[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

I made this. I can't really figure out how to calculate the difference in DPS in PoB, but I assume it would work okay?
"
Llyrain wrote:

Thank you for your answer and help.

The idea with Elemental Equilibrium is good - and I think scaling damage another way than just adding minion damage% from tree can help. But skilling %minion accuracy should help since they hit very bad without hit support.

What's about getting some bleed% and using a bloodlust support gem, the strongest more multiplicator gem? For normal monsters the damage should be good enough anyway, and bosses can get some extra damage. It's only a 125% gem, so it could be used.

I don't have a hatred now becaus of not finding the ring needed for it.

Enhancing it with EE won't work anyhow, since it would add cold damage to cyclone so it's even contra productive. But enhancing the added fire damage with a small lighing damage for weapons enchant on a ring / amu should work fine.

I use Hatred linked to generosity, so EE works for me. :P

Bloodlust only works with melee attacks, Agony minion uses projectiles. Would be cool though because we naturally have chance to bleed from ascendancy.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Oct 25, 2018, 9:43:05 PM
"

I made this. I can't really figure out how to calculate the difference in DPS in PoB, but I assume it would work okay?

That helmet should be comparable to the dmg you'd get with a 5L Calamity.

Unfortunately there is no way to see the crawlers damage in PoB at the moment. I heard that Openarl had managed to get some updated minion figures from GGG and will be implementing those into PoB. It wasn't clear from what I read for which minions it was he got the figures for, but we can only hope that he has, or will get, the numbers for the Crawler as well.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
PoB just got updated with minion damage (Herald of Agony included). Your pastebin default Herald of Agony does 24700 base dps with the tail spikes, whereas linked in my helm it deals 23000. Is the difference in damage and having Herald of Purity worth sacrificing another chest piece with greater defensive stats and/or a separate 6L for the stacking skill?
"
Tahreyn wrote:
"

That helmet should be comparable to the dmg you'd get with a 5L Calamity.

Unfortunately there is no way to see the crawlers damage in PoB at the moment. I heard that Openarl had managed to get some updated minion figures from GGG and will be implementing those into PoB. It wasn't clear from what I read for which minions it was he got the figures for, but we can only hope that he has, or will get, the numbers for the Crawler as well.

All minions :).

Let's go calculating a round or 2 :).
"
Llyrain wrote:

All minions :).

Let's go calculating a round or 2 :).

Sweet. PoB has been updated as well. :)

Edit:
Time to start working on an overhaul for all the setups.
Builds:
Last edited by Tahreyn on Oct 26, 2018, 8:53:34 AM
Updated the PoB links and did some other minor tweaks to the guide.

Vile Toxins & Empower 4 give about the same damage output, so either can be used for your setups. Empower 4 is the slightly superior choice as it is more consistent and if you manage to get a +1 to socketed gems body armour then Empower 4 will be BiS.

My regular high budget setup seems to have around 1 million dps, which was more than what I had expected.

I played around a bit in PoB to see how far I could push the build while keeping its defences intact, and I managed to get it up to 2.4m dps without using mirror worty items (although some of the changes would be quite expensive).
Builds:
Last edited by Tahreyn on Oct 26, 2018, 10:31:18 AM
"
Tahreyn wrote:
Updated the PoB links and did some other minor tweaks to the guide.

Vile Toxins & Empower 4 give about the same damage output, so either can be used for your setups. Empower 4 is the slightly superior choice as it is more consistent and if you manage to get a +1 to socketed gems body armour then Empower 4 will be BiS.

My regular high budget setup seems to have around 1 million dps, which was more than what I had expected.

I played around a bit in PoB to see how far I could push the build while keeping its defences intact, and I managed to get it up to 2.4m dps without using mirror worty items (although some of the changes would be quite expensive).

yo, what would be the expensive changes leading to such massive dps boost?
Im way too hyped that PoB has updated. I even went home during my lunch break to play with it.

Things that it has allowed me to quantify a few things that I was testing in the past.

Frenzy charges on minions from victario's charity gives me over 200k dps on shaper/elder. I shouldnt be too surprised since it is a more multiplier and gives increased attack speed, but its a huge dps boost thats probably worth the low block chance/life. I will be reworking my gloves/gems/tree so I can max out my block chance before situational buffs while still wearing victario's.

Herald of Purity adds significant damage even without damage supports. With Purity - Withering Touch - Culling strike in my weapon (multistrike/poison) I get 25k damage per minion with withering and culling utility. Also they stack wither up fairly well since they have 13k health and 4.3 attacks per second. They should account for ~4 stacks of wither on bosses. I havent tested it since they buffed them to spawn from rare mobs, so it probably feels much better now too.

Vile Toxins - Im not sure why I didnt think of this gem before. With a cyclone attack speed of 6.44, I poison an enemy 12.88 times per second with just cyclone. Purity minions will provide 10-15 more poisons per second. With the base poison duration of 2 seconds, i easily hit the max stack of 9 (10 at 21) poisons on the target. That easily outscales Maim for me since I already have maim from the glad ascendancy. This will be a complete pain to recolor my Coming Calamity, but i may just do it on a spare one.

"
DrDurdle wrote:

yo, what would be the expensive changes leading to such massive dps boost?

Nothing too fancy actually.
+1 Corrupted Calamity
A claw with Intimidate on hit & Minion Damage
An helmet with -9% to chaos resistance
Victario's Charity for frenzy charges

Combining this with some other changes:
Tweaked the tree & jewels to keep 83/83 block with Victario's shield.
Removed Herald of Purity & Essence worm and uses Hatred + Generosity together with Elemental Equilibrium.
Swapped out Cyclone for Molten Strike to reliably get 10-15 stacks of wither.

"
ADM0N wrote:
Im way too hyped that PoB has updated. I even went home during my lunch break to play with it.

Things that it has allowed me to quantify a few things that I was testing in the past.

Frenzy charges on minions from victario's charity gives me over 200k dps on shaper/elder. I shouldnt be too surprised since it is a more multiplier and gives increased attack speed, but its a huge dps boost thats probably worth the low block chance/life. I will be reworking my gloves/gems/tree so I can max out my block chance before situational buffs while still wearing victario's.

Minions have a more powerful version of the charges, which is why they make such a big difference here. See https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Charge#Effects_on_Monsters_and_Minions for all the numbers.

You'll probably need to get a jewel or two with +1% block as well in order to keep keep it at 83%

"
ADM0N wrote:

Vile Toxins - Im not sure why I didnt think of this gem before. With a cyclone attack speed of 6.44, I poison an enemy 12.88 times per second with just cyclone. Purity minions will provide 10-15 more poisons per second. With the base poison duration of 2 seconds, i easily hit the max stack of 9 (10 at 21) poisons on the target. That easily outscales Maim for me since I already have maim from the glad ascendancy. This will be a complete pain to recolor my Coming Calamity, but i may just do it on a spare one.

It took me quite some time to even remember that Vile Toxins existed in the game, so you shouldn't feel bad about not thinking of it earlier :P I'll certainly keep it in mind for future builds as well.
Builds:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info