Smite

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 11, 2024, 3:53:12 AM
It's there a reason why the lightning part is not considered a hit?
Really fun skill... probably one of the best new skills ever added to PoE in quite awhile IMO.

THe only thing it kinda bothers me, is that if you're using it against a single enemy, with at least one more enemy standing just behind it, the ligtning bolt will fall on that other enemy instead, making the skill deal lower damage to the main target, and this mechanic is a bit annoying.

Could the range from the lightning bolt be reduced a bit more, so that the lightning bolt won't drop on a target that is too far away from your main target?
I use it as a more offensive alternative to Vigilant Strike + The Vigil for my aurabot, I'm using Smite to provide some extra damage to the party, and I connected it to Culling Strike, Curse on Hit and Temporal Chains/Enfeeble based on the content we're running.

The sad part is, for some reason Culling Strike works, but Curse on Hit doesn't. Is this intended? I can't see why as Smite hits, it states it in the description.
I've reported on BUG Thread that the skill does no interact with CoMK. Is that intended? As I the BUG post did not got any response.
Smite has a 15% chance for lightning to strike another target.
it too low chance
Feels very satisfying to use.
I like the sound, the animation and the AoE coverage.

Single target is a bit weak, but that's maybe my build's fault, not the skill's fault.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Not a bad melee skill... just nothing all that special about it. Synergy with Herald of Purity is nice, the summons pick up your aura.

Came here hoping for a bit more discussion though. Not too popular I guess.

My build is a Slayer/Elementalist Ascendant using:

Golems are lighting and chaos... not at all sure that's optimal.

Running Herald of Purity and Thunder (curse on hit warlord's mark) and Wrath.

Vaal Ancestral Warchief is a secondary source of damage.

Topping out in T9 maps right now... but SSF that isn't all that bad. Would love to switch to Mjolnir, but hitting stuff with

Anyone have luck finding a way to make this skill shine? Been messing around with gem setups and it just doesnt seem that great in Red Tier maps. Really crappy DPS.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Anyone have luck finding a way to make this skill shine? Been messing around with gem setups and it just doesnt seem that great in Red Tier maps. Really crappy DPS.

My Brain Rattler Jugg deals about 300-500k reliable mob DpS (with or without warchief, flasks and onslaught and frenzy charges from Blood Rage).

This is more than enough for mob clearing in any map tier.

Single target is a bit underwhelming. That's why I have 4 vaal double strike ghosts and 2 vaal warchiefs on top of that.
Didn't find a red tier boss yet that survived long enough to pose danger.

But t16 upwards isn't too great.
I'm glad I can straight up facetank Minotaur, I had to maul him for about a minute. ;)

Current Setup, still very budget gear:
click me
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info