[3.8] The Kingsguard - LL Aurabot Dominating Blow Summoner Tank - Uber Elder and Atziri, Delve 600+

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1203424634252623872

I got really excited for this chest to use with this build, but then realized chaos damage would just kill us anyways since we have mana reserved as well as life ._.
Tempus Fugit
Any chance this build gets updated for 3.9 ?

I want to give it a try for my group of friends.
Can you confirm which gem links are good ? The forum or the PoB ?

Thank you
I just liked the video on youtube and asked the same question, i hope we can reach PaleClaw for a 3.9 version...
From what I've seen of the patch notes / gem changes, we should be able to run the 3.8 version with little to no changes until he's able to update the guide. We got some minor nerfs from supports / spectres but nothing too bad.
Tempus Fugit
None of the Awakened gems appear to have their mana multiplier increased, so getting the Awakened versions of Brutality, Melee Splash, Multistrike and Minion Damage would lend themselves quite nicely with the build.

It probably would've been nice if there was an Awakened Blood Magic Support so that there was a bit more leeway in applying max level Determination and Precision relatively early if you did get a +2 Sin Trek, but that's probably a non-issue for those who don't manage to get such a pair.

So I've been thinking of trying to league start with this since I've never really made an Aurabot (or a hybrid version, for that matter), although it would probably be more sensible to start with something more inexpensive like a summoner or miner and then transition once the currency rolls in. I do believe I've seen someone in a page or two back that said they did league start with this, but thought I'd see what others have to say for insight.

Case in point, transitioning this build from Life to ES seems like it'd occur at around level 85ish once you have the mandatory uniques. Clarity is probably considered a lower priority gem until you have a Clarity Watcher's Eye. (Although I expect a MoM player to bite my head off for that).

Do wonder if it'd probably be better to replace Bottled Faith with a Quicksilver and Whirling Blades/Faster Attacks with Flame Dash/Faster Casting so you can still jump over gaps once you lose access to Leap Slam. It might end up being faster to stick with WB/FA and use an ordinary Sulphur flask for survivability, but I'll probably worry about experimenting with that myself.

EDIT: Nah, I think I'll try league starting with this, see how far I can get. Not gonna learn too much if I stick with the 'tried and true' after all.
Last edited by Dragei on Dec 13, 2019, 6:01:35 PM
"
Dragei wrote:

Do wonder if it'd probably be better to replace Bottled Faith with a Quicksilver and Whirling Blades/Faster Attacks with Flame Dash/Faster Casting so you can still jump over gaps once you lose access to Leap Slam. It might end up being faster to stick with WB/FA and use an ordinary Sulphur flask for survivability, but I'll probably worry about experimenting with that myself.

EDIT: Nah, I think I'll try league starting with this, see how far I can get. Not gonna learn too much if I stick with the 'tried and true' after all.

Good luck with it, hope you enjoy it! I'm league starting with a different build just for a taste of something different, but I'm also leveling this on the side again and will probably stick with it longer. bottled faith is absolutely a luxury purchase and can be substituted with an extra quicksilver or sulphur. movement skill is totally up to your preference as well.
Tempus Fugit
I'm curious what you or anyone else who's running this build's take is on the spectre situation, now that this build cannot hit 4 spectres. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go back to having herald of purity in the hungry loop, or replacing the loop outright for something else?
Tempus Fugit
To be honest, it's probably not going to change much. When it was just the 3 Spectres you could realistically reach on minion builds, it always came down to having 2 Frenzy Apes because Frenzy is great on minions, and one Power Ape because it's a nice, but not mandatory, addition.

This changes merely forces us back to pre-3.8 Spectre priority. And will probably cause Necros to dual-wield +2 minion Convoking Wands if they're not going to put Spectres in helms.
"
Dragei wrote:
To be honest, it's probably not going to change much. When it was just the 3 Spectres you could realistically reach on minion builds, it always came down to having 2 Frenzy Apes because Frenzy is great on minions, and one Power Ape because it's a nice, but not mandatory, addition.

This changes merely forces us back to pre-3.8 Spectre priority. And will probably cause Necros to dual-wield +2 minion Convoking Wands if they're not going to put Spectres in helms.

Very true, some uptime is definitely better than none. I suppose the real question though is whether that 1 power charge ape is worth the 4 passive points to get the +1 spectre node in the first place, or if it could be better used elsewhere (since we dont really benefit from the zombie/skel properties the node gives)
Tempus Fugit
One consideration would probably be to replace it with a Spectre that casts a curse. With Shaper-tier bosses having -66% effects of curses, Vulnerability (Merveil's Retainer) is probably a an overall damage loss compared to Power Ape (I can't really seem to get Path of Building and its fork to calculate even with the config, so I'm probably missing something). So two others to consider would probably be Temporal Chains or Enfeeble, freeing up the need to corrupt the gloves.

On the other hand, it'll be 4 points you don't have to worry about, and if you did reach level 100, you can probably put 3 points towards the jewel slot next to Essence Surge for more mana + jewel slot. Alternately, if you're struggling to have Pride + Determination up even with a level 21 Blood Magic, putting two points towards Heart & Soul might be helpful (assuming you wish to keep the Lord of the Dead notable). There's plenty of leeway whether you want to have a higher focus on offence or defence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info