few 6l'd calamity's to the temple with the hopes of getting a +1 to socketed gems, which would make a pretty nice dmg improvement in combination with an emp4. I also need to craft myself a better claw, but when that is done then I can be content with the gear on it.

I've checked the generosity/hatred setup numerous times and always though generosity had a mana multiplier on it and that's why I needed an enlighten. I've had cyclone on blood magic this whole time thinking you did too. I forgot to take off essence worm each time and that was why I couldn't do it. Generosity has no mana multiplier. Holy shit I feel stupid lol. Means I can finally activate elemental equilibrium. I'm assuming I need a ring with some kind of elemental damage range other than cold to proc that for the crawler yes? I've been leveling two enlightens so when I finally get them max and get a lucky vaal (It's totally going to happen) I can throw fortify on cyclone. I've been waiting to replace my rings for so long which means I can add a shit ton of health as well. Thanks for making me realize the generosity mistake I was making lol.
GOOD build killed Uber Elder

thx dude
"
Constermock wrote:

I've checked the generosity/hatred setup numerous times and always though generosity had a mana multiplier on it and that's why I needed an enlighten. I've had cyclone on blood magic this whole time thinking you did too. I forgot to take off essence worm each time and that was why I couldn't do it. Generosity has no mana multiplier. Holy shit I feel stupid lol. Means I can finally activate elemental equilibrium. I'm assuming I need a ring with some kind of elemental damage range other than cold to proc that for the crawler yes? I've been leveling two enlightens so when I finally get them max and get a lucky vaal (It's totally going to happen) I can throw fortify on cyclone. I've been waiting to replace my rings for so long which means I can add a shit ton of health as well. Thanks for making me realize the generosity mistake I was making lol.

I tend to swap between BM and Fortify in my cyclone setup depending on what I do, and put the other one in my shield charge setup. BM for mapping and Fortify for bossing.

You're right in that you'll need to get some piece of gear that gives you some fire or lightning damage, i think that's still one of the things I need to fix on my char. That character is still a work in progress, so if you find something strange with it that's probably the reason ;). If you're willing to sacrifice a jewel socket you can get X lightning/fire to attacks there too.

"
nynek1337 wrote:
GOOD build killed Uber Elder

thx dude

Great job on the über kill!
Builds:

25 ex is good for this?
"
justhellhound wrote:

25 ex is good for this?

The colours isn't optimal, but I'd guess it's a dmg upgrade either way if you use a emp4. You can easily check the difference in PoB.
Builds:
what about using The golden rule? Poison yourself eachtime you poison a enemy. We are immune to posion thanks to the patheon
"
zj0ckez wrote:
what about using The golden rule? Poison yourself eachtime you poison a enemy. We are immune to posion thanks to the patheon

Immunity to poison would mean that you can't apply poison stacks to yourself, hence you won't get any chaos res from the jewel. What would happen is that you'd apply bleeding to yourself all the time though :(
Builds:
"
Kimbroslice wrote:
So even if I have access to empower lvl 4 it's still better to use a 4G 1B 1R calamity and slot in vile toxins toxins instead? I double check in pob and it says vile toxins is better than empower lvl 4 but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Empower is better. It's effect on DPS is immediate and unaffected by having actually hit the monster. The unwritten end of empower's benefit is that it increases the monster level of the crawler and its base accuracy along with it (assuming the crawler's accuracy functions as every other minion's does), increasing hit chance and making all the % based accuracy nodes we pick up on the tree that much better.

If you've a chest with +1 to socketed gems, empower is definitely better.
Last edited by Thukker on Jan 7, 2019, 3:00:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info