Herald of Purity

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 5, 2023, 8:02:38 AM
Is it intended that the sentinels don't curse on hit when herald of purity is linked with curse on hit and a curse gem?
It would be nice to get some minion stat info posted somewhere. Are these just reskinned zombies?
Dps buff component seems well balanced but the minions itself feel useless when it comes to doing damage. Ive tried them in a semi 5L and it was underwhelming with my 3L warchief totem doing more damage. Note that i had no minion damage on the tree since i was dual strike and there is simply no way to incorporate them into the build without gimping yourself completely.

The minions seem also useless for utility since they apply no curse nor can they blind etc, this is something i would love to see changed since the vast majority of builds are no where near minion nodes and as such only could use them for utility.

And lastly, give stats ffs. We asked for minion stats years ago and all we get is soontm if we get an answer at all, thats as bad as the guilds topic.
Last edited by Daemoneyes_ on Sep 10, 2018, 3:08:26 AM
Playing as guardian summoner with smite.. i guess they keep some enemies busy along with zombies but its hard to tell if they are even doing more dmg then zombies.
What are the minion stats, what does crusade slam even do? Why cant we have the stats on minions.. we get all the stats on skills to theorycraft with.
Those Sentinels really have go to school again. Their aggro is completly random, running through countless enemies to kill an other behind them. You cant control their movement like you can do it with zombies.
All in all the dmg is completly fine if their aggro could be controlled or they focus better, something like unique>rare>blue>normal, their Aoe is enough to clear white and blue anyways.
Crusade Slam is an hit on the Floor with their Staff, but it seems the dmg and Aoe of it is less then their normal hits...
I've been enjoying the skill so far. The damage bonus from the gem is quite good and beats most other Heralds for attack based builds that have most of their base damage scaled off phys.

The minions don't do very much other than point out enemies when I don't notice them.

"
starklife wrote:
Is it intended that the sentinels don't curse on hit when herald of purity is linked with curse on hit and a curse gem?

Curse on hit generally doesn't work with minions - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse_On_Hit_Support. You can link it with culling strike however to boost your boss dps.
Thank you for creating the skill I never knew I needed.

About my character:
I play SSF. I am a juggernaut that uses Sweep.

At first I was disappointed that the Herald was not a pure physical buff, however I am now to the point that I would continue to use the gem even if the buff was not there.

I have made versions of my character many times. No matter what I did I have always been overwhelmed in events like Breach and Abyss. Just too many monsters and no matter the defense I die.

Now I can just charge into large groups of monsters and continue sweeping away. I have four henchman to divide enemies attention and I can survive as long as I pay attention. I also never need to worry about re-summoning them since the continual slaughter does that nicely.

I had thought triggering the ability when facing a unique would be difficult, however I realized that it is on hit, not on melee hit.

I have always used two Cast on Damage Taken (level 38) - Blade Vortex - Blind - Increased Duration set-ups to keep opponents near me blind. Now those set-ups pretty much guarantee I will have my summons up and active during boss battles to. Again increasing my chance of survival.

My character finally feels like it has a chance in the end game.

So again thank you.
I have been trying since forever to do some hybrid minion/selfcast build that works. Nothing OP end-game stuff, just for fun, do some low-mid tier maps. Very excited for this gem, but it doesnt work out and never will because; The sentinels attack whatever you attack (same AI as zombies it seems). This creates a whole series of conflicts for the hybrid strategy as I have to score kills to have sentinel uptime. They steal my kills, they attack the weaker minions I want to score kills from while nothing is attacking the rares. So I need to have enough DPS/clear to keep them on a rare/magic pack, while still scoring kills = I need so much personal DPS that the sentinels are completely redundant. The only situation they are good are VS unique enemies but they really dont do anything that zombies does not - and zombies does not require reserving mana or scoring kills while clearing. The only thing this gem is usable for is the phys damage, and you get some pet-minions without spending any real money. What this gem need is something to modulate the AI, like "your golems are aggressive" type of thing. But pleeeeease not on a unique jewel, they are just impossible to find.
Last edited by Riborg on Oct 1, 2018, 1:36:56 PM
I'm the kind of player who feels about "done" with a character at about early yellow maps, so I make no claims about "endgame viability" etc, but I really enjoyed this gem this league.

Was a bit hard to pick their effectiveness in particular (how often and how large their slams are, especially) out of the on-screen chaos that I had going, but with a bunch of the new hybrid minion nodes and the two Guardian notables, their damage always seemed like a substantial contribution. Most general packs I'd just hit the first mob to refresh Static Strike and run on.

I took one of the Skill Duration clusters on the tree for quality of life since it affected so many skills I was using; I wasn't at all struggling to generate Sentinels without it, especially since even hitting rares/bosses creates them, but it boosted it well into "never having to think about it" territory, which was nice.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Nov 17, 2018, 10:45:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info