[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

Speaking of which...check out the douche price fixer w/ Hatred reserves no mana Aul's. Same guy, two of the same amulet, two different prices, and doesn't reply.

What's it like to be a slimy piece of trash? Ugh, trading in this game.
juntar
"
juntar wrote:
I've been looking around for some pretty neat summoner builds and have decided to go with this one.

Also, with the recent buff to summon skeletons, I will be going for 6 link skeletons for single target.

The path that I am opting to go for is Mind Over Matter since I won't be using a Kaoms.

Any suggestions on what my end game armor should be or examples of a level 90 PoB with MoM?

Great build by the way!

Hey at the moment I'm using an offhand 5l summon skeleton for single target, it's working ok I guess. I went with a 5l so I could keep 21 phantasms up at the same time. Ah as for mom your abyssal jewels will be mana + hp + some minion damage modifier. The tree will be similar, but you'll just need to balance mana with how much HP you've currently got. Damage taken Gained as mana is not super useful as it doesn't function from full hp + full mana.

It's 20% damage resistance if you're down 20% mana, so not the absolute best unfortunately. Having said that, in practice it's probably different. I haven't really explored the mom route but I'd try grab either [% damage taken from mana] or [%increased mana recovery] as my go to mods. The ultimate (probably?) watchers eye being %chaos res + %phys taken as cold/fire + %damage taken from mana with a Cloak of defiance, that's like 50% damage taken as mana? again, needs number crunching. I'm also probably using rose tinted glasses. Belly of the beast will still work well.

Good luck, and tell me how you go :)

DamageIncororated
"

Hey dude, thought I'd reply with my thoughts cuz I'm doing the same.

I got a
so the build can go as normal...while reserving no mana and serve MoM well. Get at least two Might of the Meeks and you'll get not only a lot of HP but optionall a good chunk of mana out of the deal too.

Don't forget Grip of the Council! Thats a good buff. I splurged and got a well rolled one to try to alliviate as much as possible the glove's lack of HP.

Hey I thought about using Aul's for the longest time, you'd be able to push some nice HP numbers with it but ultimately I think 20% spell block is just too much to pass up, but I can see auls working better in a pure dps setup. Hatred + crit chance would be interesting.

Hope you're enjoying it.
"
Speaking of which...check out the douche price fixer w/ Hatred reserves no mana Aul's. Same guy, two of the same amulet, two different prices, and doesn't reply.

What's it like to be a slimy piece of trash? Ugh, trading in this game.

Yeah I was kind of annoyed too, but then they buffed AUL's spawn rate so it should in theory get cheaper hah.
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
Damage taken Gained as mana is not super useful as it doesn't function from full hp + full mana.

It's 20% damage resistance if you're down 20% mana, so not the absolute best unfortunately. Having said that, in practice it's probably different. I haven't really explored the mom route but I'd try grab either [% damage taken from mana] or [%increased mana recovery] as my go to mods. The ultimate (probably?) watchers eye being %chaos res + %phys taken as cold/fire + %damage taken from mana with a Cloak of defiance, that's like 50% damage taken as mana? again, needs number crunching. I'm also probably using rose tinted glasses. Belly of the beast will still work well.

Hey man,

Ya...I mean, I knew it wasn't best option and it was cheap...and you do have me thinking. I mean, froma purely damage mitigation stand point, ya more damage taken from mana on top of Mom is GG, but 20% of damage gained as mana is HUGE mana regen. Like really huge. While leveling I took Maligaro's hits like a boss, and you really see the mana regen. I know act 4 doesn't exactly matter but I thought it a valid example.

Hmm...what to do.
welp

only 60 chaos, may as well...sort it out later.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 5, 2018, 1:57:26 PM
"
juntar wrote:
Interesting!

It's been a long time since i've played, how exactly does Might of the Meek work?

Also, are you doing a hybrid ES/LIFE with MOM with that Neck, or are you simply using that neck so you won't have to reserve anything with Purity of Elements?

So far, I am only using Hatred in a Essence Worm and a Clarity.

To go along with what other's have said, Meek doubles the small nodes and removes the medium nodes and doesnt touch the really big nodes. It's really effective near the scion health square as two of them overlap. Three of the HP nodes go from 5 -> 10%, four go from 5 -> 7, the large node doesn't get hit. 25% max hp for two jewels, gucci.

You also net gain 8% all res, 20 str, 0.7% life regen. The duration and minion damage kind of balances out too. Another strong candidate is just below the Scion health square as it hits a few of the marauder hp nodes, and buffs a fair bit of str. Remembering 2 str = 1 max life.
"
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
Damage taken Gained as mana is not super useful as it doesn't function from full hp + full mana.

Hey man,

Ya...I mean, I knew it wasn't best option and it was cheap...and you do have me thinking. I mean, froma purely damage mitigation stand point, ya more damage taken from mana on top of Mom is GG, but 20% of damage gained as mana is HUGE mana regen. Like really huge. While leveling I took Maligaro's hits like a boss, and you really see the mana regen. I know act 4 doesn't exactly matter but I thought it a valid example.

