Smite Brainrattler Jugg

Lvl 92, 6700 life, tooltip 100k, but
~500k clear DpS (ele overload, frenzy charges, onslaught)
~300k Shaper DpS (ele overload, warchief, flasks)
+ whatever vaal double strike and warchief and vaal warchief do
Damage is 100% lightning with as much pen as I could afford.

Gear:
Spoiler

I could swap out the quicksilver flask for harder fights, but wasn't really needed so far.

The ring without resists was initially supposed to be a Kaom's way, but I'm not really into paying the price for that thing, the ring I wear atm is a nice combination of tank and DpS, though I'm spending a ton of currency/fossils trying to roll something crazy like the belt.

Tree
(Watcher's eye with "Wrath adds 22% as extra lightning" is more of a style choice, Wrath now does about as much damage as a hatred without a watcher's eye. Rest of the sockets have "life %, % mace attack speed, % generic damage" jewels in them)

Spent 4 Ex on that 100% damage belt (which was one of my league goals, I doubt those stay in the game), the rest is still budget or self-crafted.

I need plenty of +dex from some gear for Blood Rage an Vaal Double Strike, and a little bit of int for all the blue gems.

What would be the next logical upgrade to squeeze out a bit more tank or DpS?
I'm doing ok so far, but there are for sure upgrades available.

PoB is crying for Conc Effect instead of any other support, but unlike with Sunder, I doubt it does anything for Smite's main attack, and if anything, I need more single target, not more AoE damage.

I could try to swap out Ele focus to gain shock benefits (I have plenty of shock chance), but is that really reliable against heavy bosses?
Or am I better off with the high more multiplier from Ele focus?

Lightning Pen isn't the strongest support according to PoB, it's only in 5th spot or something, but ingame, it feels the smoothest.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 30, 2018, 5:03:18 AM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2018, 3:58:47 PM
A hit of roughly 40k can shock shaper for a 1% damage increase. Depending on how much damage you deal in a single hit, it could be worth considering.

An option that works well with this mechanic is Ruthless, which will give you ~37.67% more average damage and more than double effect of shock.

Lightning penetration as a support gem is nice for resistance maps, but probably otherwise unnecessary. The more you stack, the less effective it becomes.

I can't say much more without a PoB link, but I'm currently on my phone anyway, so I wouldn't be able to look at it.
"
I can't say much more without a PoB link

https://pastebin.com/5NaU4stk

320k DpS on very conservative settings. I only clicked "has endurance charges" (and PoB automatically gives me the Ele Overload proc). I disabled (vaal) warchief and (of course) phase run, no flasks, no frenzies, no Onslaught.
I rarely have none of these buffs.

With this setup and ele focus disabled, I hit Shaper for 10-35k damage according to the "calcs" section.
A Ruthless hit would double that for 20-70k and would shock shaper, though the shock increase would be laughable.

Flasks and Warchief make this go up to ~30-100k, but I don't have 100% flask uptime against Shaper.

So... Probably not worth it to drop Elemental Focus, right?

Not if you intend to farm shaper or guardians. It could make a difference for clearspeed if you had HoT. In your current setup you don't have the mana for that, but I don't know if it would be more useful than Conductivity. If you do keep the penetration gem, the most resistance (not counting pen you might have on your tree) you could possibly be facing is 18%. This is mostly a matter of taste though, unless you also start using Inpulsa's.
I only have one t16 so far, I hit a corrupted mino in the face for longer than a minute (I'm a Jugg, so I'm pretty much immortal to his attacks and other stuff).
Not sure I want to put Shaper on autofarm with a build like this, but I could give it a shot.

Against normal monsters, HoT contributes almost nothing to my overall DpS (~5% more), Blasphemy/Conductivity adds 22% (11% against bosses, 7% against Shaper type).

I tried HoT+CoH+Conductivity, but I can only reliably trigger it with Leap Slam, which I rarely use (I like walking around). And then monsters are usually dead before they are cursed. Though the additional lightning beams are at least a bit helpful to kill stranglers.

Thought about Hatred+Wrath as well, but it's also weaker than Conductivity.
Well the point was that you could use it if you replace Elemental Focus, which means Smite should be able to trigger it. I don't know what your crit / shock chance is though, nor how useful the lightning is that it procs. Generally, if you notice Conductivity while mapping, you should keep it.
"
Well the point was that you could use it if you replace Elemental Focus, which means Smite should be able to trigger it. I don't know what your crit / shock chance is though, nor how useful the lightning is that it procs. Generally, if you notice Conductivity while mapping, you should keep it.

With Penetration stacking into negative monster resists, the conductivity aura always provides a solid more multiplier, while HoT just offers a bit of flat damage, and the lightning beams... Best thing they do is to pop breakables so I find a bit more stuff I would have otherwise ignored. ;) I'm not scaling pure lightning damage enough to make them really kill stuff.

About triggering HoT: Brain rattler has 15% chance to shock, and I picked up another 5% in Templar start. That's more than enough to trigger HoT reliably. But the only gem that can keep up with Ele focus is damage on full life, and I`m not sure I can justify it on this build. I'm full life a lot of times, but not permanently.

Main point of this thread is: Have I stupidly missed something I could be using to gain some serious damage (or survivability, but really, all I care about at this point is damage)?
I'm fine if the build is limited somewhere around the numbers I already have (sure I could gain a couple 10k damage with very expensive crafts, but that's not the point).

Well you might have been onehitting trash without EF and conductivity. If the beams don't help clearspeed, don't get HoT.

I'm currently bound to lurking the forums, so I can't add things to the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info