[3.4]Soulwrest in Peace - A Dirt Cheap Summon Phantasms Build - Shaper Down w/ Video

"
Camaron wrote:

Spoiler
Looks like a very nice bvuild, Gona try it.
I have some questions, is slower projectile more damage over faster projectiles? Spell echo works on phantasms?

Ty

Slower Projectiles has a More multiplier on it, which means it increases our damage much more than a gem with just "increased damage" on it, and we only use Slower Projectiles on Bosses. I'd probably slot Faster Projectiles on certain boss fights, though, just because being closer, the minions will die quicker. Phoenix is a good example of this, but even then I've done fine with Slower Projectiles on, so, really up to you. Faster Projectiles does let us hit more of the screen, but I've noticed it's fairly unnecessary.

Spell Echo does not appear to work with Phantasms.

"
Aflictions1 wrote:
Spoiler
Is taste of hate necessary for conversion or you just got it for the defensive part?
Got soulwrest today and this build looks juicy, but I dont htink I can afford taste

It doesn't really do anything conversion-wise, I just have it as a defensive flask against Physical since we are pretty squishy. And as I mentioned, my flasks are what they are because I'm just lazy and haven't really looked into what I "should" be running.

"
_loki wrote:
Spoiler
Cool idea for a build. I've noticed that Dominating Blow also triggers this skill, meaning there's a synergy to build around it and Dominating Blow. I'm currently running a Herald of Purity + DB build but wanted to try more minion spam so I bought a Soulwrest. It works with DB, which means you can summon a ton of minions and the duration buffs which help DB also apply to the Summon Phantasm.

Neat, I'll have to look into that.
Ah too bad about spell echo

Ele focus and faster casting work on it, so kinda weird spell echo doesnt

Which will be better damage if i am not converting any dmg, faster casting or ele focus?
Also whats the point of converting damage?

Sorry kind of new to this phantasm
"
Camaron wrote:
Spoiler
Ah too bad about spell echo

Ele focus and faster casting work on it, so kinda weird spell echo doesnt

Which will be better damage if i am not converting any dmg, faster casting or ele focus?
Also whats the point of converting damage?

Sorry kind of new to this phantasm

Yeah, I'm not certain why Spell Echo doesn't seem to work on it. Kind of strange.

If you aren't converting, probably I'd do Added Fire + Controlled Destruction in place of Phys to Light and Ele Focus. Also drop Wrath because it doesn't do anything for us anymore, which gives us an open Aura to use as we please.

I decided to convert so I could use EE and increase our damage by Penetration and using Wrath's more Multiplier for lightning spell damage. Not using Phys to Light may be better, but that's just the route I went with it because why not.
Ok ty gona use CD and added fire

Wish i could check the dmg on phantasms but path of building doesnt work on them sadly
Ah forgot to ask, will Controlled Destruction still work if i dont convert dmg to elemental?

I am using phantasm-added fire-slower proj-minion dmg- Controlled Destruction

Which would be the best 6 link support to get more dmg vs bosses?
"
thegrocerygod wrote:
I've been running Carnage on both Spectres for now, but I've been considering running a Power Charge Chieftain to see how that goes. I've noticed with just one Carnage, it doesn't keep our minions at 3 Frenzy, but it may just be because I'm using Flesh Offering too often and it resummons our dudes.

I have a second staff I'll be slotting my GMP setup in because I feel much the same.

And yeah, if you attach the Summon Phantasm on Kill Support to an actual skill, you can change it to look at the minions. But they seem to be marked as a Melee Attacking Minion, because in PoB things like Melee Physical and Elemental Damage with Attacks show damage increases on the Phantasms, but Projectile and Spell supports seem to do nothing. But using that, I was able to kind of "estimate" what the damage might look like. No idea how accurate it may or may not be, though, so that's a bummer. But for now, I think it's the best we have where that's concerned (if what PoB has is even accurate on that Minion).

Yeah, having looked at them again tonight, it seems like they'll have both charges maxed in areas where you're sitting there (delve encounters, bosses) but not when you're running around. Having two CC's seems to be the best way to keep full frenzies up.

I got the weapon swap up and was a little happy that the phantoms don't vanish; they just get replaced by the new single target duders. Not a big deal at all considering you'd have to resummon them anyways if they did vanish. A weapon skin swap is needed for me to stop forgetting to change back, though ;)
"
Camaron wrote:
Spoiler
Ah forgot to ask, will Controlled Destruction still work if i dont convert dmg to elemental?

I am using phantasm-added fire-slower proj-minion dmg- Controlled Destruction

Which would be the best 6 link support to get more dmg vs bosses?

Controlled destruction doesn't deal with elemental damage, it deals with spell damage, so no worries there.

So setups would be as following:
For Clearing
Phantasm, + Added Fire + Controlled Destruction + Minion Damage + Faster Casting + GMP

For Bossing just swap out GMP with Slower Projectiles.
Last edited by thegrocerygod on Sep 11, 2018, 11:40:53 PM
Have you checked the dude on delve ladder at depth 600 with necro and this build but some modification. I am using his build. But got no idea what pantheon better to use. His main defence mechanic is spell blocking. IN staff he uses GMP - CD - Faster proj - added fire - summon phantasm - minion damage. Also he is using zombies and vaal skeletons. Pretty good must say, but killing bosses is annoying. Any comments on it?
Hey budd, which map do you use to summon ur Carnage Chieftain?
"
Hey budd, which map do you use to summon ur Carnage Chieftain?

You can get them from the riverways in act 2. Just get one and then go to a high tier map and desecrate until you get it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info