Hmm...what to do.

In my opinion, this game is mostly just "try not get one shot". Most defenses are there to stop that really spikey damage. That's the main reason I've gone pure hp, forbidden taste is rediculous - 9k instant pot sign me up.

I believe Battle rouse down near the maurauder area would probably be enough for little hits 3% is fine. I also don't think it works against degens (could be wrong though - haven't tested nor asked). If I die in a delve it's either a 1 shot or those cold ground degens.

Another thing to think of, If you're at say 6k hp or ~8.4k ehp with cloak. You get hit from full life and mana down to say 1k. You've now got an effective hp of ~1.6k instead of 1.4k. Probably not enough to save you, however if you had the 10% damage from mana before life watchers eye. You'd have 9k EHP, and when you hit 1k you'd have 1.5k ehp. Slightly less at the bottom end but a huge difference at the top end.

Feel free to correct my crummy napkin math too hah
"
Stagsnetti wrote:

In my opinion, this game is mostly just "try not get one shot". Most defenses are there to stop that really spikey damage. That's the main reason I've gone pure hp, forbidden taste is rediculous - 9k instant pot sign me up.

I believe Battle rouse down near the maurauder area would probably be enough for little hits 3% is fine. I also don't think it works against degens (could be wrong though - haven't tested nor asked). If I die in a delve it's either a 1 shot or those cold ground degens.

Another thing to think of, If you're at say 6k hp or ~8.4k ehp with cloak. You get hit from full life and mana down to say 1k. You've now got an effective hp of ~1.6k instead of 1.4k. Probably not enough to save you, however if you had the 10% damage from mana before life watchers eye. You'd have 9k EHP, and when you hit 1k you'd have 1.5k ehp. Slightly less at the bottom end but a huge difference at the top end.

Feel free to correct my crummy napkin math too hah

Nope not going to correct you, I agree with your thoughts completely. Thanks!
Thanks so much for the build & guide. I've been playing it for over a week and I love it.

I'm using belly of the beast because Kaom's is so expensive and losing those sockets would be sad. I also can't afford might of the meek yet.

I'm pretty new and have been working on red map atlas completion and haven't had any problems or deaths. I killed Atziri so fast she just went straight into clone phases and never casted anything.

I am struggling with getting enough Dex to level my green gems. I might pick up a +30 passive but that feels wasteful.

I'm also trying to decide if I should switch the faster casting linked with offerings to Vaal haste.

Anyway I learned a lot about the build and mechanics from this thread so thanks again.
"
parabolicity wrote:
Thanks so much for the build & guide. I've been playing it for over a week and I love it.

I'm using belly of the beast because Kaom's is so expensive and losing those sockets would be sad. I also can't afford might of the meek yet.

I'm pretty new and have been working on red map atlas completion and haven't had any problems or deaths. I killed Atziri so fast she just went straight into clone phases and never casted anything.

I am struggling with getting enough Dex to level my green gems. I might pick up a +30 passive but that feels wasteful.

I'm also trying to decide if I should switch the faster casting linked with offerings to Vaal haste.

Anyway I learned a lot about the build and mechanics from this thread so thanks again.

Glad you're having fun! The green gems are more utilities so it's not vital to level them. The tree by itself isn't enough to satisfy the required dex, so you're forced to get a little on one of your abyss jewels (unfortunately)...

I noticed you're running two offerings, you're aware they don't stack? In your case I'd replace one with vaal haste and keep one of the offerings in your inventory, swapping it in for the other when the situation calls for it. Faster Casting isn't very useful since we're only offering from time to time and the cast time isn't outrageously long already. You can consider swapping it for a golem for the buff (stone is best imo thought the others have their merits, don't go lightning as its aura buff will give you added lightning damage and fuck up your EE).

@DamageIncorporated MoM is definitely a viable alternative way to build! Having discussed it with Stag a while ago, he pointed out that getting back mana will be the biggest issue, as you're depending a lot on your natural mana regen unlike a lot of other MoM builds that have mana leech / mana gain on hit. You also can't run "can't regen" maps comfortably anymore (probably not a big deal but i'm a big fan of the alch and go the life version provides, where you don't even need to look at the mods)
@cbasz

Here's the thing ( and don't take it the wrong way, I'm not arguing I'm sharing thoughts!), I really think 20% of damage from hits gained as mana fixes a big issue, and that's...where will the mana sustain come from, outside of flasks. It just doesn't feel or perform good without forms of mana replenishment this build doesn't provide. with this Watchers eye slotted in with 20% of damage from hits gained as mana, it feels great, and serves to not have ya running dry after hits, and /or needing to swallow a flask cuz something looked at you funny.

Now, on paper of course, additional % of damage taken from mana before life is of course more mitigation...but in practice ( at least in this case), I have to chose, and I chose % damaged gained as mana.

I've reached this conclusion after basically throwing away a exalt or two on Watchers eyes lol ( changed my mind like three times). Le sigh

Pretty dang happy with it ( ignore the reflect one of course)
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 5, 2018, 10:58:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info