[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
sekksy wrote:
...How can we make the relics a little more beefy? I have minion life socketed already....
I'm considering Holy Relic for the 5L/6L slot but in the meantime the OP's guide has many Minion health/regen/res/leech nodes easily in reach on the tree.
"
tainium wrote:

"
Mooginator wrote:
What's the 6th link we put for Herald of Agony?
He lists it on the OP :)

Ahh thanks! Any feedback on DoFL vs Vile Toxins? Since each requires a different color slot, I'm thinking Vile Toxins will be the best choice since it'll have a greater impact on single target/boss fights?
All that and a bag of chips!
For those of you that have leveled with this build, what are you doing to sustain mana pre-72 when we can use the gemini claw? Thief's Torment?
"
Chrysaetos wrote:
For those of you that have leveled with this build, what are you doing to sustain mana pre-72 when we can use the gemini claw? Thief's Torment?

Just use a lower level Mana hit claw prior to Gemini - they work just fine. Until 53 you can't use the heralds in full so you only reserve ~80% (or less) of mana. You also take the nodes (Tireless) for reduced mana cost. You can also use the Mana leech belt. I just used one -8 Praxis ring (from 22 onward) and never had an issue.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Sep 20, 2018, 4:49:00 PM
Just a question: why do I need %chance to taunt on belt's jewel when I use Herald of Agony that has the mod "minions can't taunt enemies" ?

Besides that, the build seems pretty strong (and new) !
"
Mooginator wrote:
This build is ... amazing. Completed the story in <8 hours and Eternal lab at L79 (cake). One of the most fun (and powerful) builds I've played in PoE. Granted I'm only L81 (just created the character last night) I look forward to seeing how it performs with DEEP delves and such.

The one thing I'd be interested in is adjustments to min/max... Would love to see a new PoB posted with the "best of everything" for the build - but given it did shaper at L82 without eternal lab - that's awesome. And once you get Eternal lab, it's amazing!

Just stay away from the 1-shot bosses like Atoll or Plateau - there's so much on the screen going on you can't see the boss 1-shot attack "notifiers".

For those who are interested (and if the author wants to adjust the leveling section) below are my notes on how I leveled (including the order of nodes). Worked beautifully - and yes, this build ROCKS as a league starter.

(Mooginator's leveling notes)

1: 2x Brightbeak
1: Goldrim
1: Lochtonial
1: Wanderlust
1: Tabula
1: Sidhebreath
10: 2x Princess
16: Perandus Blazon
22: Praxis

1: Smite
4: Smite+AC+Lesser Poison

1: Spiritual Command
2: RIghteous Decree
3: Spiritual Aid
4: Constitution
5: Gravepact
6: Resolute Technique
7: Barbarism
8: Berserking
9: Heart of the Warrior
10: Master of the Arena
11: Art of the Gladiator
12: Golem's Blood
13: Quick Recovery
14: Tireless

Helm: Cyc+Fort+Poi+LGoH
Boots: Relic+MinDam+MinLif+CD
Gloves: HoP+MinDam+Ruth
Chest: HoA+MinDam+SPhan+Pierce

Use Bismuth Flask at beginning
L38: Resist Amulet, Shield
Take 1 +30 Dex Node, 1 +30 Int node (refund later)

Hey, thanks so much for posting your leveling notes! I haven't had so much time in the last couple of days, but the leveling section is the next thing I'll be working on for sure and will have a look at this in further detail at that time.

Just to clarify, I did have Eternal (Uber) lab when I killed Shaper - I did Uber lab at level 72!! I actually recorded the final phase Izaro, check it out here.
"
LewsTherin wrote:
Just a question: why do I need %chance to taunt on belt's jewel when I use Herald of Agony that has the mod "minions can't taunt enemies" ?

Besides that, the build seems pretty strong (and new) !

Hey, thanks for checking out the build!

That line on Herald of Agony is local to the minion summoned by the gem (Agony Crawler). The taunt is only really for bosses, so we have Sentinels of Purity (from Herald of Purity) for that.
After a few days playing this build, and gearing it. I can honestly say I can't find anything that can outright kill me. I can facetank all guardians regardless of mods, uber izaro, anything really. The damage is bonkers, things die in like seconds. I changed my second ring to an unset and I am running blood rage, and I'm going to use the rest of my points 92+ for endurance charges. I changed to haste over hatred as well because it speeds up clear and honestly, we just dont need the extra damage, not to mention vaal haste is amazing. If anyone is interested in seeing what I've done here is my pob.

https://pastebin.com/KtbMhseY
Last edited by Microdia on Sep 20, 2018, 6:29:16 PM
"
Mooginator wrote:
"
Chrysaetos wrote:

Just use a lower level Mana hit claw prior to Gemini - they work just fine. Until 53 you can't use the heralds in full so you only reserve ~80% (or less) of mana. You also take the nodes (Tireless) for reduced mana cost. You can also use the Mana leech belt. I just used one -8 Praxis ring (from 22 onward) and never had an issue.

Yeah, just to expand on this.. You can get a Twin Claw which can be used from level 57 - grab some attack speed on this and you're good to go! As Mooginator said, we take a few reduced mana cost nodes which are pretty important, so make sure you have those.
"
tainium wrote:
"
sekksy wrote:
...How can we make the relics a little more beefy? I have minion life socketed already....
I'm considering Holy Relic for the 5L/6L slot but in the meantime the OP's guide has many Minion health/regen/res/leech nodes easily in reach on the tree.

I haven't tested it yet, but Empower 3+ (especially if you've got relic in Geofri's Legacy) might be a good solution here. You can replace Minion Damage or Controlled Destruction to have a more mixed life/damage support gem, or replace Minion Life to see how it is. Otherwise, it's possible to get some more minion life on tree, but I wouldn't recommend this until you've taken as many personal life nodes as you can. I've only ever had issues with Relics dying against T16+ large area damage, and you can be aware of this when it happens and resummon as required. The build is super smooth in its playstyle and keeping an eye on your Relics summoned isn't a big deal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info